Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Screw the 6+4IK setup, Way too slow and if you die you are fucked.

Go with 6 wastes and BK swords. Use a obsidian ring and a CoE. Use Goguk as one of your gems. Stack CDR.

I run around with perm zerker, ancients, and ignore pain.

Easy clear 50-51+
Same setup as me but i use unity and no ancients, and obviously no COE.
Is zodiac + gogok + a decent CDR really good enough to keep perma ancients AND ignore pain AND zerker? i found that keeping both IP and Zerker off cooldown was already not guaranteed with Gogok + CDR + Zodiac, it was the reason why i was hesitant to switch to Ancients + COE.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
With a 6 second Cassius belt and 38%ish CDR + Goguk and Boon passive I'm keeping all three up all the time. I spam the shit out of Overpower - Crushing Advance for another 35% melee DR.

If my profile loads correctly you should be able to see my talent loadout:

Xeoo - Community - Diablo III

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't spam overpower. The quicker you put it back on cooldown, the more zodiac procs it will eat. The damage it does is insignificant, just keep the buff up. That small change means you might be able to drop CDR from your weapon.

Why bloodshed instead of ItF or StP?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
STP is kinda pointless when dual wielding and using Ignore pain. You get some much life return from ignore pain alone that you don't really need the extra globes, you don't need the resources either.
Bloodshed vs ITF would need some testing to see what's better though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ItF is marginally better, but it does mean more blood funnel.

I disagree about the healing part, I'll take as much as I can get. LoH on one weapon will easily out-do the IIB rune.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
ItF is marginally better, but it does mean more blood funnel.

I disagree about the healing part, I'll take as much as I can get. LoH on one weapon will easily out-do the IIB rune.
Yeah no, we'll agree to disagree there. 5k life per fury spent shots up your recovery value by 5 million. While this is just paper stat, my life hardly ever drops at all whirlin through anything in 52+ rift as long as IP is up. I experimented with LoH on weapons and rings and the results weren't even close.
Life per fury spent is also vastly superior vs single targets, ie Rift guardians.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not saying 5k lpfs is insignificant. LoH, in this build, returns more. If you assume your dust devils hit at least one target, 20k of LoH(bare minimum for an ancient 1H weapon) returns approximately 20k * 3 * APS per second. At 2.5 APS, that's around 150k lps. 5k lpfs, assuming 20 rage per second(which is generous over estimate), returns 100k lps. I think getting both is the best solution since they are different types of healing. But for pure throughput, LoH is better. If I could ever get ideal BK swords(lol, fuck you default socket affix), it would probably be IAS and LoH.

The 3 comes from 1 for channeling WW and 2 for spawning dust devils at twice your APS, each one proccing LoH. I can see how IIB would feel better than LoH since 2/3 of the LoH comes from dust devils. Since you only get the LoH on the first hit, you can spin into a fresh group with the already generated dust devils having hit something, so when they contact the new bunch, they won't proc again.

I don't get your comment on single target. LPFS and LoH are basically both single target, neither scale with targets barring indirect scaling where you might get more resources with more targets and can spend it faster. The exceptions, of course, are proccing LoH with Slaughter or Blood Funnel. Very few heals exist that scale with targets, it's a bad oversight in the game currently. On large enough groups, I've spun through multiple arcane beams and only one non-ancient affix and Slaughter. I haven't been able to duplicate that with IIS. It's a shame Slaughter's single target damage sucks so much.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm not saying 5k lpfs is insignificant. LoH, in this build, returns more. If you assume your dust devils hit at least one target, 20k of LoH(bare minimum for an ancient 1H weapon) returns approximately 20k * 3 * APS per second. At 2.5 APS, that's around 150k lps. 5k lpfs, assuming 20 rage per second(which is generous over estimate), returns 100k lps. I think getting both is the best solution since they are different types of healing. But for pure throughput, LoH is better. If I could ever get ideal BK swords(lol, fuck you default socket affix), it would probably be IAS and LoH.

The 3 comes from 1 for channeling WW and 2 for spawning dust devils at twice your APS, each one proccing LoH. I can see how IIB would feel better than LoH since 2/3 of the LoH comes from dust devils. Since you only get the LoH on the first hit, you can spin into a fresh group with the already generated dust devils having hit something, so when they contact the new bunch, they won't proc again.

