Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

penalty_sl

shitlord
Of course theres no need for trading in the current system they have now, but a game that makes loot harder to find and has trading has more staying power than the way d3 is set up.

I could care less about people paying RL money for shit either. Thats happening in most games anyway. Even if you shell out cash for items you'll never compete with streamers like quinn or alk who play 24/7. Not that I care about 'competitive leaderboards' anways. I couldnt even tell you who was the top 5 let alone top 1 of each class for the last few seasons. Nobody remembers that shit.

penalty_sl

shitlord
I think they'd be better off doing shorter seasons and leaving it at that than trying to remake the entire game yet again just so it has better longetivity.
Thats probably the easiest thing they could do to improve the game at this point. These seasons are ridiculously long. They should be a few weeks not months.

They should do races and shit that PoE does (never played it but have heard) see who can get highest GR in a week, or who can finish the journey the fastest ETC.

Needs short seasons where people can play for a few weeks then start things over.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
We will just have to agree to disagree then. I'd much prefer finding all my own loot in a reasonable time actually playing the game rather than spending 40% of my playing time in various trade forums/channels/games.

penalty_sl

shitlord
We will just have to agree to disagree then. I'd much prefer finding all my own loot in a reasonable time actually playing the game rather than spending 40% of my playing time in various trade forums/channels/games.
I tend to obsess over trading items in games and amassing wealth. Spent 90% of my EQ career in EC tunnels and then the bazaar market hoarding platinum. Its a sickness really.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I want to do the season journey, but god damn it seems like a shitload of effort that I might not ever be able to do...

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I want to do the season journey, but god damn it seems like a shitload of effort that I might not ever be able to do...
Just stop when you get bored. I got like the level 8 and can't be bothered to farm up the last few items to get me to the end.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Other then GRift 60 solo, the rest of the stuff should be attainable for you almost right this second. Most PUG groups are doing GRift 55 to test the waters. That should be enough to get your gems up to level 50 in no time. In that same time you should get close to enough items to cube for that achievement. The rest just randomly comes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tend to obsess over trading items in games and amassing wealth. Spent 90% of my EQ career in EC tunnels and then the bazaar market hoarding platinum. Its a sickness really.
Then play PoE. That literally is the end game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Most of it just comes from playing the game. The only annoying thing is you have to do a bunch of bounties to cube a bunch of garbage, but just stock stuff up and do like 1bounty run a day, you "only" need 13 runs total, takes like 20mins per run in pubs, it's not really that bad. It is if you try to do it all at once but fuck that.

I personally really liked the addition of the season journey, it's a nice way to have a set goal in grinding and shit. Don't have to do all of it as you get the pet and the first portrait very easily, but if you want to play more it's something to do on the side. Hope next season they cut down on the cubing aspect and do other stuff. I think having a Do GR X with 1-3 different sets would be nice since they're fixing all the remaining old sets.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most of it just comes from playing the game. The only annoying thing is you have to do a bunch of bounties to cube a bunch of garbage, but just stock stuff up and do like 1bounty run a day, you "only" need 13 runs total, takes like 20mins per run in pubs, it's not really that bad. It is if you try to do it all at once but fuck that.

I personally really liked the addition of the season journey, it's a nice way to have a set goal in grinding and shit. Don't have to do all of it as you get the pet and the first portrait very easily, but if you want to play more it's something to do on the side. Hope next season they cut down on the cubing aspect and do other stuff. I think having a Do GR X with 1-3 different sets would be nice since they're fixing all the remaining old sets.
Did they fix the bug with the cubing items yet? I have something like 52 effects cubed and still no credit for the 25 cubed items one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did they fix the bug with the cubing items yet? I have something like 52 effects cubed and still no credit for the 25 cubed items one.
I think they did at some point, have you logged in since? Iirc people were mentionning getting the achievements on log in, or maybe after cubing one more.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yep seems no expansion. They were hiring people for Diablo content a couple weeks back so maybe they haven't even started on the expansion yet or whatever. Kinda sucks, it's my favorite blizzard game atm since I got bored of HS a while back, I mostly just fuck around in hots and I have no interest in SC2 or wow anymore. I guess Overwatch might be interesting too whenever that's ready, which I assume is right after Blizzcon.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm at the level a hc toon to 70/cube 100 tier and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it any further. Just running out of motivation as the few people I regularly play with slowly disappear. Can do a 56 grift solo on my WD and haven't had the right regular rifts for a 3 minute clear. I'm sure I could find some communities to work on this if I really wanted.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
HC level 70 is easy. Join one of the power leveling groups in game. Takes like 20 minutes. Cube 100 comes easy once you farm the mats. I did 1 bounty run a night for a bit. In pugs it takes like 30 minutes or less to complete. The rift under 3 minutes is more difficult. Took us like 5 or 6 rifts with 4 geared people to get a good one.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone know exactly how Convention of Elements works? Say I'm on a WW Barb with WW - Blood Funnel, so Physical damage. If I wait for the Phys buff from CoE to pop up, then start whirlwinding, do I get that 200% damage bonus until I stop whirlwinding? Or does it only give me the 200% when the buff active?