Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I really want to see the next patch and see what they are doing with some of the sets.

I'm getting bored with my wiz. Though I might try an archon build.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I really want to see the next patch and see what they are doing with some of the sets.

I'm getting bored with my wiz. Though I might try an archon build.
Game longevity is greatly increased for me by trying/playing a bunch of classes each season. Only ones I have no interest in this season is Wiz/Crusader. I've got fully geared WW barb, HoTA barb, Hellfire/chicken WD, Uliana/SSS/EP monk, and I'm working on a UE6/multishot DH now.

Only the WW barb and HOTA barb have really optimized/good gear, but the WD is amazing for speed-running bounties and SSS/EP monk is just crazy powerful even without optimized gear. No ancient weapons/not great stats on his stuff and low 50's GRifts are still pretty easy. HOTA barb is a beast but the playstyle is pretty boring and I hit a kill-speed wall at GRift 55 =/

We still have a a decent amount of people playing regularly in the clan, it seems. No one wants to group anymore, though
frown.png
I want to do group GRifts on whatever character. I've got all the main gems I use between 45-50 but would love to push higher in groups...

Brikkseason - Community - Diablo III

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The reason I stopped logging in was because nobody ever seemed to want to group for grifts.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm always down to group, I just don't feel particularly effective with Uli's and I don't have a heal monk set of gear.

Also my video card is dieing so I might not be on much for a while =/

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hit the season dh leaderboards last night and got an upgrade at boots this morning, woot! Hit 975, down to 985 now, but I did a 58 sub 12 minutes so I should be able to complete a 59 and go back up.

Would be nice if when rerolling items the same stat could not reappear lower. Did about 80 rerolls on those boots to try to get 15% multishot and kept getting 13, 12%.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Well that didn't take long. Last week 10~15 people online at prime time. This week, 3. What came out this weekend?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Literally anything? World of Setcraft has decidedly less pull once you get into the grift 60s and there's really only 1-2 core play styles for the three classes worth a damn right now. In typical blizzard fashion, they could literally change a couple numbers on a few items to add a ton more depth (ie, set a does 500M whole set b does 2B, add mult to set a) but nope, come back in six months.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I keep coming back and playing for a while. Each time I hope they've improved the Crusader. I love the class design. But each time? Nope.

So I play for a while--usually a WD--get bored and leave within a month.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that didn't take long. Last week 10~15 people online at prime time. This week, 3. What came out this weekend?
Yeah, I think that is pretty standard fare 3-4 weeks after a season starts. Normally I quit playing around this time too, but I may make it the full season this time since I enjoy you can target upgrades now with the cube.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Perhaps you popped in at a low point?

Just looked (8:24am Thursday) and saw that there were 23 people in the clan that were logged in in the last 24 hours. This does not seem unusual.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Definitely less people on for less time now. I'm still playing but I don't see it lasting more than another week or two; probably gonna swap to FO3/NV mod&replays before FO4 comes out. I might get up a Wizard and gear it out first, we'll see. Big thing tanking my interest is lack of groups; not many in Clan want to group for GRifts and not many in the various class channels do, either.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mostly just play while I'm catching up on League Worlds' stuff that I've missed. Otherwise catching up on my backlog.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Once you get geared up the games loses a ton of its fun for me. I dont really care to grind 1000 hours for that 2% ancient upgrade.

If there was some form of trading market then I could see playing for weeks longer maybe months. Still blows my mind that they took trading completely out of a diablo game and somehow convinced the majority of players to want it that way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What the fuck would you trade in the current state of the game anyway, they'd need to completely overhaul itemization again to make trading relevant. I'll take solo self found viability over that too. PoE has trading and a lot of stuff to trade since most items you'll use are rares with randomly generated stats in typical diablo fashion, but it makes it a pain in the ass to play without trading. The current droprate of legendaries and blood shards and all that shit would get nerfed into the ground to support trading.

I think they'd be better off doing shorter seasons and leaving it at that than trying to remake the entire game yet again just so it has better longetivity.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What was the reason for taking trading out? Because so much loot drops so easily now they figured it would make people play less?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is really no need for trading any longer at this point with how easy it is to get gear and with the cube you can focus gear you're looking for. My seasonal dh has ~150 hours played and has nearly a full set of optimized ancient gear, actually everything is ancient but a couple of pieces are one affix off from what I'd like. I don't believe we've had a truly competitive season yet, because every season has had some bug exploited, but if there were trading it certainly would never be competitive because you do have ppl willing to shell out rl cash for that best piece of gear. Even if they didn't touch the drop rates, if they added trading, you would still have ppl paying top dollar for well rolled bis items.

Most ppl lose interest when the upgrades stop rolling in sure, but you have to consider a 2% ancient upgrade at the end of the season is a 2% upgrade on a much larger number, that 2% upgrade on 2.5m damage is just like getting a 6/7% upgrade at 800k damage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really like the season journey. Sure, it's arbitrary, but it helped put an endpoint to a game that kinda flounders at the end. Yes, I could have self-imposed these before, but idk, just feels different this time. Now, I pick a class I haven't played in a while, do the season journey, and then I'm done. No more farming the shit out of the game until I get burnt out.