Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
New WW set is kinda doa. There's too many conflicts in gear that should naturally go with a WW-centric build. Since WW spends a little bit of fury often, it's perfect for proccing the upgraded Zodiac ring. The WW set has no survivability bonuses, so you're going to need to get that elsewhere. All-rune WoTB pants is a good option, but now that conflicts with 6 piece WW set because you don't have a RoRG(the other ring slot is taken by the more than double damage WW ring).

Just a poorly designed set. 5-6 pieces of a gear for a poor man's toxin gem and 5x WW damage isn't worth it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How the fuck do Crusaders survive on T6+? I've got 8.7mill toughness, 84.81% armor damage reduction, 19% block, lowest resist is 66.20% (rest between 70 and 71%), 407k life, 13k LPS, 26k LPK, 109k globe heal bonus. I'm running Condemn build (Heavenfaced - Community - Diablo III) and can do T5 without much issue (gotta watch for certain shit like Arcane Sentries) but T6 blows me right the fuck up. Something I'm missing?

I also feel like I do horseshit for damage but that just might be from being used to a DH pre-2.1.2, when I last played.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you die when Akarat's is down? You're noticeably short of 56% CDR. You're also not running the prophet rune. 150% armor is a ton of mitigation.

Another problem might be that your sustain is delayed. Dismount into an elite pack, hit condemn and start slashing a couple mobs. All you're going to get is the ~3% life per slash until your chain of vacuum condemns start going off.

I don't know how vacuum got so popular. It makes sense for group play, but solo, why not use unleashed? Better proc coefficient and you waste less wrath.

Replace Long Arm of the Law with Wrathful and Laws of Valor with Shield Glare. Shield Glare is crucial for dismounting directly into big packs. Wrath is not a problem except on RG. But condemn sucks there anyway.

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
How the fuck do Crusaders survive on T6+? I've got 8.7mill toughness, 84.81% armor damage reduction, 19% block, lowest resist is 66.20% (rest between 70 and 71%), 407k life, 13k LPS, 26k LPK, 109k globe heal bonus. I'm running Condemn build (Heavenfaced - Community - Diablo III) and can do T5 without much issue (gotta watch for certain shit like Arcane Sentries) but T6 blows me right the fuck up. Something I'm missing?

I also feel like I do horseshit for damage but that just might be from being used to a DH pre-2.1.2, when I last played.
I'd suggest switching out steed charge for Iron Skin flash, you get a speed boost, damage mitigation, and can run through mobs and wallers, it is amazing. The indestructible passive is great to have also if you don't have permanent Akarat's yet.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Do you die when Akarat's is down? You're noticeably short of 56% CDR. You're also not running the prophet rune. 150% armor is a ton of mitigation.

Another problem might be that your sustain is delayed. Dismount into an elite pack, hit condemn and start slashing a couple mobs. All you're going to get is the ~3% life per slash until your chain of vacuum condemns start going off.

I don't know how vacuum got so popular. It makes sense for group play, but solo, why not use unleashed? Better proc coefficient and you waste less wrath.

Replace Long Arm of the Law with Wrathful and Laws of Valor with Shield Glare. Shield Glare is crucial for dismounting directly into big packs. Wrath is not a problem except on RG. But condemn sucks there anyway.
I've got 53.xx% CDR; Akkarat's is only ever down for a second or so. I die with it on. I've been using the Wrath regen rune because it seems like I have to keep Akkarat's and Law of Valor - Unstoppable Force up to keep condemn spamming (with an occasional provoke to generate wrath when cooldowns don't line up right). I use Vacuum mostly because it's easy. Pull everything right into a tight little group and makes you not have to run around so much...

