Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Recent changes worth booting this up again? I haven't played in nearly a year.
definitely. I hadn't played since Season 2 and I'm having wayyyy more fun than back then.

I do wish they'd take a note from Marvel Heroes on some things. I'd pay a small amount for extra stash tabs (and they could finally monetize this game!) and I'd love a "Vacuum" option where I can press one key and loot everything within a certain rarity threshold/item type in the area.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There any deals for this? Not really my genre of game but a few friends are playing and telling me the new stuff makes the game great. Just not sure I want to full price it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You can play for free up to a certain level or something. I'd say that's enough to get a feel for the game but it really isn't tbh since much of the playstyles and systems are built into end-game gear sets.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I will mirror the whole stash space thing. Hell if they would at least allow all materials to go into a separate section that would be great in itself. Between all the crafting garbage, infernal machines, organs, the leveled gems, the jewels, the new act crafting mats, deathsbreaths, and forgotten souls, ramalamdingdongs, you lose one whole tab to that bullshit alone.

Really to fix 90%+ of it they should just add a couple of non shared tabs to each character you make to store their different class sets and different elemental gear. It is fine when you only play 1 class but the moment you venture out into other classes you run out quickly. Of course they could just change Int, Dex, Str, and merge them into +gooder, or mainstat, since that might as well be what they say then you wouldn't need 3 pieces of the same gear.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What have people been doing with their bloodstones, once they "finish" their gear? I have all the pieces of gear that I need (except ancient/better versions of things), so I've been tossing my bloodstones at 1H weapons, hoping for an ancient. However, it seems like this is probably a waste, since monks can use more 1Hers than fist weapons, and at 75 stones a pop, it feels like I'd have to get stupid lucky to get an ancient Lion's Claw/Az to come up.

When you use the "set conversion" recipe, does the conversion have a chance to be ancient? I might gamble for more Uliana's and convert the lesser pieces, assuming they can come up ancient.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was just dumping them on armor to get ancient versions of the sets. I think I got one piece in like 30k bloodshards or something. Definitely not efficient, but there's not much else to do anyway, and it's more efficient than gambling weapons for an ancient since the cost on weapons is so bad. For an ancient weapon, you're better off using the cube, dumping DBs into the rare upgrade and forgotten souls into the reroll(assuming you have a 2nd one you can reroll easily), and you eventually get it.

And set conversions specifically mention you cannot get ancient on the recipe.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What have people been doing with their bloodstones, once they "finish" their gear? I have all the pieces of gear that I need (except ancient/better versions of things), so I've been tossing my bloodstones at 1H weapons, hoping for an ancient. However, it seems like this is probably a waste, since monks can use more 1Hers than fist weapons, and at 75 stones a pop, it feels like I'd have to get stupid lucky to get an ancient Lion's Claw/Az to come up.

When you use the "set conversion" recipe, does the conversion have a chance to be ancient? I might gamble for more Uliana's and convert the lesser pieces, assuming they can come up ancient.
The set conversion cannot iirc. It states so right on the recipe. Reforging iirc can.

As far as bloodshards , head atm for Manastone, but once that's done probably rings to get better F/R rolls and then armor for ancients/better 2ndary rolls. Weapon wise I just loot/craft rare fist weapons and upgrade, seems a better chance at good rolls.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I just use my bloodshards to try and get ancient set pieces now. Better to try and upgrade a rare fist weapon to get an ancient one, that's how I got my ancient lion's claw.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Whoa, I didn't even know they added higher torment levels. Hesitant about starting a seasonal character too, kinda want to play my older ones.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
definitely. I hadn't played since Season 2 and I'm having wayyyy more fun than back then.

I do wish they'd take a note from Marvel Heroes on some things. I'd pay a small amount for extra stash tabs (and they could finally monetize this game!) and I'd love a "Vacuum" option where I can press one key and loot everything within a certain rarity threshold/item type in the area.
This x 100. After playing marvel heroes and having the option filter out certain types of loot is amazing. Shit that you don't need will sell automatically for credits. Hit the "J" key and like Brikker said it vacuums all the surrounding loot. I wish the Kanye cube would automatically use mats from your stash. Seems like Blizzards always seems to overlook simple shit like that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think the idea with the cube was to make it like a cube, not like another crafting window where you select your recipe and hit transmute to get it done, which is why it doesn't pull stuff from your stash. It kinda makes sense, and I haven't found it too annoying other than the fact the item you create stays in the fucking cube instead of being removed once you add more stuff, it adds unnnecessary clicking. I guess it wouldn't have hurt if the cube was a window on its own that replaces your inventory window instead of a physical object either, so you could just drag shit from the stash straight into the cube and don't have to move back and forth. But then you wouldn't have Kulle commenting on everything.

