Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong, the patches are great. What I don't like is that they are (probably) being worked on in lieu of a real expac... and that makes me sad.

Edit: There is an alternative theory that perhaps they're trying to maintain interest so they can move even more boxes than RoS. That strikes me as less likely since the game has no subscription or microtransactions.

Speaking of which, how are they justifying all these patches? You know they have a budget and Blizzard is a public company (ie they have to justify expenses to shareholders).

Mertz_sl

shitlord
This game needs some sort of a trading system, clan trading, friend list trading, a consumable that allows an item to be traded for a given time, anything really. I got through two months of season 3 before I gave up on the +gooder ancient items grind. I found near perfect items or repeats of decently rolled ancient items that were immediately turned into a forgotten soul without hesitation or are just sitting in my stash. I would of loved to trade my full set of ancient Reakors and then some for ancient Wrath of the Wastes pieces.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The issue ultimately comes down to abuse. Since they have a leaderboard you'll have popular streamers just getting geared funneled to them and making the leaderboard an unfair experience.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The issue ultimately comes down to abuse. Since they have a leaderboard you'll have popular streamers just getting geared funneled to them and making the leaderboard an unfair experience.
So put trading into non-season characters only, seasonal elite can still leaderboard and the rest will be happy that they can give that +arcane dmg amulet that dropped on their barbarian to their wizard friend.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Not that you can compete with them anyway. I dont think I remember a single time Gabynator wasnt logged in when I checked twitch, day or night.

Tenks

That would work. I'd be interested to see the numbers from blizzard for how many people play seasonal vs non-seasonal. It may just not be worth their time because so few people play non-season.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard wants no part of seasonal bot armies farming easily scriptable areas for the random chance of ancient loot they can sell through third party RMT.

Tenks

I like no-trade only because it gives me a solid few weeks of entertainment per season. With trading enabled it would be too tempting to just send a tell to someone in the RR guild and as for 6pc Wastes, get bored after an hour and stop playing.

Needless

Toe Sucker
"You can then "equip" your hero with one affix from each type of item: Weapon, Armor and Jewelry"

The possibilities hnngnghhghhg

vGrade

Potato del Grande
How much stronger are DH's and Wiz compared to WD? My DH buddy and I decided to try and push our solo rank last night and we were both successful yet GR 56 gave him rank 95 and gr 54 gave me rank 43.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I like no-trade only because it gives me a solid few weeks of entertainment per season. With trading enabled it would be too tempting to just send a tell to someone in the RR guild and as for 6pc Wastes, get bored after an hour and stop playing.
Same.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
"You can then "equip" your hero with one affix from each type of item: Weapon, Armor and Jewelry"

The possibilities hnngnghhghhg
The power creep though. Good thing is it makes all those "good but not a set piece" legendaries worthwhile again. I like the changes they're doing to this game, I wouldn't mind buying another expansion at this point. I actually wonder how they're making any money to fund these patches though, they're fairly substantial for a game that otherwise doesn't make any money, especially with the money spent on the servers too.

Nwodaz_sl

shitlord
The power creep though. Good thing is it makes all those "good but not a set piece" legendaries worthwhile again. I like the changes they're doing to this game, I wouldn't mind buying another expansion at this point. I actually wonder how they're making any money to fund these patches though, they're fairly substantial for a game that otherwise doesn't make any money, especially with the money spent on the servers too.
People are probably constantly buying more copies. If Skyrim can stay in and out of Steam's top 10 for 4 years, I'm sure D3 sells enough copies to keep a few developers paid.