Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're giving a bonus for the entire game, a legendary. Could argue that's not worth it but then again running the entire game on normal is extremely fast and you still get drops doing it. You can also run it on torment 6 and drop difficulty for bosses so they're not tedious as fuck then bump it back up.

They said they're gonna see about making bosses drop guaranteed rares though. I wouldn't be too surprised if that's added with RoS. Granted rares aren't all that great but it beats getting 4blues.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
probably because everyone who did it claimed how utterly boring it was. Not a good experience for your players. If players are enjoying doing it, ok whatever. If they are doing it because they feel they have to and not enjoying themselves, its a good thing to nerf it both for the game and the player experience.
I see you point Byr. I never tried it but I'm sure it was mind numbing. The Mira quest is probably viewed as an abuse of the quest system that they have in place for the size of the rewards and the time it takes to complete. I think the issue is for most people is that Blizz sometimes goes overboard when they nerf certain things. Blizz wants you to play the game how they want you to play it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I stopped playing with sounds turned on a while ago.

Anyone know if LootAlert is updated for the current patch?

Elerion

N00b
Are you guys seriously complaining that the best XP in the game is no longer running the same 1-room dungeon over and over again?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you guys seriously complaining that the best XP in the game is no longer running the same 1-room dungeon over and over again?
Yeah now the best XP in the game is either Khasim outpost or Captain Daltyn runs.

What a huge change for the better.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah now the best XP in the game is either Khasim outpost or Captain Daltyn runs.

What a huge change for the better.
They need to make completing an act/game a gigantic XP bonus. That's really the only way to solve this, without nerfing every quest into the ground. Which is what they ended up doing shortly after release and it sucked complete ass.

Tenks

Yeah it would be nice if you could reset an Act and do it story mode. As it sits I'm never going to reset my quests again because the prospect of doing Act2 and post-Siegebreaker Act3 is too painful.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was pissed last night, killed the butcher after reseting my quest progress (protip: don't fucking do that), 4 fucking blues and 1 rare. Fucking bullshit. Finished the act, no real bonus reward, no reason to start over in that fashion.

Malice_sl

shitlord
I was pissed last night, killed the butcher after reseting my quest progress (protip: don't fucking do that), 4 fucking blues and 1 rare. Fucking bullshit. Finished the act, no real bonus reward, no reason to start over in that fashion.
The guaranteed legendary drops are only for levels 1-59 so there is virtually no reason for a max level to reset quests unless you really want to play through the story again.

Tenks

The guaranteed legendary drops are only for levels 1-59 so there is virtually no reason for a max level to reset quests unless you really want to play through the story again.
Which is a shame. They should consider adding either guaranteed or very increased rates for bosses killed in story mode.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I made that mistake thinking I would get a legendary from the Butcher. Nope! Never again!!! I like the fact that the SK gives one even thought its being nerfed. Makes you look forward to battling that boss.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Best XP in the game was running Keeps act3 / Ghom on T5 with a wiz, barb, my DH and a monk. Holy god. Did PL 186-189 in 90 min or so. (over 700m xp). Everyone had really good gear, and their PL was 240-340. Geez.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah I redid Act 1 in order without resetting quests last weekend on T2... Butcher dropped 5 blues.

Tenks

Best XP in the game was running Keeps act3 / Ghom on T5 with a wiz, barb, my DH and a monk. Holy god. Did PL 186-189 in 90 min or so. (over 700m xp). Everyone had really good gear, and their PL was 240-340. Geez.
You can also take Superstition as a passive on your barb and stand in Ghom's gas clouds and it gives you a fuckton of fury to just slam HOTA into him