Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
To be clear, I have no intention of buying RoS at release. I think it's a $20 (at best) xpac that they're charging us an additional $20 to fix some of the retarded shit Jay Wilson and co. put into the game that should have been shot down at the design stage.

I too wish that D3 had actually bombed, but it didn't. I think you're going to be disappointed if you expect anything different from RoS sales figures. Obviously it won't have anywhere near a 100% attach rate, but it doesn't have to when they're selling it for $40 and there's no way in hell it had remotely close to 66% of the budget of the original game.
Attach rate? I consider it a separate product. The feature set hasn't changed that much, but they have made some progress towards the "hook", though I think it's too little too late.

I predict 2.5-3.0M digital, max. This could vary, but I think their marketing has taken a big hit from corp, as I haven't seen the same level of outreach that vanilla had.

Regardless, they aren't looking at anywhere near the 10-15M mark; nowhere close. They simply won't get there, not even 50% of that number, in the next year. Which is - in some ways - a disappointment for any Diablo fan who thinks they are moving in the right direction.

One thing that's not clear to everyone - what is it Activision is expecting (demanding) from Diablo 3, year-over-year, and how that is impacting future resources for the team. /shrug

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I love video game haters. " I played 300+ hours and bought it on multiple formats. 4/10 this game sucks." What kind of retarded masochist plays a game for hundreds of hours that they hate and then spends hours flinging their own shit at anyone with in ear shot on the forums. While D3 wasn't as good as D2 saying it sucks is just silly.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
While D3 wasn't as good as D2 saying it sucks is just silly.
I think you should examine why people care so much about the failure of D3. I can tell you that your assumptions are incorrect and that some people might add weight to this franchise that other franchises simply don't have.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think you should examine why people care so much about the failure of D3. I can tell you that your assumptions are incorrect and that some people might add weight to this franchise that other franchises simply don't have.
It seems like no matter what they did it would've never lived up to the fantasy game you have created in your head. D3 is a solid game with some flaws. Pretending it is unplayable and not worth buying is the hyperbolic rantings of someone who set their expectations far to high.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It seems like no matter what they did it would've never lived up to the fantasy game you have created in your head. D3 is a solid game with some flaws. Pretending it is unplayable and not worth buying is the hyperbolic rantings of someone who set their expectations far to high.
its not a solid game you're a fucking idiot, you are the reason we get fed shit, because to you d3 is a "solid" game.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
This post is what is wrong with the gaming community. If this game was named something other than Diablo and wasnt created by blizzard... there wouldn't even be a thread about it on these forums. Its a shallow dungeon crawler... nothing else. it has no character, no hook, a terrible story and awful level design. The one thing it does well is animations/graphics. However, even with all its faults the blizzard fanboys wont shut up about how amazing the game is and instantly attack anybody that dares speak negatively about it. It is really a credit to the Blizzard marketing/branding department - Blizzard can take a storied franchise and completely ruin it and still have gamers thank them for letting them play such a terrible game.

Clearly no one knows the exact recipe to make an engaging game like diablo2 but whatever D3 implemented was not correct. My ideal wet dream is to take the game designers from PoE and match them with the technical talent from Blizzard... They could call it Blizzard North!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You sure trolling up the place.

Wonder if people don't see that your D3 chars are stripped.

Been a while since I saw anyone so desperate to convince others their game didn't suck. Besides the pantheon community, that is.
You're quoting the wrong person if you're talking about "Trolling up the place"...

I just can't support them, that's all. Fuck that team and their shitty decisions, and they'll never get another red cent from me or any of my friends. Fucking assholes, all the way.

If you go buy Diablo 3 expecting *anything* close to the enjoyment you had with Diablo 2, well... jokes on you. No customization, no great music, unicorns still exist and they are colorful and pink, *no trading legendary items between you and a friend*, the list goes on and fucking on.

Don't be a sucker.
Did you play the game? I got quite a few legendarily and rares from friends when I was still playing... so I guess maybe you have some special restrictions/learning disabilities that prevented that?

Yeah, I already fessed to that bro. Quit living in the past. The console version is a completely different game, and I enjoyed it for what it was.

However, I should note - after we beat it (I bought it so the lady and I could play together), I haven't gone back.
"Quit living in the past" "Bitches about Diablo3 not living up to Diablo2"

I can't even tell which part of that is serious anymore. You're a caricature of your former-self.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's funny because the argument is that blizzard fanboys are ranting and raving about how this is the second coming of Christ and they go nuclear if anyone has anything remotely negative to say. It's funny, because that it's the polar opposite of what is happening. There are some people saying that it is a flawed, but ultimately fun game and anyone who reads that starts frothing at the mouth. Its really tiresome

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think flight is using a different internet than we are...
GMG is a UK company, and they sell physical copies of games within the country. You get a 404 in the US because they don't ship overseas and Blizzard doesn't use third parties at all for digital sales.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That explains that then. Also, gay, where's my 30% off discount in Blizzard's home country
tongue.png

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
Did you play the game? I got quite a few legendarily and rares from friends when I was still playing... so I guess maybe you have some special restrictions/learning disabilities that prevented that?
pretty sure he is talking about RoS where you can't trade after a 2? hour window of picking up said item. which is beyond fucking retarded for a diablo game....