Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
That's really great and all, but I think we've pretty much established that (a) Diablo 3 launched in a pretty shitty state, (b) that it's taken them longer than it should have to turn things around and (c) that there's still a laundry list of things to further improved upon. I certainly don't think this thread should be all about praise and positivity,but your criticism is for the most part pretty fucking old-hat, so why don't you give it a rest and move on? Seriously, you're shitting up the thread with your vitriol against a game you haven't played for 3 months and probably won't pick up again, it sounds like. You think D3 is a piece of shit; I get that, and I think everyone else does as well. Good thing there's plenty of other games out there for you to enjoy, buddy!
You need to go back and read who I was responding to and why.

I keep up with the Diablo 3 thread because it's a great case study of game design in this genre - ie what works, what doesn't work, etc. Whether I'm going to pick it up again, that incentive remains.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
So im becoming tired of organs not dropping for me , do we have any nice guys who can run me threw the ubers on mp10? i can only do 3 and its just not working

BigDirty#1206

just gona go back to farming some more keys for now

Cigano_sl

shitlord
Has there been any release date on the pvp patch? Tried to get back into the game, played it for about 3 hours and couldn't do it. Just don't see any motivation to play it if i can't kill anyone=/

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're doing an "Ask the Devs" thing on their US and Europoean forums currently, wherein people can ask them specific questions on a topic of their choosing (this time around, Patch 1.0.7) - once the thread reaches maximum posts it gets locked, and after a week the highest rated posts are presented to the developers for answering. For example, here's the US topic:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398#1

Anyways, to answer your question a little more directly, there's no official release date for the patch, but taking the above into consideration, it's probably at least a week or two away still.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has there been any release date on the pvp patch? Tried to get back into the game, played it for about 3 hours and couldn't do it. Just don't see any motivation to play it if i can't kill anyone=/
If you're hoping for PvP to be non-terrible I have news for you ....

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually, this is available on the Public Test Realm right now. It is super basic and the PvP area is separate from the rest of the game (you talk to a guy and enter an arena). So it is not similar to D2 at all, other than the balance between classes is equally bad, I'm told.

Try it out and tell us what you think.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, after spending some hours on the PTR, I don't consider it as lackluster or downright awful as some do. If you can set aside the PvE grind mentality, in terms of reworking your gear and skills, which can differ based on your opponents gear and skill choice, you can end up with some pretty fun fights.

Of course, 'fun' is kind of subjective, and I'm pretty sure it wont appeal to anyone even half-serious about PvP, since it's about as far from being balanced as can be. It also needs a few buggy kinks worked out before it hits live, and it'd go a long way if they added a scoring system or the option to team up etc.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, this is available on the Public Test Realm right now. It is super basic and the PvP area is separate from the rest of the game (you talk to a guy and enter an arena). So it is not similar to D2 at all, other than the balance between classes is equally bad, I'm told.

Try it out and tell us what you think.
I expect pvp to be awful for the vast majority of players, beyond the complete lack of class balance the gear gap between players can be even more massive. I never pvped in d2 so I have no idea how this will stack up, but I wouldn't encourage optimism.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I expect pvp to be awful for the vast majority of players, beyond the complete lack of class balance the gear gap between players can be even more massive. I never pvped in d2 so I have no idea how this will stack up, but I wouldn't encourage optimism.
I must have been accidentally misleading. I think D3's PvP will be lousy and I am not into PvP in general unless the game is designed for it (like LoL). I was just letting the guy know he could try it and tell us his thoughts since it hasn't been discussed much and it is available.

D3's PvP differs from D2's because you go to a PvP specific arena. In D2, you could join a public game, hostile everyone and grief away. There was no mutual PvP agreement needed. You could limit this by playing in private games, playing with friends or setting level limits to prevent high-level griefing, but basically if someone wanted PvP it was fair game anytime, anywhere (except in town).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What is amazing is that Diablo 2 never needed a single update and still remains completely flawless.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is amazing is that Diablo 2 never needed a single update and still remains completely flawless.
Good luck fighting d2 nostalgia. Every time runewords get mentioned it makes me shake my head. Runewords were just the typical +gooder stats and the occasional cross class skill. Not to mention the actual rarity of the runes for the amazing runewords was insanely low and only available thanks to duping.