Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

SeanDoe1z1

My friend eats blizzcon shit up, every year disappointed.

Tried to warn him this year. Money is onto different things.

xzi

Mouthbreather
fans.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This is the most I've probably seen blizzcon tank in recent years. You have to laff just a bit tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

next blizzcon.

"We heard your reaction to Diablo Immortal. Here at Blizzard we listen to our fans, and constantly strive to bring innovation, and gaming experiences loved by millions. So in response, we are have worked hard for the last year, to bring you all the Diablo Experience you have been waiting for. Let me introduce Diablo 76."

• 7Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Worst part is they already have a good version of diablo on mobile with the switch release =p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
god how big of a boner does chris wilson and tencent have right now, diablo is essentially dead

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is so bad it is sort of draining my want/will to play D3. Just logged in and I am kind of meh.
Yea I just finished the last requirement to get my full 6p in seasons and my desire to bother playing is nil considering it's the same old content i've played time and time again with nothing to breath life into the franchise in the pipe to look forward to.

Fucker

Log Wizard
next blizzcon.

"We heard your reaction to Diablo Immortal. Here at Blizzard we listen to our fans, and constantly strive to bring innovation, and gaming experiences loved by millions. So in response, we are have worked hard for the last year, to bring you all the Diablo Experience you have been waiting for. Let me introduce Diablo 76 Battle Royale Edition."

fixed

Stave

Potato del Grande
I don't think Diablo on mobile is a bad idea. It was just announced in the absolute shittiest way possible. Look at Fallout Shelter. It's a mobile game, but it's actually a fun take on a loved franchise. But when they announced it, they also announced Fallout 4, so it was a bonus to make Fallout 4 announcement even better. Had they even had some Diablo 4 teaser CGI with some fire and Diablo's eyes, and a D4 logo or something, followed by the mobile announcement, it would have went a shitload better. Even if the game is nowhere near being ready, they could have given a few tidbits. I highly doubt this game is in replacement to an actual PC game. That is still in development, and this is done by some chinese company. It's just a side mobile game. Should have never been announced as the grand finale at Blizzcon though.

I'm trying to look at the mobile game itself with an open mind. Yes the blizzcon shit sucked, but I'm willing to give the game a try. Being able to play some Diablo at work or on the shitter or waiting for an appointment etc, would be nice... but that should be IN ADDITION to a good PC game, not a replacement. I'd love to be able to farm loot on mobile that I could use on my PC character, but Blizz would never be innovative enough to do that. I will try this game, and I hope it is enjoyable and not trashed down with tons of IAPs. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, because really, Hearthstone on phones doesnt do ads or nickel and dime you, so as long as Blizz stays like this, it could be enjoyable.

What I am tired of is all these remakes and vanilla. All I see is "pay us more to do what you've already done before". They made models and levels and an engine for the new WC3 remake, why not just make new characters and a new story? It's lazy imo. I get people love D2, but the whole remake shit seems like a waste to me. I've played it a million fucking times, and yes playing it with a shinier coat would be cool, for a few days, but in the end it's still just Diablo 2. I'd rather have a legit D4. It will come, and I imagine they are taking their sweet time with it after the shit launch of D3. But Blizzard officially no longer gets the benefit of the doubt from me, they are now judged with a healthy dose of skepticism like pretty much all other AAA devs now days.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone in the audience at the devtalk actually asked on the mic if this was an out of season aprils fool joke, to which the audience cheered. Brofist bump my man.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hope this all bombs. They need to take risks again.

Blizz in for a tough winter. WoW subs in a nosedive, Overwatch dead. Destiny 2 dead. Diablo 3 dead. Artifact coming out this month which will tank Hearthstone's numbers.

They don't have anything left to rip off from other games companies, so now they are forced to dig up old corpses for another go. WoW Classic. Warcraft Reforged...all efforts done by skilled game designers who have long since left the building. Diablo mobile? Exactly what no one asked for.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe they'll throw d4 beta onto your account if you commit to a 4 year wow sub this time.

Cybsled

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare: Man, our game trailer got so many dislikes. That will be a hard record to beat
Diablo: hold my beer

1541214865909.png

• 2Worf

Stave

Potato del Grande
On the plus side, usually backlash to this extreme, is met with drastic correction. Hopefully Blizzard learns from this.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
All they had to do was go the Bethesda route - announce the mobile game, sure whatever. But then tease the real thing, D4, even if it's just a title without a cinematic or gameplay. The fact that they didn't do that? Either they're PAINFULLY dumb or they're not even working on next gen Diablo title. Sad.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fedor

<Banned>
All they had to do was go the Bethesda route - announce the mobile game, sure whatever. But then tease the real thing, D4, even if it's just a title without a cinematic or gameplay. The fact that they didn't do that? Either they're PAINFULLY dumb or they're not even working on next gen Diablo title. Sad.

They registered playwarcraft3.com but didn't even think of registering playdiablo4.com.

That just shows you how far into development they are on D4.

Cybsled

Maybe, but Blizzard seldom teases stuff that early. The last times they did that was pre-Blizzcon. They never officially acknowledged Project Titan at Blizzcon, for instance...we only saw the leftovers when they released OW.

Honestly they were in a pickle. Capping the show with WC3 would have seemed tired and OW/WOW/HS were just additional content for existing games. Logically it makes sense to cap it off with a new game, but a mobile game no doubt primarily targeted at the Asian mobile market to make shareholders happy was really bad optics and a passionate (and feeling betrayed) fanbase is going to eviscerate your game even if they never actually try it, because just the idea is abhorrent to them.