Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you must know, my previous comment was aimed at Stosh, whose question was answered a couple pages previous.

Anyway, don't think we've discussed followers in depth here yet, so this topic has my approval! It does largely depend on your class/build and even gear. 3% attack speed is largely useless if it doesn't get you another breakpoint(tornadoes aren't the only skill with these).

From a utility standpoint, enchantress is better. BUT all of her passive benefits are applied only when she is alive. You get the 3% crit from the scoundrel even when he is dead. I couldn't be arsed to gear a follower enough to keep them alive, so I went with scoundrel. It's particularly annoying that a follower fucks with mob clumping for optimal AEing, so I actually prefer them dead. Both can use high chance to freeze gear, so they're about equal there.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully this questions hasn't been asked yet (Sorry if it has Deathwing
biggrin.png
) but I was under the impression that followers didn't matter much so I took the enchantress since she can turn mobs into chickens. I see almost everyone using the Scoundrel... why?
Enchantress sucks for a ww barb. Either the +3% ias allows you to hit a breakpoint which gimps you in multi player mode and anytime she dies, or it doesn't and gives you no benefit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know Deathwing, I'm just giving you shit.

I'm running archon wizard so I think crit is going to be my best bet right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As a monk, I actually use the Templar for the spirit regen. Like was said, follower tends to change a lot based on class/build.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Buriza got upgraded in the legendary patch. It used to have pathetic chance to freeze and now it can roll up to 15%. So if you found one a while ago it is probably worthless now. The quick rundown of followers is kind of like:

Enchantress: good for AOE CC and 3% IAS
Scoundrel: Good for single CC and 3% crit (generally better than 3% IAS)
Templar: Best MF potential decent resource generation boost (good for keeping WotB up if you're having problems); can slow a single target

For the most part the best weapons for these guys seem:

Enchantress: Tormenter. You can basically keep a single target charmed for a very long time between her active and the weapon's proc.
Scoundrel: Buriza
Templar: Sun Keeper

Personally I always used the Enchantress but I'm moving to the Templar. I'm going to deck him for pure MF and VIT. I like that he can slow a single target for me and his passive, combined with animosity gives me a 28% boost in fury generation. Combine that with IK's 5piece +2 generation I can keep my WOTB up infinitely as a rend/HOTA barb. (Even though I don't use WOTB when farming)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
People who skipped all the mobs to farm one boss over and over for years in D2, and who had to start over again at level 1 if they wanted to change skills, call D3 'restrictive' because you can farm half of an act for loot efficiently and can change builds to whatever you want at the start of your run.

Okay then.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Like I said before, a Scoundrel with Buriza beats any other combination. The freeze from it will proc the wizard skill (that i don't know how it's called because I don't play one) and if you use a stone of jordan with cold damage the slow will proc the demon hunter skill (no clue how this one is called either). Add another 5% chance to freeze from the neck and a life on hit/vit/ hp regen token and you're ready to kick ass.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/g...73/hero/252714

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
People who skipped all the mobs to farm one boss over and over for years in D2, and who had to start over again at level 1 if they wanted to change skills, call D3 'restrictive' because you can farm half of an act for loot efficiently and can change builds to whatever you want at the start of your run.

Okay then.
I think what they're getting at is that farming acts is terrible gameplay. Not that killing Pindleskin / Mephisto was great gameplay, but it was easy / robotic. Easy / robotic makes for minimal effort, which makes for low effort repetition.

I know that I was still able to stand Pindle / Meph runs x 100 a day in D2 2-3 years ago when I last played it. On the other hand, I hate navigating and farming shit on a large open map looking for mobs to kill. It's annoying and tedious.

Tenks

You can also probably farm yourself a Buriza in 2-3 days if you run Act3 MP10 Nightmare. I believe they run a few million for a badly rolled one and up to 40-50M for a well rolled one.

-edit-

Damn that is a nice token on your follow gogursl

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think what they're getting at is that farming acts is terrible gameplay. Not that killing Pindleskin / Mephisto was great gameplay, but it was easy / robotic. Easy / robotic makes for minimal effort, which makes for low effort repetition.

I know that I was still able to stand Pindle / Meph runs x 100 a day in D2 2-3 years ago when I last played it. On the other hand, I hate navigating and farming shit on a large open map looking for mobs to kill. It's annoying and tedious.
Alk runs are as easy and robotic as anything in d2, the only difference is that in d3 nothing explodes and showers you with 3 or so uniques.

