Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Season 5 will be December/January time frame. I would expect some random event on Thanksgiving weekend to draw in all the dudes home alone while their wives are shopping. Then the season will end the next weekend.

Sad times that Blizzcon will feature like 2 hours total of Diablo content
frown.png

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
We'll probably get more info once Blizzcon rolls around in a few weeks. They've already hinted at what will come in patch 2.4 with a few set upgrades.

edit:
What to expect from 2.4 - This is what we know: : Diablo
Melee DH sounds fun.

"The Shadow's Mantle set is the redesign that I'm the most excited about for 2.4 so far. The idea of a melee-weapon oriented build that doesn't involve bows/xbows has always been in the back of my mind. Here's what it currently looks like: 2pc While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 1000%. 4pc Shadow Power gains all runes and lasts forever. 6pc Impale deals 30000% weapon damage to the first enemy it hits. The idea is that the set is extremely strong on single-target damage, but weak on AoE. To help with that, a new dagger will have the power "Every second, the damage of your next Fan of Knives is increased by 250-300%." To help with movement, a pair of bracers has the power "After using Impale, Vault costs no resource for 2 seconds." That item will allow you to Vault into position to Impale the high-value targets. Additionally, we're also allowing Demon Hunters to use melee weapons with quivers because the fantasy of this quick-moving assassin build is about speed, not walking around with a shield
wink.png
"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I just picked this back up after being off of it for a year.

I play a Demon Hunter, what's the best build currently? I've been doing rifts and bounties and I just got the cube to rip abilities out of items.

Basically what am I missing from improving my character? I run Torment 4 right now, I can't imagine how I get the gear to do higher levels than that. But there must be a way...

Do I want to concentrate on set items? Or still get random oranges? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just picked this back up after being off of it for a year.

I play a Demon Hunter, what's the best build currently? I've been doing rifts and bounties and I just got the cube to rip abilities out of items.

Basically what am I missing from improving my character? I run Torment 4 right now, I can't imagine how I get the gear to do higher levels than that. But there must be a way...

Do I want to concentrate on set items? Or still get random oranges? Inquiring minds want to know.
Natalya's 6pc (using the weapon, no ring) is the "best" build for pushing grifts, but requires a lot of work/gear/effort to work properly.

As far as gearing goes, you're going to want to build for Unhallowed Essence 6pc. That is by far the most important thing for you to get right now as it'll tremendously increase your damage output, making t6 a breeze. At the beginning of the season I went from doing 30m crits with marauder's 6pc to 300m crits with UE6, thats how big of a difference it makes. Once you get your UE6 the next most important thing for you to get is a Yang's Ancient Recurve bow, you can try and either get one to drop and more importantly upgrade rare bows at the cube to get one. Once you get one if its decent you may want to continue rolling for a second one so you can use your decent one in the mean time while you continually reroll the 2nd one until you get an ancient one, if it sucks well just reroll it using the 50 soul cube recipe. Also of high importance is your quiver, you'll want dead man's legacy so it makes your multishot hit targets below 50-60% health twice. Also note your bow, quiver, and cloak all MUST have +disc on them, they are worthless without it. And just behind the importance of those items you'll also want focus/restraint as your two rings. That only leaves your amulet, which you just need one with good stats until you can get a hellfire.

I'll post more about the build in a sec...

Oh, I didn't mention belt/bracers, those are of lesser importance compared to the other things, but you'll want wraps of clarity for your bracers. Reaper's wraps are decent and you can get the plan off of killing malthael to use in the mean time. For belt you'll want to find a hunter's wrath belt, but a witching hour is also a nice dps boost. Hunter's Wrath provides much more toughness though so when starting out go for the hunter's wrath.

My profile to compare:Valla - Community - Diablo III

In your cube it will be best to start with calamity in your weapon slot if you can get one, you want cindercoat in your armor slot, and convention of elements in jewelry slot.

For your gems you definitely want bane of the trapped and zei's stone of vengeance the third is a little more flexible, but I'd recommend starting with iceblink. Iceblink makes your evasive fire proc slow so you get the bonus damage from bane of the trapped and Cull the Weak passive, plus the cc it provides shouldn't be underestimated. (You'll notice I'm using thunderfury in weapon slot in cube and tae'guk instead of iceblink, that can come later once you're well geared.)

For your build you want to use evasive fire: focus, multishot: arsenal, companion: wolf, vault: trail of cinders(once you have cindercoat it becomes cheaper to use than the 3rd rune that reduces its cost by half ever other time before you have cindercoat you want to use that rune), preperation: invigoration (the +15 disc is important in the ue build), and your 6th skill can be mark for death: contagion until you get a calamity to cube. For passives you want cull the weak, steady aim, ambush, and ballistics.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I'm no where near that damage.

Are the UE set pieces craftable or drops? I'll have to check to see what I have in terms of what I can make. When you say upgrade rares, you mean the yellows, right?

