Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They are working on the console version obviously, don't expect any updates until november.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
$60 bucks
frown.png

Only took me a few days to reach level 100 in Torchlight 2. Friend and I blew through that in no time. Replayed the whole thing at least six times. Finally got bored with it since there really wasn't anything new, no new gear designs or anything.

I've been debating getting Diablo III. I got the starter thing and have been playing through it. But I've been reading about folks finishing it in less than 5 hours (5-20 hours of gameplay for the main campaign).

My question is, is this really worth $60? I don't want to get burned again like I did with SimCity, Defiance, and all the other "premium" titles out there with little more than $40 worth of content, if that. Would really like some opinions as to why or why not it's worth the pricetag, or if I should just let it slide and stick to PoE or Marvel Heroes.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard has posted itemesation is broken, so they know. The fix is coming after Blizzcon 2013, probably Q1 2014.

If you like ARPGs without loot to pursue, you should get it.

Class balance is also lacking, there is rampant botting, and no pvp. Those are just secondary issues though.They also have some kind of lag issue (rubberbanding) which has been going on for months and still hasn't been fixed for all classes.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
$60 bucks
frown.png

Only took me a few days to reach level 100 in Torchlight 2. Friend and I blew through that in no time. Replayed the whole thing at least six times. Finally got bored with it since there really wasn't anything new, no new gear designs or anything.

I've been debating getting Diablo III. I got the starter thing and have been playing through it. But I've been reading about folks finishing it in less than 5 hours (5-20 hours of gameplay for the main campaign).

My question is, is this really worth $60? I don't want to get burned again like I did with SimCity, Defiance, and all the other "premium" titles out there with little more than $40 worth of content, if that. Would really like some opinions as to why or why not it's worth the pricetag, or if I should just let it slide and stick to PoE or Marvel Heroes.
No this is not worth 60$ at all, maybe once they address itemization, class balance and add endless dungeons.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It was only worth it if you got it early. I made about $500 off the RMAH and gave 10% of my profits to POE. Balance is restored.

Molten Core Raider
Sadly, the rubberbanding issues are not limited to the Euro servers
frown.png
. I play about an hour a day for shits and grins and it happens somewhat frequently. It seems mostly related to movement enhancing abilities (ie sprint, tempest rush etc). It doesnt happen all the time, but it is frequent enough to be frustrating.

kudos

<Banned>
I just re-started playing this game again. What do you mean itemization is broken? How will they fix it?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just re-started playing this game again. What do you mean itemization is broken? How will they fix it?
Drop less items, but raise the lower bound on what the affixes can roll at level 63. So instead of being 50-200 Strength it'll be 150-200 Strength. Instead of 100-400 armor it'll be 200-400 armor.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696

Their #1 issue IMO is still boring loot. It really doesn't matter if they change the range of what affixes can roll. You'll get a few minor upgrades quickly, then be right where you were. As long as your class relies on a single stat or 2 where the only upgrade is +better, no amount of affix range changes will fix it. They need more stats that matter, so that an upgrade path is not always so clear.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
$60 bucks
frown.png

You should have got it when it was on sale for the 1 year anniversary. But imo you should just wait until after blizzcon, see if they announce the expansion and they'll be a lot closer to the next patch that is supposedly going to fix everything.

Length of the campaign depends on playstyle. I'm the type of person who like to explore each nook and cranny so just to beat the game on normal my first playthrough was about 22 hours. Now with monster power it would be much quicker if you played on mp0 or much longer if you played on mp10. Also, there wasn't much good shit on the auction house when the game first launched so that made it more difficult and added time, if you used the ah today it would be much easier, hence why more people are opting to play self found.

Is it worth $60?, well thats like, your opinion man. There are hundreds of thousands of people who have devoted over 1000 hours of gameplay and probably a million or so with 500+ hours. There were people who put 400 hours into it in the first month and demanded a refund. What is worth $60 to one person may not be to another.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
When the fuck are they going to have an expansion for this game? What the fuck are they doing with all the billions they are making off these fucking games?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yep, Diablo and WoW make incredible sums of money and it really feels like they are barely investing in either one. Its mind boggling.