Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Needless

Toe Sucker
i need a character specific to farming deaths breaths using sages lol :\ sucks farming that shit so slowly

khorum

Murder Apologist
I made a DB-whore farming setup with my WD. I got sages on, topaz in the helm slot (I doubt magic find bumps it since it looks fixed around 2 DB's per elite at t10, but i cubed the broken helm for extra gem drops anyway) and nemesis bracers for extra elite packs off shrines. Unless I get lucky with goblins, it seems to top out around 30-40 DBs per T10 rift for me. Curious what everyone else's DB farming works out to.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For barb at least, I'm not sure wearing sages is worth the farming speed decrease. It doesn't work at all with wastes. Using it with ik or raekors will at the very least compromise single target damage and possible move speed.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Playing a monk for s4 and really enjoying it so far, just about to hit 70 though so I'm not in deep. Only complaint is that all the best weapons I seem to find are 2h'ers, while I find the faster duel wield playstyle a lot more fun.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I had the exact same problem. I'm something like 150 paragon in and still using a 2 hander. Once you complete the Uliana's wielding a 2 hander doesn't feel bad at all though.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i feel the last update could have been sold as a DLC, it would be decent value at 15$ or so

really did a lot for the game

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I made a DB-whore farming setup with my WD. I got sages on, topaz in the helm slot (I doubt magic find bumps it since it looks fixed around 2 DB's per elite at t10, but i cubed the broken helm for extra gem drops anyway) and nemesis bracers for extra elite packs off shrines. Unless I get lucky with goblins, it seems to top out around 30-40 DBs per T10 rift for me. Curious what everyone else's DB farming works out to.
You farming fast with that set in T10? Cause Sage means no 6pc helltooth or arachyr and for 6pc Zuni you need to make a lot of sacrifices. I had a setup that used only 2pc helltooth, but it was only clearing T8 at a decent speed, and tbh speedclearing T10 in full gear was more or less the same, plus it was more xp and more legendaries.

I think sage's nice early on when you're not very well geared to farm T7/8 on, but once you can farm T10 quick it becomes a bit redundant, unless you can also farm T10 with it, which seems hard due to the shitty slots.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I actually got another seekers last night so I have 3 and now 4 pc bonus. Now I have lightning wreath, poison legendary gem and pain extractor. With the bracers that the me life leech to all surrounding mobs I'm unkillable.

I can finally farm t3 with ease but t6 is still too slow and too hard.

Only problem? I can't single target dps for shit. I need mobs to hit to refund my provoke cooldown. Boss and goblin fights are pathetic.

Might try that shieldbash build again since I've gotten cinderwhatever for fire skills.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I got my 4 piece with a natural drop for chest. I can clear t6 with ease now, and I can farm gr29 with ease, so I am farming rift/grift right now until I get my gems up to 18, then I will push to 35 so I can get them to 25 for bonuses. Ease for self plevelling, then gizzard/stricken/maybe EA. Burning blood shards for pants/boots/belt so I can move up to t8. Been thinking of maybe doing a frankenset for 2zuni 2arach 2hell just for fun. Could probably work Sage's into that for DB farming.

When should I be able to solo the bosses for hellfire amulets? Just curious. Never tried them before.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The bosses are more or less the same as the act bosses(just 2 at a time, but if you have pets which WD more or less always do, one of them will focus the pets so you can easily kill them 1 by 1), but you really want to do them on a high torment so you get 2 guaranteed drops, so 7 at least, with 10 offering a solid chance of getting 3 organs per boss. I'd wait until later, any rare amulet with a socket and 100%crit dmg is good enough until T10 anyway.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know (or have a link to) what exactly area damage does and does not work with currently? People say it's broken, and Blizzard has acknowledged it while also saying they aren't doing shit about it until 2.4, but at the same time some builds still target it as a highly desirable stat. (Quin's generator build, for example, and that's what I'm using since I don't give a fuck about seasons.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know (or have a link to) what exactly area damage does and does not work with currently? People say it's broken, and Blizzard has acknowledged it while also saying they aren't doing shit about it until 2.4, but at the same time some builds still target it as a highly desirable stat. (Quin's generator build, for example, and that's what I'm using since I don't give a fuck about seasons.)
I think it doesn't work with only very few specific stuff, namely at least the HotA bracers(or seismic slam bracers I don't play barb, it's one of the 2) where your area damage isn't based on the increased damage but on the base damage. I think there's something similar with monks and like inna or whatever but in general, it works fine. It used to be more broken but they fixed a bunch of the issues with 2.3.

If you're using a quin's build, then it probably works with everything in the build otherwise he wouldn't be recommending it, since he seems fairly on top of these sort of things.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
game is awesome now, coming from someone who played ROS for a month before quitting, ive been addicted again, lots to do.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing this game up to p400 is fun, but around that point you start seeing the limitations in your class if you're not the uber runners of the season.

But then you start a second class and realize you share the same tiny ass stash and it's like.. fuck you Blizzard.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cube was a nice idea, but the DB grind is fucking horrific. Regular mats aren't much better either, I rather liked never looting anything but legendaries.

And yeah, the lack of stash space is even more retarded than ever. I'm constantly out even using mules and having been a dumbass at the start of S3. All my S2 shit rotted in the mail, not that I'd have any place to store it anyway. Still really sucks that at least a half dozen things I'm spending shards/cubing for right now were in my S2 monk's stash though.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ArmorMule & WeaponMule, but you're right. We shouldn't have to worry about stash space at this point. It's silly how small it is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah stash is definitely pretty bad, even after I was done cubing all my shit for the journey, I still had pretty much 4 full stash, and I was only playing one class. I mean sure I didn't need everything, but I wanted to keep all the WD sets, the jewelries I didn't cube yet, some legendaries/set for other classes I found, some items to reroll and obviously all the mats, gems, legendary gems and other various stuff. Playing multiple classes sucks if you play a bunch cause the more you play, the more you'll want to keep a lot of stuff for the classes.

I don't think the DB grind is horrific. It's additional loot for basically free. The rate of legendaries is good enough even without the cube with gambling and drops, but now you also get to target specific item types, which is super strong, so it makes sense it's limited, and it's really not that limited. Early on it is, but eventually it's like you get so much shit. In T10 you get like 20-30DB in a normal rift and you can clear them in 5mins easily, that's without sage, it goes really fast. With sage you can farm like 500 an hour or something, which is 20 legendaries, which isn't that much in general but the fact they're targetted legendaries and not 1/350 to get the right item is a huge deal. You gear up so fast now because of it, any more and people will basically be done in 2-3days with only ancients/better rolls as options to improve their gear.

I do see your point about not looting shit though, even if personally I don't care and always looted everything anyway. Worst case you just farm a bunch of whites and convert them, arguably faster if you don't mind farming whites for an hour or some shit to get a bunch of mats at once.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should just make the pets you can have now, loot certain things(crafting mats, gems, progress globes etc).