Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Snapshotted a Level 13 (T6) game and ran a necro alt through to test. Legendary drops aren't that common but i did manage to pull 2 out of a few rifts, necro hit 50 in no time at all and was slowly leveling up afterwards. I would recommend leveling the alt to 70 first so you can put some movement gear on as travel distance is the limiting factor.

edit: got fooled by smart loot. Hit a cemetery rift with a goblin pack and pulled out 3 ethereals on my wizard but one was actually a WD. Didn't notice until i switched to WD and the same one dropped. 10/21 for the achieve so far and finished season journey P888

Last edited:

Malakriss

Blizzard RNG at its finest, finished 21/21 Ethereals with the following drops required:

Mained DH
4 Necro (1 from smart loot after finished)
4 Wizard
7 WD (1 from smart loot to start)
11 Crusader (1 from smart loot to start)
10 Barb (2 from smart loot after finished)
9 Monk

45 drops for 18 unique items, getting the 2nds weren't hard it was always the 3rd

Malakriss

Noon eastern - US servers shit the bed. I ran a regular rift for frags and it was smoother than last night, loaded up a GR for top gem upgrades, clicked empowered for $130M, got 3 seconds in and... connection was terminated.

Malakriss

People are cheezing puzzle rings on Level 5-10 Normal for Ethereal drops now. Ignore all enemies and go straight to Greed for 2 guaranteed legendaries, since you're at such a pitifully low level the drop rate is 50%+

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've only found 2 puzzle rings and somewhere in the p700's, seems like an annoying way to farm legendaries.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finished season on monday. I just dont have a reason to play personally after that, grinding GRs and paragon isn't fun to me. The season opening and doing entire seasons journey for pet and such is just enough goals before I start to get bored.

The power creep is getting real in this game. Shocked they haven't added more torment levels and GR levels. Every season seems to make characters stronger.

In that playtime, I got 8 ethereals, all monk(what I was playing) though a few copies of powers.

SeanDoe1z1

Season opener is good for some on demand fun. But I stop right around that first gr70 and a that auto primal is a rando throwaway.

Really hope d4 takes best of d3 and d2. I know d3 gets a lot of hate but some of the early seasons were fun as hell.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finished season on monday. I just dont have a reason to play personally after that, grinding GRs and paragon isn't fun to me. The season opening and doing entire seasons journey for pet and such is just enough goals before I start to get bored.

The power creep is getting real in this game. Shocked they haven't added more torment levels and GR levels. Every season seems to make characters stronger.

In that playtime, I got 8 ethereals, all monk(what I was playing) though a few copies of powers.
I doubt they make more torments. What percentage of the player base do you think has hit 150 solo? I know I haven't even come close. I get bored and peace out usually around 125ish.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

I'm at the point where I need to get a better Ethereal upgrade for DH/monk or else I'm just grinding paragon and gem levels until one does.

T16 is only GR75 so they could easily release up to T21 if they wanted to. But that would only raise the amount of bounty mats and gold from regular rifts, the dynamic doesn't change.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt they make more torments. What percentage of the player base do you think has hit 150 solo? I know I haven't even come close. I get bored and peace out usually around 125ish.

GR I can see, because not many last that long to get there(though its getting shorter and shorter to do). But torment levels? Everyone reaches 16 I assume and with the power creep its basically a joke once you have your gift.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like Mala said, all adding torment does is accelerate your GR progress. More keys, more mats, more DBs. If you don't increase the GR there is no reason.

Though if you increase both, you hit the Mythic Dungeon issue where you are just artificially increasing a number just to have a higher number.

Malakriss

I've only found 2 puzzle rings and somewhere in the p700's, seems like an annoying way to farm legendaries.
RNG dependent as you rift but if you want to farm puzzle rings specifically there's 4 classes (DH, WD, Monk, Crusader) who only have 3 legendary rings at level 31-33. Level an alt to that range and spam your blood shards at kadala.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Follower changes from last season pumped up your key and db drops since they can wear sages and cains.

My drop luck this season has been dogshit.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't played in 5 seasons id guess, really liked the follower changes. Went from DB's being the short stack every time to being flush on everything and really just comes down to sharding legs. Definitely noticeable going from solo to group play.

Broke gr100 and happy to call it done, zero reason to chase leaderboards with people that enjoy socketing 150 level gems into their gear.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This was the shortest season I ever played and it only last two days. I was able to fully gear myself and follower within a day and the next day I started running GRs. I really got bored with this season really quickly, quit and uninstalled D3. I tried to have fun and enjoy myself but the game wasn't doing anything for me. I guess after playing D2:R/PD2 Diabol 3 feels so empty and bland to me.

Malakriss

Did a public bounty run trying to hail mary some reforges which didn't happen. I'm pretty sure the other 3 in the party were all bots and one of them got stuck on the Leoric Manor named that's behind the fake bookcase in an area that is "outside" the walls of the map. He died to skeletons multiple times until he had to revive in town and then just left the game entirely without collecting any caches

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did a public bounty run trying to hail mary some reforges which didn't happen. I'm pretty sure the other 3 in the party were all bots and one of them got stuck on the Leoric Manor named that's behind the fake bookcase in an area that is "outside" the walls of the map. He died to skeletons multiple times until he had to revive in town and then just left the game entirely without collecting any caches
Or they just sucked. I've seen lots of people leave public bounties when they were embarrassed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Bounties are the biggest reason the end game gameplay loop in D3 isn't interesting or fun. If they put the re-roll mats in Neph or GRs the game would be infinitely better to grind.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bounties are the biggest reason the end game gameplay loop in D3 isn't interesting or fun. If they put the re-roll mats in Neph or GRs the game would be infinitely better to grind.
You get so many now and they are so faceroll easy it's honestly not a big deal. The 'doubke mats for all caches' change was the greatest change in Diablo history.

As far as diablo free on Xbox, playing an ARPG on a controller is aids times 9/11. Who the fuck would choose to do that?