Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Considering i havent played since s1, will i be missing out on anything by not partaking in it? I just cant get interested in lvling again but i wouldnt mind rummaging through set dungeons etc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, you can't get the stash tab unless you complete most of the season journey.

Leveling is so fast now, you'll probably spend more time trying to figure out if any items you have in your stash are actually useful (odds are they aren't) than you would just leveling up. And you won't have the free set to kickstart the process at 70 either.

I normally avoid seasonal play as it was a colossal waste of time the last couple seasons. This time around though, it's a no-brainer to do it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
If you have friends think about doing split bounties instead of rifts. It will give you a jump on the mats when you hit max and the exp per hour is only slightly lower.
I really can't agree with this idea, I've tried it, and it just doesn't stack up -- it's not just slower, it's quite a bit slower. The slower you level, the more time you spend before you start earning the decent rewards. Thus, with getting to max as fast as possible, at least you've got a chance of getting 70 gear, gems and DBs while you farm the materials you will require.

In this season, getting the gear to start doing T6 or better is going to be trivial the instant you hit 70, so all prep to that point is wasting time.

The material farming you will need to do is best done when you can steamroll the shit out of either T1 (6), or T10 (10) and steamroll means split farming with an under 10 second elite kill time. If you're looking for the legendaries from those caches it's best to do T6.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Depends i had every set for every character with best great rolls but idk what changes are retro and what arent. I just dont care about ladders, the thought of constantly redoing the same thing over again but a little different irks me. Not concerned with the stash tab but if the items are seasonal blocked anymore thats enough to fire it up and fiddle for a week or so.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Exclusive items are gone. For this season, at least. Do seasons if you like:

Cosmetic rewards(pets, portraits, and transmogs)
Starting over from scratch(can be refreshing to simplify playtime when your collection of items gets gigantic)
Putting a finite "end" to your play via the journey instead of just farming until you get bored
Leaderboards

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exclusive items are gone. For this season, at least. Do seasons if you like:

Cosmetic rewards(pets, portraits, and transmogs)
Starting over from scratch(can be refreshing to simplify playtime when your collection of items gets gigantic)
Putting a finite "end" to your play via the journey instead of just farming until you get bored
Leaderboards
Agreed, and add a stash tab to the rewards if you progress far enough.

Even as someone who will never poopsock or bot their way to leaderboard glory, the fresh start is nice for me. It gives me a chance to develop a class I've been ignoring or got stuck in a rut with gearing around a particular set.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So how do Seasons work when I started a character a while ago, just wrapped up the story and am level 43. Would I have to start over today?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how do Seasons work when I started a character a while ago, just wrapped up the story and am level 43. Would I have to start over today?
Do seasons apply to console? Serious question, I have no idea since I play PC.

Yes, you would have to start over. They are like ladders in D2. Everyone starts characters fresh for the season at a certain time, then it goes for 3-4 months.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
In group it takes like 2ish hours now and solo about 3hours. If you don't optimize and shit it might take a bit longer, but it's still pretty short nowadays, large change is the new console kill streak xp bonus shit that helps a ton, especially solo.
How exactly does the streak xp bonus work? I've seen it appear, but I never see it on rifts. Is it awarded instantly after the streak based on exp gained during the streak, or is it X amount of extra exp for X time after the streak?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Massacre Bonus is a One-Time EXP Bonus at the end of a Kill-Streak, it is not available in Rifts. The EXP you earn ranges from an additional 40% to an additional 300% of the *base* EXP you got from those kills, with the % increasing the higher your kill count is (capping at 300% bonus exp at 400+ kill streak). This means that increased difficulty level does not increase your massacre bonus. It also means that +% EXP and +EXP/Kill gear does not affect the Massacre Bonus. It is also not increased by group EXP Bonus, AND is calculated based on individual kills, so it's actually harder to keep rolling groups.

It's an incentive for solo-leveling on whatever the highest difficulty level where you still one-shot blender shit is.

rrr_img_122901.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Another benefit of seasons is it brings a lot of people out, so you can actually play with your buds. Seasons are great.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Unless i'm mistaken, getting set gear now should be easier.. you can get the 'gift' and whoever opens it, the set gear is for that class. So if i don't want to rebirth my monk, i can do a seasons character with crusader (since i've never played one) and when i get the gift, have my monk open it and get his set gear.
can you get multiple gifts though, meaning, can i run multiple chars through seasons and get multiple gifts for each class to get 2 or 3 different sets?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Will be trying HC tonight, seems about time to give it a go and achievement whore myself for alternate fun along the way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unless i'm mistaken, getting set gear now should be easier.. you can get the 'gift' and whoever opens it, the set gear is for that class. So if i don't want to rebirth my monk, i can do a seasons character with crusader (since i've never played one) and when i get the gift, have my monk open it and get his set gear.
can you get multiple gifts though, meaning, can i run multiple chars through seasons and get multiple gifts for each class to get 2 or 3 different sets?
Seasonal and non-seasonal characters do not share loot/stashes/gear/anything.
The sets you get from Haedrig's gift are static per class.
You can probably farm and gamble a full set faster than it takes to get a complete set from Haedrig's gifts.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
You are limited to one set of 3 gifts, which will yield 1 full 6-piece set (2 set pieces per gift, guaranteed to be 6 different pieces) if all are opened on the same character. If that makes sense.

And DW is right, the set you will receive is predetermined for each character class.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Seasonal and non-seasonal characters do not share loot/stashes/gear/anything.
The sets you get from Haedrig's gift are static per class.
You can probably farm and gamble a full set faster than it takes to get a complete set from Haedrig's gifts.
Interesting, the video from the login screen for the patch states that the one opening the gift gets the set for that specific class and it even warns to be careful to have the right class that you want to have the set for open the gift.

as for farming, i've never seen green drop, i can craft it, but farm it... never seen it.