Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I did like 50flails on my crusader with the rare > leg to get the blessed shield one, I got everything else like 4-5times and I have an ancient version of each of them almost, but never got the blessed shield one. It's a good dump for mats to try to get ancient weapons and stuff I think, but yeah otherwise not great unless you're targetting something specific especially for weapons(since the bloodshard cost on weapons is dumb and they're not split in categories). Like after that I went for the 2H flails ones and there's only 4, got all of them in 5crafts, good for cubing and shit(and one of them was ancient so that's a 2H ancient too).

Done with my crusader for now, fucking class has too many worthless sets I don't want to bother trying to get any of the 2 good sets when I can keep getting fucking akkhan and invoker.

Oh also hadn't noticed that in patch notes and shit but crafting legendaries now apparently takes bounty mats instead of forgotten souls. Don't know how I feel about that, I guess it's easier to craft stuff early on this way.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Every once in awhile you hit one of those material goblins that drops like 50 of the damn things (deaths breath).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Every once in awhile you hit one of those material goblins that drops like 50 of the damn things (deaths breath).
Yeah but 50DB is only 2x recipe. It's 50 of each mat and 25 DB, so the bottleneck is definitely DB since you generally get close to 50 of each mat just looting everything in a rift then salvaging, but you generally get like 5DB.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I've gone through most of a 5k stack of breaths since yesterday, FML. Kinda weird since I blew thru them in PTR trying to get ancient versions of my shenlongs/jumas weapons and they nerfed THAT so it's just bleeding through incidental recipes.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Wtf is the cube? Are monks still grossly overpowered like they were last season? Kind've bored of all the classes but I want to try monk.

khorum

Murder Apologist
longish video about the cube and the new assets that came with it, but it came with some cool background and trivia about the blizzard dev it was named for. Neat that they matched the gates of sescheron from theBaal intro cinematic, down to the banners and stuff.

Recipes and features at 6:13

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was messing around with my HC WD to figure out how many mats you get before torment and how many recipes you get on lower difficulties. At 70, it seems that Normal to Master is the same rewards. It's 3 mats per bounty clear(2 from main box, 1 from bonus box). The thing that was interesting is you get like 8-10recipes per bounties. That means it's fairly likely that doing one full round of bounties on normal on a fresh 70, which is very easy, will yield most plans. Then you can use a bunch of your materials to craft Sunder(2H mace) and 3 pc Augild(chest+helm+shoulders/bracers) and have one material of each left over to cube something. This doesn't take very long especially on a class with good movement(monk/dh/barb, WD is alright with the pet speed passives and wiz/crusader are pretty shit tbh) and basically guarantees you get a decent weap(can't reroll it so it might be kinda shit) and 3pc augild offers a pretty decent bonus to damage against elites while giving you legendary stats on 3 pieces of armor.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I believe you are only guaranteed 2 recipes per bounty, if it gives you more, it's because sub 70 recipes couldn't drop before.

khorum

Murder Apologist
After being stuck at gr45 before I quit last season, I try the new helltooth set with a meh build and top out at 52 lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I believe you are only guaranteed 2 recipes per bounty, if it gives you more, it's because sub 70 recipes couldn't drop before.
Ah you might be right, checking my list again, it seems I only got a few 70 recipes, the rest was lower level stuff. I think it's more than 2 though(maybe bonus box gives like 1more), as I have like 6-7 counting the jewels and I didn't play the char after hitting 70 so I probably had none or like 1 before, and only ran 2 bounty sets. I hadn't checked the levels, just saw a large amount of legendary shit in my crafting box and thought they were all 70. Probably not worth it then(though 1 bounty run does give you enough to extract 3 items, one for each slot, so that's still something kinda nice and you might still hit Sunder or the 2H axe, which is pretty good to go T1).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I was messing around with my HC WD to figure out how many mats you get before torment and how many recipes you get on lower difficulties. At 70, it seems that Normal to Master is the same rewards. It's 3 mats per bounty clear(2 from main box, 1 from bonus box). The thing that was interesting is you get like 8-10recipes per bounties. That means it's fairly likely that doing one full round of bounties on normal on a fresh 70, which is very easy, will yield most plans. Then you can use a bunch of your materials to craft Sunder(2H mace) and 3 pc Augild(chest+helm+shoulders/bracers) and have one material of each left over to cube something. This doesn't take very long especially on a class with good movement(monk/dh/barb, WD is alright with the pet speed passives and wiz/crusader are pretty shit tbh) and basically guarantees you get a decent weap(can't reroll it so it might be kinda shit) and 3pc augild offers a pretty decent bonus to damage against elites while giving you legendary stats on 3 pieces of armor.
You get 3 mats per bounty on normal? That seems like it might be the best to farm.

