Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pure numbers, it's likely better from the get-go. But if you're pushing grifts solo, you're going to have a tough time. Pets and slowing turrets are pretty nice.

Just to clarify, 15% for each point of discipline, it's not hard to get enough discipline where that bonus beats out the effective +1000% from M6.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Lol @ the blood shard exploit

People with over 750K+ blood shards already so far today. Great game. Great season.

Find bloodshard gob -> open a grift (the higher, the better) and stay in the grift -> let friends kil the BS gob -> get out of the grift and get 4k bloodshards
I'd like to just find blood gobs at all. This season's RNG is really killing me. I had at least half a set of gear by plevel 70 at this time last season.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They shortened the animation of rend, applying it mid WW is near instantaneous. If you hold down WW(notice this is why I have it on a non-mouse button) and then press rend, you'll apply rend and immediately go back to spinning. The loss in DR% is only a concern in grifts where you can be one shot, literally. Then, you have to be more choosy where/when you rend.

I have no problems with health in big packs. The crits and globes are flowing freely then and you're on the move, so you're not actually taking that much damage. It's when you don't have many targets that barb regen kinda sucks. In those situations, either move if the elites are too tough to face or grin and bear the boring RG fight.

Someone had a nice suggestion that Mortick's Brace should allow the Ancient's Fury rune on CoTA and the Thrive on Chaos rune on WoTB. I really want that 5500 LpFS back now.
Thanks for the rend idea, used it and cleared 42 without a single death till the butcher as he speared while i was running for an orb. Now to just figure out that god awful RG in 4 minutes & 10 minutes to kill the damn thing issue
smile.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pure numbers, it's likely better from the get-go. But if you're pushing grifts solo, you're going to have a tough time. Pets and slowing turrets are pretty nice.

Just to clarify, 15% for each point of discipline, it's not hard to get enough discipline where that bonus beats out the effective +1000% from M6.
Still seems crazy to even consider using it unless grouped though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't tried it myself, but it does seem like a farm or group set. I could see using it to farm GR35s with enough gear. Supposedly there are Cru/3xUE DHs doing GR45 in ~90s.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use it and clear GR33+ easily with terrible gear (Don't have the proper quiver, or Focus/Restraint). It's much higher dmg than M6, but yah, you have to be way more careful and I do seem to die quite a bit more than using Marauder's. Still though, its crazy dmg as soon as you get the 6 piece bonus.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah, i'm just a casual, and Mud will put it to better use than me.

Literally next pack dropped an Ancient Etrayu for me that's pretty nice as well. I didn't even equip it, so I don't miss it. Hahah.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Regret giving away that basically perfect(IAS, ancient) kridershot yet?
It has no +disc, so I'll have to reroll for +disc, instead of rolling the socket to 10% dmg and gifting it. As it is base 3k damage, it's still going to be great (when I can finally finish UE6, which is eluding me). For comparison, I've found 5 out of 6 ancient maurader pieces (and I don't use the blood shard exploit).

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Still seems crazy to even consider using it unless grouped though.
I've been running with Nat's 6pc with Danietta's set and decided to give the UE set a try.

Knocked 5 minutes off my best time on GR38. Just alternating evasive fire and multishot while walking around most mobs were dead off screen. The sheer amount of damage hitting everything is just plain nuts.

Xeoo - Community - Diablo III

I know 38 isn't impressive at all. I'm going to see how well it works for higher rifts. Going to work on some defensive legendary gems and need an immune neck etc.

Edit: Was in a group with Mudcrush and he was telling me how I need a better setup. I'm like sure all I need now is an ancient krider with disc and a socket to drop. 30 min later it did...

Krider slow lightning ball spam go go go!

ili_sl

shitlord
Only a VERY small few got banned. Streaming exploits on a website that game company's use to promote their shit? really, how stupid could you be. If they are really going to do something, which they are not, all they have to do is look for anyone with over 200k blood shards and ban. That would be more then half of the leaders board so its not going to happen.

People with over 1.7 million shards..

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I've been running with Nat's 6pc with Danietta's set and decided to give the UE set a try.

Knocked 5 minutes off my best time on GR38. Just alternating evasive fire and multishot while walking around most mobs were dead off screen. The sheer amount of damage hitting everything is just plain nuts.

Xeoo - Community - Diablo III

I know 38 isn't impressive at all. I'm going to see how well it works for higher rifts. Going to work on some defensive legendary gems and need an immune neck etc.

Edit: Was in a group with Mudcrush and he was telling me how I need a better setup. I'm like sure all I need now is an ancient krider with disc and a socket to drop. 30 min later it did...

Krider slow lightning ball spam go go go!
Yeah that was awesome, you said it and then it dropped on that crazy rift with two separate packs of goblins. I am trying out grin reaper build on my WD now thanks to those packs, while the damage is insane when I summon the mimics it is too RNG for Grifts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like Blizzard hasn't done a great job at balancing the scaling of dps, toughness, and healing. If you're ranged, you can slack on one of those if you're willing to play that way. But melees don't have that luxury. You're going to take damage, lots of it, and you're going to need to heal it quickly. It's amazing how few melee builds can actually do that last one. Life per resource just doesn't cut it since Blizzard insists developing around not spending resources sometimes(builders). Even the spikes between continuous skill spamming can get you killed. Life on hit is pretty bad now that it's per activation instead of actual hit. Unless, you find a way to abuse that, which is the only way I find the barb playable at high grifts.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I feel like Blizzard hasn't done a great job at balancing the scaling of dps, toughness, and healing. If you're ranged, you can slack on one of those if you're willing to play that way. But melees don't have that luxury. You're going to take damage, lots of it, and you're going to need to heal it quickly. It's amazing how few melee builds can actually do that last one. Life per resource just doesn't cut it since Blizzard insists developing around not spending resources sometimes(builders). Even the spikes between continuous skill spamming can get you killed. Life on hit is pretty bad now that it's per activation instead of actual hit. Unless, you find a way to abuse that, which is the only way I find the barb playable at high grifts.
Melee's problem since game launched. The 30% inherit dmg reduction does nothing, too. Why? Because as a ranged unless it's jailer or something you can just run away and continue DPS. Or DPS from offscreen. The only way for melee to do high lvl GR's is CC. Whether it's broke ass WD constant CC or timed survival skills with just decent CC (Freezing) as much as possible. Until Rift Guardians who's diminishing returns makes it so you've got to run away to survive every now and again.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious if its just me, but this season has had a lot more little freezes and those freezes occasionally turn into DCs(as in it just boots me from game to character screen).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Melee's problem since game launched. The 30% inherit dmg reduction does nothing, too. Why? Because as a ranged unless it's jailer or something you can just run away and continue DPS. Or DPS from offscreen. The only way for melee to do high lvl GR's is CC. Whether it's broke ass WD constant CC or timed survival skills with just decent CC (Freezing) as much as possible. Until Rift Guardians who's diminishing returns makes it so you've got to run away to survive every now and again.
I'll admit I didn't push as high in vanilla as I can now, time investment and AH and all that. Life steal tieing recovery to DPS seems pretty good WITHIN the system at the time. I can understand they want players to care about 3 types of stats instead of 2, but they failed horribly at that. Some classes just outright ignore because either they can or their class mechanics would result in piddly healing even if they did gear for it. Or other classes actually want healing but it means taking unbalanced hits in dps or toughness.

The game mechanics and gear simply don't support players making important choices about all 3.

I am considering going back to DH, but I really dislike the small margin of error the playstyle promotes. But on the other hand, it's even more distasteful to slog through a high grift with no deaths and then have to leave the game because you get a RG that one shots you(Blighter).