Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I did Thrill with LoN BS without the LoN. Gear requirements aren't that stringent at all. See other seasonal crusader in my sig, it's pretty much what he has on now. Think I had half the rift time left when I finished it, nowhere near a challenge.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Have any of you Wizards completed:The Thrill: Reach GR45 without any set item equippedLooked at some builds online and it seems like you need ancient versions of at least your weapon to even attempt to do it.
I did it using a fire build with disintegrate, etched sigil, and double unity. Setup was something like:

disintegrate (fire), energy twister (fire), teleport, magic weapon (force), familiar (fire), ice armor
cube: furnace, aquila cuirras, unity (also unity + cant die on follower)

weapon: deathwish
offhand: etched sigil
shoulder: mantle of channeling
chest: cindercoat
gloves: magefist
belt: hergbrash binding
bracer: ranslor folly
ring1: halo of arlyse
ring2: convention of elements
legs, boots, helm, neck: unrelated to build, whatever neat effects you have in the stash

With the above setup, it was super easy to clear with no sets.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any of you rolling with a LoN Thorns Crusader? Looking at things, most use Str gems/gear but with Heart of Iron boosting thorns via Vit I figured that'd be better for toughness/thorns damage.

Have a few slots left to finish ancients (trove belt, leorics helm) but rather fun build when things go well.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The bonus thorns / hp from 5 vit gems is outweighed by the damage from str gems pretty early on in the gearing process. There's some math somewhere on it but if your str is over like 7000 or something, str gems are better (may be higher threshold than that but that's not that much str nowadays either)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sometimes random is too random. I hate farming mats. I was running battlefields of eternity on normal level to get stuff for reusable parts off the weapn racks. I was trying to craft an anicent IK boulder smasher. Got an ancient IK boulder smasher off of one of the mobs that got caught in the AOE to open urns and shit lol.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished off a GR60. Thanks for posting your Invoker setup, DW. It pointed out a couple of tweaks I was missing.

So for the stash tab (the ONLY thing I give a shit about in achievements), I have 3 gems at 52 and 1 conquest left (Avarice is done). My LoN blessed shield setup is right on the border of GR60, so hopefully it works for 45 w/o the LoN.

DW, at what GR was your blessed shield setup WITH LoN before you did The Thrill? Also, for Thrill, is the rule no set PIECES, or no set BONUSES? I am unclear on that.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The bonus thorns / hp from 5 vit gems is outweighed by the damage from str gems pretty early on in the gearing process. There's some math somewhere on it but if your str is over like 7000 or something, str gems are better (may be higher threshold than that but that's not that much str nowadays either)
Yea, I saw that math too and then applied it to my character. At 700 paragon, vit is still outweighing str for thorns bonuses, but I'm not equipping vit gems for it.

I have a decent amount of thorns dmg and when my cooldowns are up, (Akarat's, Iron Skin) I'm hitting 900 mil toughness. Should break past 70 with that if I could stop rolling alts.

Finished UE on DH for farming purposes - it's funny to think that in seasons past I've gotten a billion dawns, and one calamity, and now this season I'll likely get 50 calamities before a single dawn. Such is the diablo grind.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
DW, at what GR was your blessed shield setup WITH LoN before you did The Thrill? Also, for Thrill, is the rule no set PIECES, or no set BONUSES? I am unclear on that.
Never really pushed with it because the build is too squishy for my tastes. Which is a shame because Blessed Shield is really fun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It should be the opposite. The more str you have the less each additional point is worth, so vit slowly closes the gap. That said, you could have perfect gear and 2000 paragon and vit would still never overtake str for Punish(6pc) dps.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
It should be the opposite. The more str you have the less each additional point is worth, so vit slowly closes the gap. That said, you could have perfect gear and 2000 paragon and vit would still never overtake str for Punish(6pc) dps.
Yeah, you're right, it's the reverse of what Amzin said. Str > Vit unless you're under like 50k thorns damage.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Never really pushed with it because the build is too squishy for my tastes. Which is a shame because Blessed Shield is really fun.
FWIW, it worked out first try with several non ancient pieces subbed in where I had been using ancient set pieces. You are right, the gear standard isn't that high.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did it using a fire build with disintegrate, etched sigil, and double unity. Setup was something like:

disintegrate (fire), energy twister (fire), teleport, magic weapon (force), familiar (fire), ice armor
cube: furnace, aquila cuirras, unity (also unity + cant die on follower)

weapon: deathwish
offhand: etched sigil
shoulder: mantle of channeling
chest: cindercoat
gloves: magefist
belt: hergbrash binding
bracer: ranslor folly
ring1: halo of arlyse
ring2: convention of elements
legs, boots, helm, neck: unrelated to build, whatever neat effects you have in the stash

With the above setup, it was super easy to clear with no sets.
Thanks all for your advice. I tried this sans Cindercoat (I sharded a few it like a dumbass earlier this season) and had mana issues obviously, but the damage was decent.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, you're right, it's the reverse of what Amzin said. Str > Vit unless you're under like 50k thorns damage.
You will have more than just from legendary gem and Invokers so I don't know when you would ever use Vit under that math either.

Edit: And topaz. Actually if you have under 50k thorns damage you aren't even using thorns at all
tongue.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thanks to everyone who ran me through a bunch of T10 Rifts and level 70 GR's and included me on a few goblin portal runs. I had a lot of fun...a definite upgrade to the solo'ing I'm always doing. Game is much more fun in a group for sure and it got me like 150 paragon levels!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to get the 3rd conquest without having to gear up another character? Season wearing on me already and I don't have it in me to gear up a wizard to do GR55 or all 4 set dungeons.