I don't get your comment on single target. LPFS and LoH are basically both single target, neither scale with targets barring indirect scaling where you might get more resources with more targets and can spend it faster. The exceptions, of course, are proccing LoH with Slaughter or Blood Funnel. Very few heals exist that scale with targets, it's a bad oversight in the game currently. On large enough groups, I've spun through multiple arcane beams and only one non-ancient affix and Slaughter. I haven't been able to duplicate that with IIS. It's a shame Slaughter's single target damage sucks so much.
Single target was not the proper way to express it I guess. LpFS will keep on healing while whirling away from the RG to avoid something which you sometimes have to do around 50+. LPH will only heal if the nadoes hit, and they are going in the wrong direction when running away from something since they aim for the direction you're going to.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree with you there. Ideally, LoH and LPFS to diversify your healing sources. But only the runes on IP or WoTB. As an affix, LPFS feels really underpowered, especially on weapons.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Question for you demonhunters here. I decided I want to gear one on the ladder because the other DH in my group wants to play wizard now (which I do) so we lack dps. Figure I might as well go full on ham and learn this class.

Any way, my question here is - how do I gear up? I'm still not sure what build to go for (I hear kridershot and ball lightning is best - but that has to be hard to get?) I'm thinking of just spamming rifts on my wizard and then gambling the full set (not natalyas, the other one) and then supplement it with crafted items (reapers wraps, fleeting strap, focus/restraint & w/e neck I have)

But if possible, could anyone give me some kind of indication on what to focus first and what build to start off with, seeing as I won't have a full ancient set any time soon

My profile should be here and you can look at my ladder DH. I haven't really started playing it, just put on some stuff I got from other people in my party
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/allana-2800/

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I was running a Kridershot Unhallowed Essence but I never got the 6 set bonus which is where it shines. I have switched to Barb WW because it is omfglolz. But yeah Kridershot, Lightning stat, or cold, and Unhallowed essence.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question for you demonhunters here. I decided I want to gear one on the ladder because the other DH in my group wants to play wizard now (which I do) so we lack dps. Figure I might as well go full on ham and learn this class.

Any way, my question here is - how do I gear up? I'm still not sure what build to go for (I hear kridershot and ball lightning is best - but that has to be hard to get?) I'm thinking of just spamming rifts on my wizard and then gambling the full set (not natalyas, the other one) and then supplement it with crafted items (reapers wraps, fleeting strap, focus/restraint & w/e neck I have)

But if possible, could anyone give me some kind of indication on what to focus first and what build to start off with, seeing as I won't have a full ancient set any time soon

My profile should be here and you can look at my ladder DH. I haven't really started playing it, just put on some stuff I got from other people in my party
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/allana-2800/
Yeah, you want 6pc new set, unhallowed essence, and focus + restraint. Its going to be way, way less dps until you get all 6 pcs so you can use f/r. Either one of the other sets +f/r will out dps ue if you get them in 6pc before ue. Make sure your cloak, weapon, and quiver have disc on them, ideally 12 of course; and use the preparation rune that permanently increases your disc pool. Just focus on that before worrying about slo-ball because yeah, good luck getting an ancient krider, and even better luck getting a useable one since now bows have to roll either perfect or w/ disc because the disc is a must.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
With a 6 second Cassius belt and 38%ish CDR + Goguk and Boon passive I'm keeping all three up all the time. I spam the shit out of Overpower - Crushing Advance for another 35% melee DR.

If my profile loads correctly you should be able to see my talent loadout:

Xeoo - Community - Diablo III
I hadn't seen this build before so I started working on leveling up the swiftness gem, got it to 18 and I got the drop to complete my unity set, although it is the ranged guy I have to use
frown.png

So what are the good builds with unity?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else put in a good chunk of playtime and never found an item you are interested in? For instance, I've never found:

- Templar invincible relic
- Shard of Hate
- Furnace

on any character. RNG gonna RNG, but the templar relic is frustrating since I mostly play solo and I have plenty of unities.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think I've found basically everything. Only one SoH and that was in S1 when Barbs were bugged with it. In fact I was even online and spinning to win when they hotfixed it on me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Never gotten a good Hellfire amulet. Not that I've really tried. The amount of time required to get a good one is quite obvious from the outset. Worse than gambling for weapons.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Anyone else put in a good chunk of playtime and never found an item you are interested in? For instance, I've never found:

- Templar invincible relic
- Shard of Hate
- Furnace

on any character. RNG gonna RNG, but the templar relic is frustrating since I mostly play solo and I have plenty of unities.
I've never seen a Furnace, Blade of Prophesy, Flying Dragon, or BK's Vow in more hours played than I care to admit.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Gifts do that to everyone else but me. I've gotten about 30 or so since they were introduced and I don't play a hell of a lot. I have about 130ish paragon this season I think and I've gotten 3 already (gave 2 away). I have used several and still have 18 i think banked.