Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The free set really makes the game almost unfair. By the first Saturday all of my guild (except the guys playing Overwatch) were rolling in 6pc of their set. After that it is just doing stuff as a group as everyone can do T10 in their free 6pc. Farming with 4 people is far more effective then farming with 1 person. By the first Sunday we were doing GR60+ as a 4 man. Each Rift was giving 6ish paragons. The high Rifts give better gear, you get the group bonus on magic find, the higher rifts give more blood shards.
The free set speeds things up, but only by a few hours. When I started playing HC, it did not take me more than a few hours to get a six piece set (after hitting 70), and I had to do it solo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm depends on what you mean by "few" hours, takes quite a bit for 6pc set if you start from rares only since you farm slow as shit in low torment and get low amounts of blood shards. It's not very long, but still, I think it would probably add like 6-8hours or so. Thing is, it's a bit random at the same time, you always have the outliers that'll find 6pc in like an hour because their first 6 set drops are of the same set, meanwhile you have the unlucky bastards that'll take 20hours cause they get blackthorne out of the ass and shit and a quite evenly spread of each set so they can't cube the dupes to make one.

It certainly wouldn't make a big difference. The main "issue" here isn't the free set, it's the fact as soon as you get 6pc, they're so powerful you jump straight to T10 viable in groups, potentially higher. For solo I think 6pc isn't enough on its own for good clearspeed, you also need F&R, without it I feel it's not worth it over just doing T9, although it might depend on the set you're using I guess. Still, you jump really high right away, and adding even not very good rolled legendaries in other slots to complete your build, you're jumping to like 60-70 right away which is insane xp so you get insane paragons which further increase the speed at which you progress and so on. Obviously slows down after a while, but I think it's more the powercreep than the free set that make it so you reach that high that fast.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I rolled a Monk to start gearing when my buddies aren't around (I get home way before them). Doing solo self found I am like 6 hours in and have one 3pc set and 2 sets that are at 2pcs. I am paragon 689 or something so that even gave me a leg up. I also started the character with 1210 bloodshards and 40 GRift stones (and an ancient travelers pledge set). That free set can make a huge difference. Especially since the 4pc is essentially free and the 5th and 6th pcs are not exactly difficult. After 6 hours of self found I can do GR 34ish.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I spawned a few games looking for Cursed Peat in the zone, no luck. Went about other farming. Late in my session, I happened to get it as an objective in a new game. With a calmer fire rate and standing off to the side, 390+ kills & conquest done. I didn't really burst out fire until the event was ~85% complete, huge groups of mobs were spawning and I was at ~275 kills. My character is in the GR60 capability range, so not crazy powerful.

Hope that helps if anyone else is pursuing that conquest.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
So I have been randomly playing an exploding palm/seven sided strike monk when my buddies aren't around. This might be the most fun spec in the game and I am not even full 6pc yet. As long as they don't nerf it to shit I know what I am doing next season from the start. This is the most fun I have had in Diablo in ages.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uliana's is pretty great, yea. That and the generator builds for monks are my favorites out of all of Diablo, but I think they struggle a bit with higher GRs. They can both roflstomp TX all day long though.

I have both of the One-Punch-Monk 1Handers as ancient and I still feel a bit weaker than I should. I need to level up Zei's gem but other than that my gear is pretty damn solid considering I wasn't even trying to grind for it. It feels like all the monk builds this season really struggle without Unity + Follower which is unfortunate. My brother's WD is probably geared as good or better than I am but if we try and duo GRs it's worse than me trying to solo them.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck me, probably 20k blood shards, a bunch of rare upgrades, a couple of legendary rerolls, and hundreds of dead man's legacy later and still the very first one I got , which isn't even that good is still the best one.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck me, probably 20k blood shards, a bunch of rare upgrades, a couple of legendary rerolls, and hundreds of dead man's legacy later and still the very first one I got , which isn't even that good is still the best one.
Yeah, that's pretty unlucky. I'm still stuck with a mediocre non-ancient Yang's despite numerous rare upgrades. I don't even think they've yielded a second Yang's so far...

But lots and lots of Odyssey's Ends. Yay!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I have been randomly playing an exploding palm/seven sided strike monk when my buddies aren't around. This might be the most fun spec in the game and I am not even full 6pc yet. As long as they don't nerf it to shit I know what I am doing next season from the start. This is the most fun I have had in Diablo in ages.
I tried that spec, as soon after getting One Punch Monk, I completed the pieces for that build as well. I just wasn't feeling it. Was squishy as fuck, which could just be the terrible gear, but it wasn't nearly as fast for me as One Punch Monk. I literally went from struggling in TX to clearing it in minutes when I switched from Inna's to OPM, and it wasn't nearly the same power leap over Inna's when trying the EP build.
frown.png
Might have to go re-visit it again to see if had something wrong.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Uliana's uses Goldwrap and that ring that expands your PUR when you pickup gold. You literally can't die while speed clearing TX.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The "God Monk" Dash build uses Ring of Avarice and Goldwrap as well. I had all the gear and tried it, but it sucked dick getting it all set up. I just use SWK bells build with ingeom for infini-dash and that lets me clear t10 in less than 2 minutes pretty easily. I can clear 65 GR's in about 5 minutes as well.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jay Wilson leaving blizzard. This can only mean positive things for Diablo 4.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jay Wilson leaving blizzard. This can only mean positive things for Diablo 4.
Kotaku

Lulz, he left to be a writer. Must have made some bank destroying the diablo franchise to quit a (what I assume to be) pretty easy gig.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well even if he was still there I doubt he'd work on D4 anyway, his name is tainted for the Diablo franchise for sure. I think if they used the current Diablo guys they'd probably make a pretty good game. I kinda wish they had more depth to builds and characters and shit like that, as stuff is relatively cookie cutter in the current game. Such as Sets > everything besides a few specific builds with LoN but since they forgot to buff LoN and buffed almost every set this patch that's also kinda obsolete, and once you have 6pc of a set, plus the 2-3pieces that make the set actually viable designed entirely to work with the set, that leaves you with very few choices, and mostly illusion of choice when some of the "choices" like F&R or Traveller are so stupidly strong. So classes have like 4-5builds each or so, but not really ways to deviate from these or customize them very much, which is a bit boring. Which isn't bad, considering the amount of classes, it just doesn't open much room for discovery when everything is dictated by the presence of sets.

Also stems heavily from runes not being equal at all, so if set a buff skill x, you'll probably always pick rune y on skill x because it's the best rune, and you'll build the rest of your stuff to match rune y element, forcing you into specific runes for everything else too, to an extent. There's some skills that see interesting choices like Multishot with cold versus fire, but so many skills are just 1 viable rune and then maybe one support one and one leveling one, but mostly a lot of useless ones like increased slows and chance to stun and shit which with the way CC is treated are close to useless.

Anyway still, game would be a ton more fun than D3 at release for sure. Although I think I'd still rather get an expansion than a new Diablo. If they make a new game they'd have to restart from nothing, which means it'd be lacking a bunch of features. I'd rather new features be added to current feature rich D3. Any news at all would be good though, fucking Blizzard.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fsck that loser. And fsck Blizz for even thinking I'm gonna pay them another 40 euro (don't care how much it costs now, I'm not paying, and that money went to POE and MH anyway) for (partially) un-fscking D3.
They couldn't even give us roam-free mode instead of that quest-mode abomination. And kept destroying drop rates in base D3 with all the x-pak tweaks. E.g. lego drop rates increased in rifts but reduced elsewhere, base D3 fscked right in the ass with ~halved drop rates.