Post your build when you get the chance, I'm tired of dealing poop damage. lol

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I'm giving you the short, short version, I'm sure there are some good write-ups out there.

The unhallowed essence pieces are drops, but can also be gotten from upgrading rares(yes any lvl 70 yellow item of the same type you want to make legendary/set) or from gambling. You should primarily get your set pieces from drops/gambling. You want to save your mats for upgrading things to upgrade bows.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They are random drops anywhere?

So basically

Farm bounties to get upgrade mats

get bows to upgrade

gather blood shards so I can gamble to get UE pieces as well

rinse repeat?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, I would focus on doing rifts first because there is an increased drop rate while inside rifts and for more blood shards for gambling. Once you get your UE6 and can start farming t7 you can do t7 bounties and get more mats than in lower torments. As far as cache cube/crafting materials go you get the same amount from t7 as you do t10, so t7, once you can farm it, is most efficient.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In your cube it will be best to start with calamity in your weapon slot if you can get one, you want cindercoat in your armor slot, and convention of elements in jewelry slot.

For your gems you definitely want bane of the trapped and zei's stone of vengeance the third is a little more flexible, but I'd recommend starting with iceblink. Iceblink makes your evasive fire proc slow so you get the bonus damage from bane of the trapped and Cull the Weak passive, plus the cc it provides shouldn't be underestimated. (You'll notice I'm using thunderfury in weapon slot in cube and tae'guk instead of iceblink, that can come later once you're well geared.)

For your build you want to use evasive fire: focus, multishot: arsenal, companion: wolf, vault: trail of cinders(once you have cindercoat it becomes cheaper to use than the 3rd rune that reduces its cost by half ever other time before you have cindercoat you want to use that rune), preperation: invigoration (the +15 disc is important in the ue build), and your 6th skill can be mark for death: contagion until you get a calamity to cube. For passives you want cull the weak, steady aim, ambush, and ballistics.
How do I get those? through drops?

Also am I building Nats before I try for UE? Am I getting UE through drops or upgrading items? I know I can craft Nats, I believe.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Everything is through drops, and upgrading, and gambling. Only restrictions are torment 1 or higher, as pretorment stuff doesn't drop sets iirc, and obviously max level. There's no loot that only drops in certain places, for the most part. There are some pony land specific legendaries for transmute and some shit like that but 99% of the items drop everywhere and from every possible source.

Just run rifts, a lot, and see what you get. Use the materials to upgrade bows(for yang's recurve) or 1h xbows(for calamity) to legendary, bloodshards to gamble for pieces of armor to find the sets and reroll set pieces you already have with the cube using the set recipe(not the reroll recipe, which gives you the same piece, just rerolled). A lot of it is just playing the game, doing rifts over and over. Once you have a bit of decent gear(like say 2pc nat or some shit), you can also start doing a few greater rifts to start getting legendary gems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ugh I keep getting the same damn helm over and over. lol
If you mean set helm, you can reroll it to another piece of the same set, so you can generally get a set done relatively quickly. But it's mostly you just keep playing and you'll soon have every set. As you get set pieces you can bump difficulty which will give you more drops to find the right stuff and so on.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They are random drops anywhere?

So basically

Farm bounties to get upgrade mats

get bows to upgrade

gather blood shards so I can gamble to get UE pieces as well

rinse repeat?
You're prolly gonna want to farm up a hellfire ammy for your build too.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I almost have a Hellfire Ammy

So I got a Nats helm, but the stats suck. I can use the cube to redo it all, right? Because it needs more than just 1 stat line redone on it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't bother rerolling an item until you have an ancient weapon. Rerolling weapons is just a ton more useful, and rerolling is expensive, so keep your shit for the weapon. It can't be that bad. Roll a socket on it, if it has dex or crit, it's good enough until later, you'll most likely find another anyway. Hell didn't you want to play UE? Why bother rerolling a nat helm if you don't plan on using Nat, just wear it like that, or if your rare is better, then don't until you can make use of set bonuses. Set bonuses trump stats on the items by a large amount.

I also wouldn't bother crafting an hellfire until you have an ancient weapon. I wouldn't bother farming them until you have literally every other slot with the right item(not necessarily ancient or perfect rolls, but 6pc+legendary that support your build+correct rings+ancient weapon, so you can do T10 ubers). Hellfire just eats into your other ressources and unless you're super lucky, you're not gonna get a good one right away anyway, you'll need to craft 15-20 of them to get a decent one, so crafting just one is a waste. Any random amulet, even the shitty set ones like traveller's pledge will do as long as it rolls good stats. A rare with socket/crit/critdmg/ele dmg(if using single ele/main stat will be WAY better than your average hellfire. Hellfire is something you do when you're at like GR50 and need to start really maximizing your potential, it's otherwise a huge waste of time considering how long it takes to farm them versus the boost in power from having a 5th passive.