I jumped on my Demon Hunter last night after not playing for like 3 months. I just did T1 because I figured it would be fast. People weren't doing split bounties, they were grouping together. Is that normal now? It seemed like a waste of time, to do all 5 took forever. I was 2 shotting all the bosses but with 1-2 people in tow we weren't finishing anything fast.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get 3 mats per bounty on normal? That seems like it might be the best to farm.

I jumped on my Demon Hunter last night after not playing for like 3 months. I just did T1 because I figured it would be fast. People weren't doing split bounties, they were grouping together. Is that normal now? It seemed like a waste of time, to do all 5 took forever. I was 2 shotting all the bosses but with 1-2 people in tow we weren't finishing anything fast.
It's only the best when you're geared like shit. At some point your gear is good enough that T1 is as fast as normal, fairly quickly even, and eventually you have gear good enough that T7 is the same as normal(one shot trash, kill elite in under 5seconds). And you get 6 for T1 and 8 for T7, so that's a massive improvement over 3. But yeah when you first start since T1 is slow as shit, normal can be nice if you need a few mats to extract. Don't think it's worth farming beyond that though cause you gain paragons slow as shit and since you're not killing a whole lot when doing bounties, you also don't get many legendaries.

And no, people split bounties. I guess people are being derp on normal league and shit atm, especially with cube and what not.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I mean my DH is in Marauders with the extra turrets quiver. I soloed GRift 42ish before I left for a bit. So if the people I'm with aren't retarded I should be doing T7?
My wizard isn't anything special, I think I got to grift 36 or something in season 2 and hadn't played since. Loaded up T7 and it was very easy, basically the same as T6 from what I could tell.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean my DH is in Marauders with the extra turrets quiver. I soloed GRift 42ish before I left for a bit. So if the people I'm with aren't retarded I should be doing T7?

Fyff - Community - Diablo III
Well T7 to T1 isn't as big of a jump as T1 compared to normal, but it's still 2 more per clear, and if you can do T7 quickly, which you can probably do with 6pc marauder, then I'd say go for it. Really the only time there's a noticeable difference if your gear is good is act bosses since they have a fuckton of hp, but DH marauder is like so good against those cause they tend to stand still in one spot so you can just dump all your turrets and wreck them. At the end of the day, you can quickly see wether or not it's worth it by running it a few times. It's 30% more materials, so as long as you're taking less than 30% more time than T1, it's worth doing especially since you get more xp and more chances are legendaries(as drops, though it also means you get a forgotten soul every clear from the box but that's not very relevant if not early in seasons).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well if death's breath are the choke I'm good for non-season since I saved those ~8,000 death's breath that just appeared in my inventory after a patch one day. Got about 10,000 total.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had somewhere between 5 and 10k DB and used a good chunk trying to craft a Calamity/Kridershot. Gave up on the Kridershot, but I still have a few thousand left.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was crafting those as well. Probably did 3-ish cycles of 15 Hand Crossbows, then another 4 Bows. This was after 3-4 of the same cycle for 2-H Mace on my Barbarian to get The Furnace.