Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes, the summoner necro where you stood and spammed amp damage and corpse explosion or teleporting your horde onto targets using the enigma that you could get thanks to massive duping was the pinnacle of game play.

And d3 is now completely inaccessible to returning players as they can buy great items with the gold they find on the ground.
Seriously. It's just like former EQ players. They are so fucking nostalgic about it, they forget howactuallyterrible certain things were. Subsequently, they completely shut off their receptiveness to the idea that anything could everpossiblybe better.

Also, nobody wants to advance their characters by buying shit off of the AH with dropped gold. On the other hand, that's what people who are still playing the game want others to do, because without a pool of returnees, they know the game's economy is dead.
Yeah, instead they want to scour the forums and public games trying to "trade" shit. Heaven forbid an AH make the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING you did in D2 any more accessible.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
Seriously. It's just like former EQ players. They are so fucking nostalgic about it, they forget howactuallyterrible certain things were. Subsequently, they completely shut off their receptiveness to the idea that anything could everpossiblybe better.
A valid argument - but for the fact that just about every single fucking person who played Diablo 3 on release saw it was a train wreck within 2-3 weeks. Nostalgia has nothing to do with bad game design. Bad game design is bad game design.

Yeah, instead they want to scour the forums and public games trying to "trade" shit. Heaven forbid an AH make the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING you did in D2 any more accessible.
You don't get what makes Diablo 3 a mudflated game, do you? Look at the average weapon DPS you see on the AH, and look at the average weapon DPS of a drop you get while going through the game. Now go back to Diablo 2 and do the same. The RNG loot mechanics for the two games are completely different. Diablo 3's rolls on items are capable of being terribad <insert made up but very high %> of the times, which was never the case in Diablo 2, and is one of the primary causes for why the economy is tanked.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are we ignoring Necros were a legit shit class when Diablo2 was released or are we still doing the old "Compare a game that had 10 years to evolve and get logical changes versus a game less than 1 year old" game again? Its not like Diablo2 shipped with runewords or synergy. I would know I made the poor choice of making one on release day. Was quite fun sitting around for 45 minutes in Hell while my revives and skeletons (who got one shot anyways) killed 1 monster.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
Are we ignoring Necros were a legit shit class when Diablo2 was released or are we still doing the old "Compare a game that had 10 years to evolve and get logical changes versus a game less than 1 year old" game again? Its not like Diablo2 shipped with runewords or synergy. I would know I made the poor choice of making one on release day. Was quite fun sitting around for 45 minutes in Hell while my revives and skeletons (who got one shot anyways) killed 1 monster.
Necros were never a shit class. They were weak - because the pet mechanics scaled badly into Hell. But the basic design of the class remained the same throughout and when they fixed the scaling, necros got back to doing the same thing in Hell that they did in Normal.

WDs were NOT DESIGNED to do this. This isn't a 'they gonna be fixed yo' issue. WDs ARE fixed. They are perfectly playable in Inferno and I don't foresee changes to the class and neither does Blizzard. The class is not weak; the class has bad gameplay, which is very different from being weak.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is why Etadanik's argument is completely retarded. Also, witch doctor pets are just fine now.

Necros were never a shit class. They were weak - because the pet mechanics scaled badly into Hell. But the basic design of the class remained the same throughout and when they fixed the scaling, necros got back to doing the same thing in Hell that they did in Normal.

WDs were NOT DESIGNED to do this. This isn't a 'they gonna be fixed yo' issue. WDs ARE fixed. They are perfectly playable in Inferno and I don't foresee changes to the class and neither does Blizzard. The class is not weak; the class has bad gameplay, which is very different from being weak.
I have to wonder if you've even played a WD recently. Mine is no less fun to play than any other class.

Tenks

So your #1 gripe about the game is they didn't copy and paste a pet class? Because I don't think WDs were ever advertised as really being a pet class. More like nukers who also happened to have pets. In fact if a true pet class existed in the game it would be abysmally slow at clearing zones compared to all the others.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why Etadanik's argument is completely retarded. Also, witch doctor pets are just fine now.
Not only fine but with gear 0 cooldown dogs + sacrifice is rape. Etadanik's argument is retarded because the witch doctor has worse gameplay than a necro because you do more things to play the wd class. Active gameplay? That sucks!

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
So your #1 gripe about the game is they didn't copy and paste a pet class? Because I don't think WDs were ever advertised as really being a pet class. More like nukers who also happened to have pets. In fact if a true pet class existed in the game it would be abysmally slow at clearing zones compared to all the others.
My #1 gripe about the game is that it's a shit game on release and that by the time they fixed it enough to be a Diablo 2 clone, the bulk of the game's players have already left. That said, crappy class design does contribute to the game's woes. Were WDs a better class, I imagine there's a shot that I'm still playing, but the combination of the shitty start and the crappy class design made me lose all patience with the game, and the same goes for the 4-5 other people who I started playing with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My #1 gripe about the game is that it's a shit game on release and that by the time they fixed it enough to be a Diablo 2 clone, the bulk of the game's players have already left. That said, crappy class design does contribute to the game's woes. Were WDs a better class, I imagine there's a shot that I'm still playing, but the combination of the shitty start and the crappy class design made me lose all patience with the game, and the same goes for the 4-5 other people who I started playing with.
http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...-Path-of-Exile

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
Not only fine but with gear 0 cooldown dogs + sacrifice is rape. Etadanik's argument is retarded because the witch doctor has worse gameplay than a necro because you do more things to play the wd class. Active gameplay? That sucks!
Working in an assembly line is more fun than watching a movie because you do more things!