Picking up stuff automatically would be great though, but they have those stupid as shit reasons on why they don't do it, even though they themselves know it's a huge waste of time which is why GRifts don't drop loot so you don't waste time until the end.

But overall even though the whole part about inventory and picking up shit is pretty bad, the game still plays better than pretty much all the competition, it's just fun to play, the abilities are nice and feel good to use.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The biggest QOL they could do for this game are:

1. Microtransactions for more stash space
2. Auto pick up of all materials by running over them like gold.
3. A separate interface for all materials, rather than inventory room.
4. Right click and "use" a potion to have it disappear, but then be selectable via your potion window.
5. Bigger Mouse Cursor/Mouse Halo instead of the little 32x32 sword thing.
6. Display all elites you have on agro on the side along with their affixes (eg: FFXIV)
7. Ability to completely unkeybind something
8. Instead of having ALT toggle if things are on ground or not, just allow me to "always show" grey+, white+, blue+, yellow+, or legs only.
9. Allow auto-fire on buffs rather than having to set up a macro to just hit the buttons all the time.
10. Ability to turn off all sounds and effects except those done by you.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know how ya'll are running out of stash space that easily. 1 tab devoted to material/organs/gems/stones certainly but are you packratting everything?

Just hit p500, and have 1 tab devoted to wd/wiz, one to barb/str gear, and one for my monk/dh and still have room in each with most having sets worth keeping in it. 5th tab is for to-be-cubed items or ancient weapons that are worth holding.

With the cube being able to create items it really makes it easier to create/get the build you want to play, but sad that its still tiered to specific builds. Liked playing helltooth/acid, capped at 45. DoD at 54-55, beartooth at 60ish (short of perfect rifts). Was looking forward to seeing how a DH played with good gear but it looks like compared to the other classes they are top end about 5-6 grift levels lower?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Managed to squeeze out a GR56 win after jumping from 54 on my wizard. Wasn't the best rift but it certainly let's you know you need ancients with max damage and CDR or you're not getting much further than that.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I'm actually a bit lost jumping back in. I can't really tell what items are good or bad anymore and don't know what I need to upgrade. I'm using Raiment on my monk and feel like there's nothing I really need to get rid of.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Loving the DH so far. Right before I left the house today a Kridershot dropped for me. I'm going to put the stun rune on and wear the amulet that makes shadows of me when I stun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Currently usingNyrkki - Community - Diablo IIIto farm Death's Breath; it's pretty much just a version of Quin's generator build set up to use Sage and Nemesis. I can do T8 easily, but I'd still like to improve the speed a bit (and ideally move up to T9-10 once I get ancient Shenlong's x2). Only idea I've come up with so far is to switch Sage hat to boots, put my Leoric crown back on, and drop Cindercoat for the 2pc Raiment bonus. Alternatively, I could do something similar and trade Sage gloves for my extremely well-rolled Magefists. The Magefists should definitely be a dps improvement over Cindercoat, not sure if Leoric is or not (greater Epiphany uptime vs. 18% fire dmg).

Anyone else have thoughts on DB farming with a [non-season] monk? Currently I'm finding T8 with Sage/Nemesis to be a lot more efficient than T10 with full dps gear.

Edit: Also, anyone have a link to 2.2/2.3 drop tables? There's obviously been some changes made since 2.1 (Hexing Pants are super common now, etc.) but that's all I can find.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Currently usingNyrkki - Community - Diablo IIIto farm Death's Breath; it's pretty much just a version of Quin's generator build set up to use Sage and Nemesis. I can do T8 easily, but I'd still like to improve the speed a bit (and ideally move up to T9-10 once I get ancient Shenlong's x2). Only idea I've come up with so far is to switch Sage hat to boots, put my Leoric crown back on, and drop Cindercoat for the 2pc Raiment bonus. Alternatively, I could do something similar and trade Sage gloves for my extremely well-rolled Magefists. The Magefists should definitely be a dps improvement over Cindercoat, not sure if Leoric is or not (greater Epiphany uptime vs. 18% fire dmg).

Anyone else have thoughts on DB farming with a [non-season] monk? Currently I'm finding T8 with Sage/Nemesis to be a lot more efficient than T10 with full dps gear.

Edit: Also, anyone have a link to 2.2/2.3 drop tables? There's obviously been some changes made since 2.1 (Hexing Pants are super common now, etc.) but that's all I can find.
Legendary Drop Rates BloodShard Prices 2.3