Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've started like 20-25 games and haven't seen The Cursed Peat in A5. Is it rare or something? Or just bad luck?

Are there any other cursed events that lend themselves to 350+ kills?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've started like 20-25 games and haven't seen The Cursed Peat in A5. Is it rare or something? Or just bad luck?

I'd put my number of games north of 50 before I got it. It's RNG and a dumb one at that. The rest ... proooobably not, at least a lot less realible.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

It is indeed rare. I understand the desire to solo the entire season journey, I did that for S5. But realize outside of GR 75 solo and Boss Mode(and your class might not even be able to solo this), the other two have an annoying chunk of RNG.

If you could consistently roll high-density outdoor maps, TX in under 2 would be a very satisfying conquest. Same for Cursed. But since you spend so much time rerolling maps and games, it becomes quite hard to "practice" and the skill portion has very little to do with the conquest. That's how I eventually rationalized just grouping up for that the last conquest I needed.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got one over lunch after 30-40 tries. 323 kills. FML.

Thinking a M6 multishot build might work better. More screen coverage with less resource use.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sewala - Community - Diablo IIIThis is what I use for TX/GR50, I could use better belt, but witching hour has been eluding me so far. If you are still not sure how to position yourself, look up a video on youtube.
I was thinking specifically about the 350+ kill cursed chest. My problem is I was blasting MS everywhere and running low on Hatred. If you did a turret MS build, you get 5x screen coverage with each shot. Just a thought to solve the specific problem.

I had about 275 kills on the A1 Agony 3 chest. I wonder if that one is workable.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If hatred is an issue, swap nemesis bracers for reaper's wraps and get cindercoat/pride's fall in the cube, then it should be impossible to run out of steam. Honestly you shouldn't just blindly spam multishot, it's easier to use it like once a second or two, since the spawns aren't continuous.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
If you stand off to one side you should be able to get the 350 no problem. I would probably cube Cindercoat for it if I was doing it alone.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
If hatred is an issue, swap nemesis bracers for reaper's wraps and get cindercoat/pride's fall in the cube, then it should be impossible to run out of steam. Honestly you shouldn't just blindly spam multishot, it's easier to use it like once a second or two, since the spawns aren't continuous.
I panicked. A side affect of having to start 40 fucking games to get the objective I need.

If you stand off to one side you should be able to get the 350 no problem. I would probably cube Cindercoat for it if I was doing it alone.
Good call. I have Cindercoat, will try adjusting position and easing up on fire rate. Or grouping.

Silence_sl

shitlord
The top seasonal wizard has like 1500 paragons. When you are doing GR102 I assume it's not that tough. I have almost 700 and I am super casual. I still get 2-3 paragons for each GR70+ in a group.
How in the hell do people get geared so quickly? Play 18 hours a day? I'm still rolling around in a lot of pre season 1 gear.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Coordinated group play is a large, large part of it. If i do a solo GR70 I get about 2.5 paragon levels right now. If I stack up with a support monk/barb and some other DPS and do a GR85 I get almost 10 paragons. Getting up in to 800-1000 paragon with a premade group of homies to roll with is not a colossal deal really.

Gearing up initially is a bit of a bell curve. Starting from absolute scratch in the season is a real struggle until you can solo your GR20 to get your poverty set. Once you've got the poverty set you rocket up to T10 farming almost instantly, and from there it's just a matter of luck/grinding to round out the rest of your gear or build the set you actually want.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
And then you have the extra tedious phase of farming the duplicates for ancient pieces or better rolls.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Which is usually where I get bored with the season. Fuck trying to roll ancient chests on a DH.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It shouldn't be that bad most of the time? I found it a bunch of times. Note that you shouldn't just check the bounty, the bounty is super rare, doesn't mean the event isn't spawned. I did mention that before but go to blood marsh waypoint, and check the 4 positions around the teleporter for the cursed peat event. If it's not there, relog. If you have fast movement you can kinda check around too, not sure it's worth the time but I think half the ones I found weren't around the waypoint, but you reroll as soon as you see a large scale event area(ghost miners, path going down with walls, path going up but the different event, large crescent moon-like wall with bunch of mobs in the middle, this kind of events). Basically most maps have "slots" for events to spawn in, and the event that spawn there is random. The slots in which a full scale event spawns is also random, but not entirely random. And the waypoint is also random and part of these slots.

So if you do a quick check with a fast moving build(I liked shadow with perma wings for faster movespeed so faster vaults back when I played DH) you can check more potential spots than just the waypoint. But definitely don't just check the bounty, that's garbage, I haven't seen it spawn once in like 100resets but I found the event like 5times. You might not be, just saying in case you are.

