Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm gonna keep my sets so I can do set dungeons quickly, but yeah the rest I just delete generally(other than materials and shit obviously since those stack). Plan is to d WD set dungeons when patch hits since I have all these sets, and maybe some crusader stuff, then DH/Wiz during season. I'll do Barb and Monk if I'm really bored. Barb especially I dislike the class so not looking forward to it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you get wings for doing set dungeons with non-seasonal characters?
The wings are part of a normal general achievement track, so they should work on both at the same time yeah. You get a bunch of banners for doing class specific set dungeons, and then once you've completed all of these you get wings, but it's not season specific, it's not in the seasonal achievements tab.

So in theory you could farm right now for sets to be ready for when the patch hits and get the wing on the first day(using the cube to roll the missing set pieces for the 4pc sets that are getting changed). Pretty sure every class can carry all their sets in their inventory, then generic jewelry and shit.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Normally old items do not get the same new stats that the new items get so I basically salvage everything from seasons that I am not wearing or actively switching on and off.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
No patch notice yet (as of lunch time). Odd.

I was hoping they would patch early in the 2 week window between seasons to work out any bugs prior to season start.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some of these set dungeons are annoyingly "difficult". Trying out the WW barb set dungeon and it actually punishes you for overgearing it:

Don't take physical damage(don't get hit)
Rend 10 enemies at once

Kill shit too fast and you won't be able to let them clump up to apply rend. Stand around too long, you'll get hit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Patch is live btw. No maintenance, they just patched randomly. On EU, it was even live before they updated the patcher. Like you could download it by connecting to the US, then bypass the launcher to connect to EU servers with the patch, weird shit.

Did my WD set dungeons, shit's pretty annoying. It's not at all challenging, just annoying as shit with the way the mechanics are designed. Not really looking forward to doing every class, but eh I'll find motivation later I'm sure.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Looking for some general knowledge please. Please note, i just play solo and don't really care about some leaderboard.

It's been a while since Diablo 3 for me, but i've gone and updated and finished Reaper just on Hard (which was surprisingly very very easy)

So, i've been reading all these patch notes and new things etc...

Season's Question:
I don't understand this whole "Seasons" thing. Seems that on the 15th you can 'rebirth' your char which will reset him to level 1, and mail you your gear.
1) What is the purpose of running the whole game over again like this?
2) if you do this, does changing the difficulty do anything useful?
3) Why mail you the gear, if you are planning this why not just drop your gear in the stash?

Green Gear:
green gear it seems (from memory) use to drop, however, now it seems like you have to craft it? I've run a few normal 'rifts' and gotten the patterns to craft green gear. Is this the only way to get green gear now?

Rifts:
So, normal rifts, click and play, easy there...
Rifts that take stones to open, i notice there are choices here for levels, how do you determine which to pick, i've never done one of these so unsure of the method to pick which to try.

Thanks for helping in explaining this stuff, seems like Diablo has gotten more indepth and it's really fun again
smile.png

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's been a while since Diablo 3 for me, but i've gone and updated and finished Reaper just on Hard (which was surprisingly very very easy)
In fairness, that is difficulty level 2 out of 14.

Season's Question:
I don't understand this whole "Seasons" thing. Seems that on the 15th you can 'rebirth' your char which will reset him to level 1, and mail you your gear.
1) What is the purpose of running the whole game over again like this?
2) if you do this, does changing the difficulty do anything useful?
3) Why mail you the gear, if you are planning this why not just drop your gear in the stash?
Seasons are like ladders from D2. Fresh start for everyone, limited time to get as far as possible. They usually run 3-4 months. You will up the difficulty as you progress in gear. They mail you your gear to clear the character and preserve it. You can drop it in your stash to avoid the mailing, if you have stash space (many regulars are short on it).

Green Gear:
green gear it seems (from memory) use to drop, however, now it seems like you have to craft it? I've run a few normal 'rifts' and gotten the patterns to craft green gear. Is this the only way to get green gear now?
It still drops. Some sets drop, some are crafted. Crafted is lower end "progression" gear (in general), dropped are end game, build changing sets (in general).

Rifts:
So, normal rifts, click and play, easy there...
Rifts that take stones to open, i notice there are choices here for levels, how do you determine which to pick, i've never done one of these so unsure of the method to pick which to try.
Greater rifts are used to obtain and level up legendary gems. The corresponding difficulty level is listed in parentheses next to the selection where applicable (clarification: GRift level 1 has Normal next to it, and is roughly equivalent to Normal difficulty). You get a legendary gem (if you don't have them all) for finishing a GRift and you get 3 chances to level up lego gems if you finish in the time limit. The D3 site should have more info on this if you'd like to read up in detail on the mechanics.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Set dungeons must be some kind of sick joke, right?

"Hey guys, here's a couple more stash tabs!" (assuming you do the seasonal busywork faggotry for the second one)

"Oh by the way, if you want to do all the set dungeons it's going to require 288 inventory slots to hold it all! Have fun with that!"ahuehuehuehuehuehue

P.S. The dragon wings are hideous. The glowy ones don't look too bad though.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't do PTR, so patch day was my first crack at set dungeons. I figured they would be like a GRift you had to run through with a certain set. Get T8-10 capable with it, run the dungeon, declare victory. I first tried the Helltooth dungeon. The goals are odd (hit a bunch of shit at once with Wall skill 4 times, never take poison dmg) and have little to do with teaching you to use the set. Now I'll have to tailor a build to make sure I don't accidentally take damage while dropping Wall on big chunks of trash. All of which explode in giant clouds of poison. Yay?

Not my favorite addition so far.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Way too many(as in, more than zero) set dungeons revolve around the "don't take x element damage" and "hit a bunch of shit with an ability". Which basically means use your class's clump and stun ability(if you're melee) or just your clump ability(if you're ranged). It's gimmicky as fuck and the only skill it tests is your ability to deduce how little thought went into designing set dungeons that actively work against the themes of the fucking sets.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What's a bad ass average 4 man clear to go for? Fishing aside of course. I saw 93 I think on PTR but I'm sure fishing for zombies was afoot there.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Way too many(as in, more than zero) set dungeons revolve around the "don't take x element damage" and "hit a bunch of shit with an ability". Which basically means use your class's clump and stun ability(if you're melee) or just your clump ability(if you're ranged). It's gimmicky as fuck and the only skill it tests is your ability to deduce how little thought went into designing set dungeons that actively work against the themes of the fucking sets.
Alternately it means you wear necklace X or use the cube of it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reddit post claims set dungeons don't actually require you to do them solo. Most sound pretty easy with a group of people with you who can all ignore the 'rules'. Could be a bug though, since it always sounded like they were supposed to be solo-only.

Is there any point to doing any of them if you aren't going to do them all? The whole thing just sounds utterly retarded.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My wizard went from capping out around t8 to crushing t10 and easily clearing up to grift 55+ just due to the talrasha set update, kind of insane. I tried out the talrasha dungeon, and after failing about 20 times from the absolutely retarded requirement of dont be hit by a worm that spawns under the ground and you can't see until you already fail, I gave up. Moved on to firebirds dungeon, which has a requirement to burn 20+ mobs at once, and even though I gathered packs of like 50+ mobs and killed em all with fire, the objective never updated, so it's either glitched or something, idk.

Overall, trying 2 set dungeons and hating them both, and realizing to even get any kind of reward from them at all I'd have to farm for and complete all 24 dungeons, I said fuck that feature and will gladly ignore it from here on out.

Still, I'm hyped to play season 5. Set dungeons aside, this patch seems really fun so far.