I'll try your suggestions next time I play.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I can't figure anything besides the game is just a turd. I've been on an ssd since forever, can play Metro: Last Light at 1440p, Farcry4 at 1440p etc, but D3 just chugs the second i join a party. It's annoying as shit.
Yea it doesn't have anything to do with cpu/gpu power. I have like a 780 and everything maxed out and I drop below 60fps like once a week if that. It's one of the many fine ways the game reacts to netcode problems.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm

You may also switch to using Laws of Justice (immovable object rune). That was a game changer for me in season 1 when I did it, and my life for that toon is only listed at 287k life.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if there are some theorycraft opportunities with the new Broken Promises ring

http://i.imgur.com/enCg9kR.png

So after 5 non-crits you are guaranteed to land a critical strike. So at worse 1/6 will crit or 16% CC. Obviously the amount of CC it adds scales down as you add more CC. But right now it can effectively make up a ton of CC which is generally not available on a ring. So could you possibly drop CC on other slots (helm, bracers) in favor of maximizing the effective CC of this ring with skils that hit fast? Not sure.

Also new Skull Grasp in combination with the new Rend/WW set

Imgur

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've got 53.xx% CDR; Akkarat's is only ever down for a second or so. I die with it on. I've been using the Wrath regen rune because it seems like I have to keep Akkarat's and Law of Valor - Unstoppable Force up to keep condemn spamming (with an occasional provoke to generate wrath when cooldowns don't line up right). I use Vacuum mostly because it's easy. Pull everything right into a tight little group and makes you not have to run around so much...

I don't understand the wrath problems(except on RGs). The changes I suggested are basically the build I run. Do you kill trash? I'm guessing elite packs drop more globes and I steed charge in between packs as much as possible.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if there are some theorycraft opportunities with the new Broken Promises ring

http://i.imgur.com/enCg9kR.png

So after 5 non-crits you are guaranteed to land a critical strike. So at worse 1/6 will crit or 16% CC. Obviously the amount of CC it adds scales down as you add more CC. But right now it can effectively make up a ton of CC which is generally not available on a ring. So could you possibly drop CC on other slots (helm, bracers) in favor of maximizing the effective CC of this ring with skils that hit fast? Not sure.

Also new Skull Grasp in combination with the new Rend/WW set

Imgur
Let's say your CC% is kinda low, 30%. The chance for you to not crit 5 times in a row is (1 - .3) ^ 5, which is 16.8%. I'm not sure where to take that number next. Attack speed is factored in there and obviously it can't proc itself while active and I don't know how to model that.

(100% - CC%) ^ 5 * (100% - CC%) / (5/APS + 3) = averaged CC% gained???

Chance for buff to happen * Amount of CC% gained / time it takes to proc the buff and buff duration?

But, I'm not sure that matters. If you're using the WW set, you're obviously going to use the WW ring. Which leaves this ring, SoJ, RoRG, Unity, and Zodiac all in competition for the other slot. And think the latter 4 all beat out this one. Zodiac I think makes the most sense because of how much usage WW will get out of it. But at that point, you're probably too glassy. WW set has too many conflicts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You really just need a Blade of Prophecy. Without it your damage is nowhere near what it needs to be to kill things before they kill you. With a BoP I kill most everything in T6 before it can even really touch me. The only thing I really agree with from Deathwing's suggestions is that Prophet is the rune to use.

I would:
1. Get a BoP. It is non-negotiable and you're not really playing a Condemn build without it. Non-ancient BoP >>>>>>>>>>>>> ancient Warmonger.
2. Switch out Reaper's Wraps for 20% holy Strongarm Bracers. This is why Vacuum is so popular. Not only is Vacuum more wrath-efficient because you bring everything to you, it also does ~25% more damage to all the trash because of Strongarms.
3. Drop Steed Charge for Iron Skin/Flash like Zugarific said.
4. If you still die, drop Holy Cause for Indestructible. Better yet, get a Hellfire Amulet with one of the top 5 passives on it so that you don't have to sacrifice anything.
5. Wreath of Lightning scales poorly, drop it for Taeguk (there's a learning curve here for keeping the stacks rolling, but once you get the hang of it it's excellent for both offense and defense) or one of the new survivability gems in S2.
6. Long term, get CDR on your ring/amulet/BoP and drop Leoric's Crown for Akarat's. Then drop RoRG so you can use a SoJ/Unity combo. Without Unity it's unlikely you'll get past mid-30's GRs. Also when you run out of other things to gamble, try to get new shoulders that have both CDR and Condemn damage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll admit I haven't tried most of those changes, but they might work. Dropping steed charge is painful, skipping trash and speeding up runs just seems too beneficial. The only thing that seems like it wouldn't work is dropping reaper wraps. I don't know how you don't have wrath problems then. Or are you saying keep the wrath cost reduction law and its passive?

