Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I just farmed Shards on my geared DH. I could get 500 in maybe 30-40 minutes. Pop over to my Barb to spend them and repeat. Not sure if it was efficient but leeching on public games doesn't appeal to me.
I can do T6 in 5 minutes or so on my Monk, but trying this strategy to gear my Barb made me start to fucking lose my mind. Kadala is a stingy cunt to me.

Personally, I like to leech T6s on my Barb. You'll actually get 1 or 2 useful drops every few runs that are actually useful. Most people don't mind, usually there's an uber geared Monk or DH that you follow around. win/win.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What makes F&R so good?
New set bonus in 2.2 is "All of your damage is increased by up to 150% based on how much primary resource you have." WW and pet builds stay full on fury pretty much all the time.

Broken Promise might be better for WW if you can manage to get a full set of gear with no crit anywhere (and the ring somehow makes it live without getting the nerf it deserves), but the other ring slot still isn't really open. I'm still hoping the 7th piece of IK is shoulders. That way you can even use the set weapon if you have a good ancient one, and drop the IK gloves for T&T.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Having everything fit into a nice and neat little template isn't fun. I would prefer to make gearing decisions not "I have to have XYZ."

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
New set bonus in 2.2 is "All of your damage is increased by up to 150% based on how much primary resource you have." WW and pet builds stay full on fury pretty much all the time.

Broken Promise might be better for WW if you can manage to get a full set of gear with no crit anywhere (and the ring somehow makes it live without getting the nerf it deserves), but the other ring slot still isn't really open. I'm still hoping the 7th piece of IK is shoulders. That way you can even still use the set weapon if you have a good ancient one, and drop the IK gloves for T&T.
Then I'm happy I got one of them already!

Tenks

I don't know/think they're retroactive. I'd imagine you need to find the 2.2 version of the item.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I guess I should stop sharding all my focus and restraint rings but at the same time. It wont matter much since we will be hunting them again in season 3. One thing that seems to be getting out of hand is the scaling in this game. I see posts from guys all jacked up and excited about using Tal Rasha and pulling off 5 billion damage meteors and shit which is cool, but the inflation in this game is beyond retarded.

I am curious how stupid shit will get if they ever make another expansion. 1 Trillion damage attacks?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The numbers are already big enough and frequent enough as to be nearly useless visually, I'm not sure amping them up even more will have much of an impact on comprehension~

Every time I think about playing now, I just think about playing on the PTR because there's no point to playing on live it feels like. The rain of legendaries on PTR still not actually getting you what you want very fast on one character really makes the live drop rates look that much worse. It also makes Kadala even more hilariously pointless as you get 2-3 inventories full of legendaries for every 100-150 bloodshards you earn, and her payoff rate is still the same on test.

Tenks

Yeah announcing 2.2 right after S2 started was strange. It pretty much crushed my desire to play. I'll just wait for the patch.

Vorph

Yeah, it's kind of funny/annoying how WoW went full retard and released BRF before 6.1, and then the D3 team did the same thing by announcing that 2.2 would be released in the middle of season 2 as well.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah the patch timing on this was stupid as fuck. Honestly I am sure most would of rather they delayed the season 2 start and push 2.2 prior. Plus it still feels like these guys don't even play their own game. If they did they would remove the shitty trial system. Also they would like again at most legendaries and skills them make at least 1/2 of them usable.

Fact is we will have and will still have 99.9% of players hunting for the same few pieces of play after 2.2. Yes the focus and restraint items are nice, and updating some sets are nice but jacking up the player power with these items 100-200% at the same time seems retarded.

Tenks

Agree with Booze. This game probably needs another expansion and overhaul. They made fantastic strides with RoS but they were left with such a wasteland of shit that was the vanilla game that they couldn't get everything done in a single expansion to unfuck it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Set bonuses are retroactive. Legendary text changes are not.
Just to point out an exception: Laws of Seph have been retroactively nerfed to about half the live bonus.

Also, F+R is quite powerful because the buff is multiplicative with everything, not lumped into the DIBS category. As Tenks said, I'd prefer gearing choices too. Which, if Zodiac, Broken Promises, and F+R all go live in their current form, we might actually have. 2.5x damage may sound like a lot, but considering you have to give up 2x mitigation, RoRG/SoJ, and play a build that has near max resources at all times, maybe it's balanced.

Shoulders for IK does indeed fit a nice template, but it's really the only slot that makes any sense. Well, maybe bracers too. Pants would be retarded. And jewelry would have even more opportunity cost than that dumb boulder breaker has.

Tenks

The game will still probably revolve around full out damage builds (probably by ranged) and hoping you keep hitting the jackpot of easy rifts with dense, kite-able mobs. At least for GR leaderboard.

Vorph

I don't really have a big problem with the idea of the boulder breaker, it's just a generic weapon that lacks an elemental or elite bonus and you can make up the difference with the 6pc bonus or with other slots that are freed up. What I have a problem with is the way that failing to roll 'ancient' is even worse than failing to roll a socket used to be. Main reason I stick with DH really, since you at least have control over your weapon rolling ancient when you craft; and even that was a nightmare when I had to make about 80 Arcane Barbs just to get one that was around the 75th percentile and just barely good enough to say fuck it and use a gift.

I already know right now that when I quit D3 again it will be because of getting my 20th ancient Sultan, Bovine Bardiche, or some other piece of garbage, while still never seeing an ancient Furnace or any other top-tier weapon that's actually sought after. (I've never even seen a NON-ancient Furnace, ffs.) Even DH isn't really 'safe' in 2.2 since the top build requires an ancient Kridershot, and good-fucking-luck with that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah the ancient system was just as shitty as I expected it to be another RNG on top of RNG at least for the weapon slots. For all other slots they are just nice to haves but for weapons it is 100% needed. There is a reason so many DH are using Arcane Barb and so many Wiz are using Devastators since crafting at least gives you a solid chance at them, but it is really a kick in the nuts when you find a Kridershot or Furnace, or Torch and they aren't ancient.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Boulder breaker sucks because weapons slots should be for weapons like SoH, Thunderfury, or Odyn Son. Cool procs that might change how your build plays.

Tenks

They shouldn't have extended ancient to weapons, IMO. And if they did make sure it didn't effect the DPS just how high the stats could roll.