Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe, but Blizzard seldom teases stuff that early. The last times they did that was pre-Blizzcon. They never officially acknowledged Project Titan at Blizzcon, for instance...we only saw the leftovers when they released OW.

Honestly they were in a pickle. Capping the show with WC3 would have seemed tired and OW/WOW/HS were just additional content for existing games. Logically it makes sense to cap it off with a new game, but a mobile game no doubt primarily targeted at the Asian mobile market to make shareholders happy was really bad optics and a passionate (and feeling betrayed) fanbase is going to eviscerate your game even if they never actually try it, because just the idea is abhorrent to them.

I still want Titan more then the current state of OW but $20 million buy ins for your mediocre esport give Activision suits a bigger hard on instead of actually delivering a decent FPS MMO. The only thing still impressive with Blizz is there cinematic/art department and even the newest palette swapped Ashe is starting to show their cracks since apparently same face now has to be a thing with them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's the thing, they should have just fully ignored Diablo for another blizzcon and then in a few weeks announced it via twitter and everyone would be eating this shit up. Including me for like 5 hours I imagine.

Instead, the gaming world tuned in to your "biggest announcement yet" and it's a mobile game. They deserve all the hate they're getting as a company. Obviously the devs don't deserve anything personal, but fuck who they work for. They even used the historically #1 prime spot for the biggest announcement of the entire blizzcon to announce it. Fucking clownshoes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

Brevik was clearly right and I'm curious on his thoughts after this whole fiasco.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fedor

<Banned>
IBNbtPk.jpg

VITpeUH.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

The edits never fail to deliver, just need laughing Indian talk show edit next.

• 8Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
I have a hunch before Blizzcon is over, they are going to announce D4 or some other Diablo project as damage control. Even if it's just a verbal announcement.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Stave

Potato del Grande
Like every action rpg on mobile has that same interface style though with the buttons on the bottom right. Just like most FPS have health in bottom left, ammo in bottom right, and minimap in top right. I highly doubt because it's got a similar UI layout, that the entire game is just a reskin.

• 1Picard

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last time they had such a terrible reaction, we got StarCraft in response. Those guys are gone though and there is no hope here.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Ouch I felt that one. Anyone who can read inflections and tone of voice just winced their eyeballs out.

I will never buy another Blizzard product again.

This crossed the line. My crew took a risk and supported BFA.

We won't be back.

Its too much with the Big 3 influentials at Blizzard gone and the obvious shift in polish, quality, and design.

They couldn't even answer a simple question on the future of Diablo-- and we're supposed to have a panel on Diablo later this morning? No way. Cut them out of your life. Vote with your views and wallet.

Shut the faucet off.

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
They didn't announce the game we wanted them to announce. It sucks sure, but whatever, it's not like they've turned the diablo franchise to mobile only or are devoting a huge amount of resources to this.

I'll jump off the Blizzard train when they stop supporting old games and start releasing yearly rehashes.

• 1Like