Would this build be more suited for grift progression?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's say your CC% is kinda low, 30%. The chance for you to not crit 5 times in a row is (1 - .3) ^ 5, which is 16.8%. I'm not sure where to take that number next. Attack speed is factored in there and obviously it can't proc itself while active and I don't know how to model that.

(100% - CC%) ^ 5 * (100% - CC%) / (5/APS + 3) = averaged CC% gained???

Chance for buff to happen * Amount of CC% gained / time it takes to proc the buff and buff duration?

But, I'm not sure that matters. If you're using the WW set, you're obviously going to use the WW ring. Which leaves this ring, SoJ, RoRG, Unity, and Zodiac all in competition for the other slot. And think the latter 4 all beat out this one. Zodiac I think makes the most sense because of how much usage WW will get out of it. But at that point, you're probably too glassy. WW set has too many conflicts.
haha I was running into that same problem trying to figure out the effective crit chance. The odds of it proc'ing are easy, but that is just part of it.

But, let's say for easiness that with a 30% CC it works out to 8% CC from that ring. You'd need 8% of your CHD to be greater than the advantage you're getting from a different ring. Which at 300% CHD = 24% effective damage boost... I dunno. Doesn't seem competitive to me.

Of course Diablo 3 abuses number crunching like no game I've seen so I'm probably over simplifying how CHD even works.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
As mentioned earlier item inflation will break this game, the writing is on the wall and most are completely ignoring this obvious and major issue for the future. Be excited all you want for the next patch but you'll never get the items you want without hundreds of hours of playing, each item that is added to the loot pool without the older shit being taken out the game heads down the road of being a total shit grind. It's a fundamental design flaw of random loot. Should be entertaining watching people post in a few months about how much BS it is that the items they need won't drop. They should stick to redesigning suits that are under used and stop with the new items. Most rares items people want take on average 20,000+ blood shards a piece from Kadala, each new item starts exponentially increasing that number.

Tenks

But that is under the assumption that they continue with this "one true path" way of managing items. Which they haven't fully gotten away from in 2.2, either. But as it stands the issue is there are shit items then there are great items. And there is virtually no exception to the items you can and cannot use to push grifts. I'd prefer they add items which make the options more expanded for build and play style possibilities. What if when a pair of set pants drop and they're NOT Marauder's that isn't the worst thing in the world? Because there is a tandem set that has a different play style and can also compete at the highest level of progression? Sure you may favor Sentry style but your drops and RNG will ultimately dictate if you're going Rain instead.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Would this build be more suited for grift progression?
Yeah, some of that was stuff to fix to get through T6 (like getting a BoP) but most was about progressing into the GR30's.

For T6, which still seems to have lower mob density, you could probably get away with using Steed Charge, Reaper's Wraps, and you definitely shouldn't need Indestructible on top of Prophet. Don't need to mess with Taeguk either (I just use Hoarder).

Tenks

It'll still be fun to blast through T6 doing a WW build. Personally I find grift progression extremely tedious and anti-fun. Getting instagibbed left and right isn't exciting. Which is why I wish they'd add T7-10. Eventually T6 just becomes normal mode with too much gear but I still like doing normal rifts.