Tenks

Alk runs are as easy and robotic as anything in d2, the only difference is that in d3 nothing explodes and showers you with 3 or so uniques.
I actually killed the Act 1 keywarden the other day and he dropped 3 uniques ^^

Granted 1 was the key and 2 were garbage that immediately got DE'd. A terrible rolled mojo and that fucking 2H monk staff.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The problem with D3 is that basically 1 act gives best returns and you have same chance to get anything anywhere and if you want to spice things up, the game punishes you. I fucking hate NV, every time I start a new game, nothing drops for the first 10-15 minutes and if it's the first time I'm doing a run, the first elite stack demolishes me because fps takes a nosedive, since their engine is shit and I don't have SSD. That's pretty good reason to NOT play the game for me.

They also worked pretty hard to not make any loot besides 6 stat rares/uniques/sets relevant. PoE gets around this with their skill slots where a good slotted white can be upgraded, D2 had runewords. Blues could be useful for crafting and I thought they were an elegant solution to make all loot relevant by turning it into tokens. Sadly, it's just not worth it. Their system also suffers from crazy mudflation even in vanilla game, so much that any defence stats can be disregarded in favor of going all out on attack stats. Itemization needs to work around few capped stats and some uncapped so you can maintain some interesting choices in gearing up by balancing your resists/hit/armor rating and dps.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You can also probably farm yourself a Buriza in 2-3 days if you run Act3 MP10 Nightmare. I believe they run a few million for a badly rolled one and up to 40-50M for a well rolled one.

-edit-

Damn that is a nice token on your follow gogursl
i wonder how many runs it would take :O anything above 12% is well up in the 12-20millss

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
D2 had runewords.
Not initially, it didn't. In fact, most of the powerful ones weren't even added until 1.10

Blues could be useful for crafting and I thought they were an elegant solution to make all loot relevant by turning it into tokens. Sadly, it's just not worth it.
That will change a lot in 1.0.7.

Their system also suffers from crazy mudflation even in vanilla game
The nature of this genre kind of revolves around mudflation, to be honest. Look, Igetthat Diablo 3 was a piece of shit, abortion of a game on release. I hated it as well. Thing is, the improvements to legendaries, ubers, MP, etc. have made for a very fun, vastly improved game. Diablo 3 always had the gameplay, it just lacked a lot of the intangibles. A lot of those are getting/have been added now. People need to quit with the fucking rage over it not being aperfectsequel to a genre defining game.

Tenks

Obviously its the luck of the RNG. Just max out your MF and hope for the best.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
For my DH, I use a high proc rate (near 50%) Windforce on my scoundrel (and I use that +10% damage buff he gives, my CC is 59.5% as is). It varies, but sometimes monsters simply can't reach us if the scoundrel is positioned correctly.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
The nature of this genre kind of revolves around mudflation, to be honest. Look, Igetthat Diablo 3 was a piece of shit, abortion of a game on release. I hated it as well. Thing is, the improvements to legendaries, ubers, MP, etc. have made for a very fun, vastly improved game.Diablo 3 always had the gameplay, it just lacked a lot of the intangibles.A lot of those are getting/have been added now. People need to quit with the fucking rage over it not being aperfectsequel to a genre defining game.
With all due respect, gameplay has never been the high of this genre, and in no way did Diablo 3 improve my enjoyment of the game over Diablo 2 using gameplay. In fact, Witch Doctor is two steps backward from a Diablo 2 Necro when it comes to enjoyment - shit pets that do no damage, terrible mechanics revolving around popping cooldowns and bear / acid spamming, tons of worthless passives, etc. I'm not going to talk about other classes because I didn't play them beyond the 10s and 20s, but first impressions matter and Diablo 3 made a horrible one all around, not just with intangibles.

Saying that Diablo 3 is not a perfect game is the equivalent of saying that Age of Conan is not a perfect game. It was a garbage game and after 3-4 patches, it's now an average Diablo 2 clone. The problem for Blizzard is that the shit came first and cost them the bulk of their player base. The remainder who stuck through it are nowadays so far ahead that the economy is completely busted, which in turn makes people not want to come back.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, the summoner necro where you stood and spammed amp damage and corpse explosion or teleporting your horde onto targets using the enigma that you could get thanks to massive duping was the pinnacle of game play.

And d3 is now completely inaccessible to returning players as they can buy great items with the gold they find on the ground.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
Did you not get where I said 'gameplay was never the high of this genre?' Necros were fun because they walked around and their pets killed shit while they reanimated additional pets and exploded corpses - ie it was a fucking necro.

A Witch Doctor's pets are distractions; the actual gameplay is spamming bears / acid / frogs / skulls on mobs while clicking on ghost walk whenever you started taking damage. It's boring and mundane.

Also, nobody wants to advance their characters by buying shit off of the AH with dropped gold while being unable to sell a single thing themselves. On the other hand, that's what people who are still playing the game want others to do, because without a pool of returnees, they know the game's economy is dead and they won't be able to sell shit -> the entire incentive behind the game is lost.