Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I guess it went from being SSS tier down to A tier now, depending on who you ask. Still kind of disappointing. I wanted to try something kind of new this season, not sure what I want to do now. Then again, I will probably play even less than before since my group all tapered off very rarely this season.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2pc Firebird nerf remains - 3000% down from 7500%
6pc Firebird is buffed - 5000% up from 2000% (pre-nerf 4000%)
S tier instead of SSS but better than A

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Gonna do season 23. Was looking at the demon hunter Gears of Dreadland. Just solo to kill time nothing serious.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Got a Unity for my free primal. Even in situations where I would use one it would probably be the cubed version and wear F+R or Compass+CoE. Rolled physical resist too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So decided to try something different this season and go strictly solo self found since there is a follower revamp system to help out solo play. 11 hours later even at SSF I got all the gear required for my wizard and my follower real fast. Only thing left is to level my gems, get all ancient or better gear and augment them. I'm already considering going back to Diablo 2/Project Diablo 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So decided to try something different this season and go strictly solo self found since there is a follower revamp system to help out solo play. 11 hours later even at SSF I got all the gear required for my wizard and my follower real fast. Only thing left is to level my gems, get all ancient or better gear and augment them. I'm already considering going back to Diablo 2/Project Diablo 2.
D3 has a longer but less rewarding endgame. Farming paragon/bounties and rift fishing are all awful.
I don’t know if I can do the full 99 farm in pod though. It’s fun to play but you get to a point where upgrades are just masturbatory

Malakriss

All I need for season journey finish is augment and I'm done. GR103 P750 and already grinding for ancients and gem levels. Follower upgrades are very nice, particularly with Nems + Flavor of Time on every build, Broken crown for more gems early in season, and then rorg + double breaths + more GR key drops. Other ring i'm doing Avarice for T16, Occulus for GRs

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The same. Just the augment to finish. I love the follower changes, having all the utility on follower with their new skills(which is more utility) is great.

Thankfully I long ago realized you don't play d3 for long periods of times. Considering its been in maintenance mode for how long now and probably has a handful of people that work on it, if that. Decide if changes each season are worth trying out, if so, play for a few days to finish things and have fun with new stuff then bye again until it might look interesting again.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Done with season journey on day 4, I keep thinking they can't get any shorter but they still do

Malakriss

Reminder for your followers you can make level 1 alts to craft sets and reroll main stats for STR/DEX/INT

Also put a diamond gem in their broken crowns for CDR

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Reminder for your followers you can make level 1 alts to craft sets and reroll main stats for STR/DEX/INT

Also put a diamond gem in their broken crowns for CDR

CDR does not work for followers with the exception of Heal for the Templar

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Done with season journey on day 4, I keep thinking they can't get any shorter but they still do
Power creep + the world's easiest conquests this season. I'm also getting super spoiled now with if every class effectively getting free access to Flavor of Time and Nems.

The power creep is off the charts though. People had solo cleared GR 120+ less than 24 hours into the season. Will probably be worse than Bone Spear Necro last season where at least the top 300 solo had GR 150 clears under their belts.

Malakriss

New Season Theme: Season 24 introduces Ethereals, a new weapon-type that players will be able to acquire and hunt for in their upcoming seasonal journey. Ethereals will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II. For additional details on Ethereals, check out the list below:

• Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
  • Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
  • There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
  • Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
  • Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
  • Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
  • Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
  • Ethereals can be augmented.
  • Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play. Please note that the reward functionality for Ethereal Recollection will not be available during PTR 2.7.1.
  • Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Bone spear will also get nerfed heavily

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Only come in ancient or primal variety it seems. Power and hellfire amulet type skill are totally random.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice that they bring back the names/images of those from d2, lot of fond memories looking at that (no idea how it'll play in any way)

Malakriss

Ethereal affixes were updated, same PTR link above. For example the DH Bow now has Discipline and Resource Cost Reduction something that is necessary on Yang's and obviously would need to be on its Ethereal replacement.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was looking forward to playing wol. Shame they needed it. Probably going going god Dh or firebirds.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hope they have an actual seasonal affix this time. This thread doesn't get much traffic normally but the amount of talk about this last season was pitifully low. I didn't even play it because followers as an affix is lame... considering you can't use them in multiplayer.