Gearing up initially is a bit of a bell curve. Starting from absolute scratch in the season is a real struggle until you can solo your GR20 to get your poverty set. Once you've got the poverty set you rocket up to T10 farming almost instantly, and from there it's just a matter of luck/grinding to round out the rest of your gear or build the set you actually want.
Is there any class that can't do GR20 with 4pc of their sets? I did it on my wiz this season and 4pc DMO is literally nothing but 50% dmg reduction(which isn't really needed for GR20 anyway). Craft a good 70 rare 2H weapon(which you probably crafted already at 61 for leveling, but craft a better one if you didn't get a socket+mainstat one), get elemental dmg on your bracers and potentially amulet, and that should be good enough to do GR20 with a non gear reliant bunch of shit rares. Plus on average in my experience, getting a stupid fucking key to drop for the GRs takes enough runs to good enough rares.

Maybe Crusader and their shit baseline skills? I think like Barb with Rend is probably good enough with no set pieces, DH with sentries+companion+chakram, Wizard with disintegrate+all the passive shit+hydra, Monk with EP and Cyclone with all the spirit passives/buffs, WD with dogs/garg+sycophants+haunt/locust. Even Crusader I feel should be fine if you pick all the pew pew cooldowns shit like the beam and the pulling explosion and punish with damage return rune and sweep. And that's not counting on any 4pc, a lot of which improve damage a fair amount in general.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It shouldn't be that bad most of the time? I found it a bunch of times. Note that you shouldn't just check the bounty, the bounty is super rare, doesn't mean the event isn't spawned. I did mention that before but go to blood marsh waypoint, and check the 4 positions around the teleporter for the cursed peat event. If it's not there, relog. If you have fast movement you can kinda check around too, not sure it's worth the time but I think half the ones I found weren't around the waypoint, but you reroll as soon as you see a large scale event area(ghost miners, path going down with walls, path going up but the different event, large crescent moon-like wall with bunch of mobs in the middle, this kind of events). Basically most maps have "slots" for events to spawn in, and the event that spawn there is random. The slots in which a full scale event spawns is also random, but not entirely random. And the waypoint is also random and part of these slots.

So if you do a quick check with a fast moving build(I liked shadow with perma wings for faster movespeed so faster vaults back when I played DH) you can check more potential spots than just the waypoint. But definitely don't just check the bounty, that's garbage, I haven't seen it spawn once in like 100resets but I found the event like 5times. You might not be, just saying in case you are.
Also good information. It spawns on the "king of the hill" pyramid. Others looking for it, see this video for what the event area looks like:

Will be glancing around for it when I play later instead of just leaving games over and over.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also good information. It spawns on the "king of the hill" pyramid. Others looking for it, see this video for what the event area looks like:

Will be glancing around for it when I play later instead of just leaving games over and over.
Yeah if you look at the event on the minimap, you can see the "walls" with black stuff, and they're basically all around the place. A lot of the large events have similar walls on the minimap, and as soon as you see one with walls like that, it's very unlikely there's a 2nd event in the blood marsh. I think a second one spawns in the earlier part of the blood marsh, past the room with a bunch of doors and a thingie you click in story mode to open the doors that separates the 2 main areas of the blood marsh. But that shit's too far and not worth checking. I teleport in, check the 4positions directly around the TP(quite often a major event spawns right next to the waypoint) and then go in a large circle around that and find a large event and relog if it's not the right one. But just checking around the waypoint is good enough in a lot of games.

But in the 4-5times I found the event, it never was a bounty. In fact, bounties were very rarely those event areas. Like a few bounties you can reset right away cause it's an event area but not the right one(the one that's something lord castle something for example), but most of the bounties are about doing one of the cave events or killing a named in the blood marsh, and those don't exclude the presence of the cursed peat event, so you spend a ton more time resetting.

Silence_sl

shitlord
T10 farming as in farming bonus bounties?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
How in the hell do people get geared so quickly? Play 18 hours a day? I'm still rolling around in a lot of pre season 1 gear.
The free set really makes the game almost unfair. By the first Saturday all of my guild (except the guys playing Overwatch) were rolling in 6pc of their set. After that it is just doing stuff as a group as everyone can do T10 in their free 6pc. Farming with 4 people is far more effective then farming with 1 person. By the first Sunday we were doing GR60+ as a 4 man. Each Rift was giving 6ish paragons. The high Rifts give better gear, you get the group bonus on magic find, the higher rifts give more blood shards.