Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I want to PvP..... that is all. I cannot even think of a meaningful memory of my days of D1 that doesn't involve PvP'ing. Yeah, a bit more story and PvE'ing in D2 but even in D2 I PvP'd a lot. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but to me it's part of the game.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I just want items that wow me and change the way you can play the game. Right now all you have is "more dps" or "better defense", like 8 or so stats that only work for one of these 2 concepts. At best you can consider it game-changing when you gear to a threshold that allows you to perma-run one of the skills that are meant to be oh shit buttons like archon. Removing the rune concept from itemization and just putting it on the level curve was probably what flattened their itemization plans, but that choice was made pretty shortly before release so the repercussions only showed after the game was out.

They need to streamline current item mods somehow and then throw a ton of mods in that enhance/change specific skills so people can actually make a variety of builds for different skills.

Their first pass over for legendaries was changing them from crap to BIS stats with a funny proc. An improvement for sure but they could do better.The big selling point of legendaries right now: "dps stats you otherwise dont get in that slot" ... while nice to a degree thats still mostly boring and also often removes any equipment choice from that slot. Instead legendaries could maybe grant special skills (similar to the way D2 runewords did, but new skills instead of those of other classes), focus on making them unique and interesting and not just being the top dps choice.

I also think they should take the cap off from paragon levels. Make them take more even xp beyond 100 and let people that want to grind it out. The effects at that point are negligible enough anyway, and at least you feel some progress after a weekend of playing without any noteworthy drops. Friend of mine that still plays already maxed out all classes he enjoys. In D2 you'd roll a different build at that point, but theres no reason to in D3.

Re: PvP: In D1 and D2 you just didnt have a ton of extra rules, special zones etc for PvP. You switch it on and that's it. I wouldnt mind if they found a way to put that back in. But isnt the brawling stuff ok for low-level dueling? I was so glad they canned the idea of copying WoW arenas because that would lead to balancing (lol) around it, even if they initially say they wont. I hope the whole notion died with the change to brawling.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can power anyone to 60 in about 2 hours assuming you have cains and a hellfire. It's a little slower w/o hf. I can also carry MP10 ubers for people who need rings. Feel free to add me: Madruk#1843
Is Cains used for the slot in the helm for the gem with % xp boost? Bought a helm with a slot at level 10 but wasnt sure.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Cains used for the slot in the helm for the gem with % xp boost? Bought a helm with a slot at level 10 but wasnt sure.
Cain's Helm with a socket is the best piece of the set. However, each piece of the set is +XP as well and the set gives a 30% XP boost when 3 pieces are worn.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Anyone who is bored with D3 should really check out Marvel Heroes. It has skill trees, maps that allow for 12 players and open regions where everyone loads into the zone. The game just launched so it's still being patched and changed but if you can get over the F2P aspect of it and have the patience to at least play to the end of the Doom story you will have a roster of 3 heroes to choose from and the ability to swap them out on the fly. There is a thread in the MMO forums. Marvel Heroes is going to introduce a guild system (they decided to retool it before launch) which is something sorely lacking in D3, there of course will be a Rerolled guild.

You can download the game for free from Steam but remember, whatever starting character you pick you will be locked into for a while unless you spend money. Scarlet Witch (aoe dps, debuff) and The Thing(tank, aurass) are both solid starting options. If anything else it's worth checking out just to see how it compares to Diablo.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
But is it better than PoE?
That question just popped up in the MH thread and it seems that the replies have been leaning towards "yes, it's better" for various reason with the exception of one person who admits he has only played the game briefly. I have not played PoE yet to compare the two myself, but looking at the PoE trailer I would say the answer depends on if you prefer spandex underwear or a loincloth.

I am downloading PoE now. What I can say is that Marvel Heroes is a vast improvement on the Marvel diablo clones that they have been releasing on the consoles.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, PoE makes me wish I had more time to spend playing it, D3 makes me realize how pointless the gear treadmill is.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any of you PoE guys want to trade a good amount of PoE $$$ for D3 at a rate fair to both? Have exalteds and most currency in normal mode, pm me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone gonna pick this up for consoles? Kind of curious if it's going to be terrible. Looks like you can have friends play with you?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started a monk and picked up a helm with socket on him, is the Hellfire ring buyable or do I have to do the entire quest with someone grown up to grab one?