Genius logic.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't touched Diablo 3 in months. Don't try to direct me to another game because I didn't quit Diablo 3 because a better game came out. I quit because it sucked.
Oh color us all shocked. Your posts were so on point about the state of the game no one could tell you haven't played in forever.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This thread should be a great lesson for Blizzard. Their extremely long dev cycle and beta just didn't come across at release. It felt poorly tuned, with little to no attention to the endgame and had massive server issues with online only DRM. This, coupled with their project team making jackass comments to incite the users, led to some seriously bad feelings. IMO the patches have fixed things, but the damage was already done.

So now you have people hyper-focusing on things they otherwise wouldn't give a fuck about (or things that don't even make sense) to vent their distaste about how bad Blizzard screwed the pooch on release. Judging by ATVI stock, the RMAH hasn't been a runaway financial success. So hopefully this punch to their financial ballsack will help them learn some lessons for future releases.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't touched Diablo 3 in months. Don't try to direct me to another game because I didn't quit Diablo 3 because a better game came out. I quit because it sucked.
I meant get the fuck out of the thread.

I also quit Diablo 3 because it sucked. Started it back up a week or two ago after reading about the changes expecting to uninstall again in a day or two, but I'm enjoying it. Nobody in here is defending the state of the game at release, so why are you still banging your drum for attention? We ALL think it sucked at release.

Xith

They improved the witchdoctor pets a lot in some previous patch and they are pretty good now. I think my gargantuan crit's for like 300k+. On lower monster powers, it often kills entire packs of monsters before I can even attack. I don't find the dogs as useful, but there are some fun sacrifice builds. Once you get your gear to a certain level, you can literally use any build to clear the lower power levels, which is where you will be killing 99% of the time. The gear requirement for MP0 is pretty low.

My complaints with the class are probably the same as any other class.. too many skills that just aren't as good as other skills. There are a few really bad ones (Toad of Hugeness, Hedge Magic, etc), but a lot of them just need some small tweaks to make them viable.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
I meant get the fuck out of the thread.

I also quit Diablo 3 because it sucked. Started it back up a week or two ago after reading about the changes expecting to uninstall again in a day or two, but I'm enjoying it. Nobody in here is defending the state of the game at release, so why are you still banging your drum for attention? We ALL think it sucked at release.
Yeah, and? I'm talking aboutwhyit sucked, and not all of it is irrelevant because I quit in 1.05, which is when all the changes to loot, exp, and difficulty came in. The game was broken on release, correct; but the idea that it was only broken because of a few intangibles and people gave it an overly difficult time, which was what prompted my response, is inane. It took them 4-5 months to take it to the level of an average Diablo clone. It's still not a great game, and there are plenty of issues to talk about - not because it's going to make a difference to Blizzard who never reads these forums, but because it's what people on forums fucking do.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, and? I'm talking aboutwhyit sucked, and not all of it is irrelevant because I quit in 1.05, which is when all the changes to loot, exp, and difficulty came in. The game was broken on release, correct; but the idea that it was only broken because of a few intangibles and people gave it an overly difficult time, which was what prompted my response, is inane. It took them 4-5 months to take it to the level of an average Diablo clone. It's still not a great game, and there are plenty of issues to talk about - not because it's going to make a difference to Blizzard who never reads these forums, but because it's what people on forums fucking do.
That's really great and all, but I think we've pretty much established that (a) Diablo 3 launched in a pretty shitty state, (b) that it's taken them longer than it should have to turn things around and (c) that there's still a laundry list of things to further improved upon. I certainly don't think this thread should be all about praise and positivity, but your criticism is for the most part pretty fucking old-hat, so why don't you give it a rest and move on? Seriously, you're shitting up the thread with your vitriol against a game you haven't played for 3 months and probably won't pick up again, it sounds like. You think D3 is a piece of shit; I get that, and I think everyone else does as well. Good thing there's plenty of other games out there for you to enjoy, buddy!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you guys think the AH will perk back up after the patch?

Have the prices on crafting mats already started trending up in anticipation? I haven't followed the pricing on them in a while.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you guys think the AH will perk back up after the patch?

Have the prices on crafting mats already started trending up in anticipation? I haven't followed the pricing on them in a while.
Well, the mats from a yellow DE into about the same price as what the yellow vendors for(in some cases more, but I don't have the patience to spam click and hit enter for a few hundred gold), which was never really the case. I'm not sure if that's due to an uptrend in prices or me just being away from the game for a while.