Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Todays Hotfix:

GENERAL
Experience requirements for Paragon 500 and above have been increased
Disabled sound notifications for Clan and Community chat
Bug Fixes
Gold can once again be purchased and sold on the Real Money Auction House
Items with the highest rank of "Critical Hits grant Arcane Power" affix no longer require level 61
Level 60 Crafted Amulets now properly require Fiery Brimstone to craft
Sokahr the Keywarden now reflects a more reasonable amount of damage with his whirlwind attack
The portal leading from the second Hell Rift to the Gardens of Hope 2nd Tier now functions properly
The experience bar has been removed from the Followers UI
The Siegebreaker Assault Beast no longer performs other actions during his grab attack animation

Fixed an issue that prevented players from selling items that were equipped on their character prior to the 2.0.1 update.*
Reduced the amount of experience granted by rescuing Caldeum Refugees.*
Reduced the amount of experience granted by subsequent completions of the quest associated with killing Mira Eamon.*
The game should once again automatically log you out after extended idling.*
Reduced the frequency of chest spawns in areas that were previously a little too generous.*

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They didn't remove it from old weapons, and legendaries can still have crit damage, like manticore still automatically rolls it. I'm guessing Skorn still has crit damage too.
Nope. And thank god. I want no reason to be compelled to run a fucking slow 2H build just because one item rolls a stat no other legendary can. Had enough of 2H builds pre patch.

And yes, I fully realize that comment is hypocritical because I WILL run a 1H build just for Thuderfury and Odyn Son/Fulminator. Legendary procs are fun and interesting. Crit damage isn't. Have there been any 2H weapons with "I MUST USE THIS" effects yet?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Some of the 2H have some nice effects, but their DPS rolls are all either broken or awful by design so they are unusable. Stuff like Schaefers Hammer for example has a big lightning nova type proc that does okay damage, but it rolls in the 1150-1250dps range so it's just salvage trash.

New Skorn rolls about 1200 dps etc, they are all literally unusable right now. I don't think a single one of the dozen or so I've found has broken 1300dps yet. Meanwhile my Grisworlds Triumph is 1350dps and a socket for a 1H.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't read through all the pages here but I saw that new weapons aren't rolling crit damage. Did they remove it from old weapons or leave it on? Just wondering if my Skorn is gonna be terrible now.
My legacy 1H axe still has all it's crit damage in place. My legacy amulet also has all it's pre-nerf IAS/CD/CC rolls as well.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nope. And thank god. I want no reason to be compelled to run a fucking slow 2H build just because one item rolls a stat no other legendary can. Had enough of 2H builds pre patch.

And yes, I fully realize that comment is hypocritical because I WILL run a 1H build just for Thuderfury and Odyn Son/Fulminator. Legendary procs are fun and interesting. Crit damage isn't. Have there been any 2H weapons with "I MUST USE THIS" effects yet?
Stalgards Decimator - Game Guide - Diablo IIIIs the only 2hander I found worth using at 60, had to get all +frenzy and physical gear but it throws an axe every swing which gets crazy at 5 frenzy stacks, clears rooms in seconds as the axe auto targets mobs and flies a full screen length with piercing effect.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know attack speed was nerfed, but was CD(non weapon) and CC nerfed too?

I keep looking at my gloves and bemoaning when I'll be able to upgrade them.

Malice_sl

shitlord
My legacy 1H axe still has all it's crit damage in place. My legacy amulet also has all it's pre-nerf IAS/CD/CC rolls as well.
I got a new Manticore 2H a day or two after the patch, it has like 521 dex, and crit damage too but only 35%. Nowhere near the 75-100% Manticores were rolling in the past.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Kridershot, but that's a bow. Maybe the Diabo that lowers Seven Sided Strike cooldown by 50%.

The DPS on 2handed melee weapon is really stupidly low though.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So what's this Skeleton King thing people are talking about? Something about every time you use the "reset quest" feature you are guaranteed a legendary drop even at 60?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So what's this Skeleton King thing people are talking about? Something about every time you use the "reset quest" feature you are guaranteed a legendary drop even at 60?
Yes, to be fixed at a later date (if not already fixed). The free* legendary was supposed to drop from Diablo. Instead, it drops from Leoric.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought Skeleton King was bugged and always gave one Legendary no matter what level (when resetting quests)?
Because of running efficient routes. Doing story mode is not running efficient routes so they need to add some incentive to keep the legendary:hour ratio in check.
Story mode doesn't really need to be boosted though, it's just that, story mode. Remember that in RoS you have adventure mode to farm anyway, so there's no real need to make story mode anything different than just having the cutscenes and the quests and all that shit. It's meant to be done once(or more if you want to see the various characters voice acting) and then you farm your shit in adventure mode.
As far as yesterday skeleton king was still guaranteed dropping a legendary after a full clear. And it has to be a full clear of the game, you have to get every checkpoint for every quest. Blizzard originally was going to nerf this, but I suggested they should leave it in because it gives you a nice incentive to either do story mode for a change of pace or be a nice reward for boosting a friend through the game, its all boa so why does it matter, and said if anything they should move the guaranteed legendary to diablo so it would feel kind of epic, every time you kill diablo you get a guaranteed legendary. So blizzard has decided to do just that. One legendary for a full clear doesn't sound like much, but you have to take into consideration you will have jack wagons clearing the story on normal and jacking it up to torment just for the diablo kill, if you do that I'm guessing it'll take about 90 minutes a clear/diablo kill so you may as well just farm regular methods. Its not intended to be the best looting method, it just a nice alternative.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Stalgards Decimator - Game Guide - Diablo IIIIs the only 2hander I found worth using at 60, had to get all +frenzy and physical gear but it throws an axe every swing which gets crazy at 5 frenzy stacks, clears rooms in seconds as the axe auto targets mobs and flies a full screen length with piercing effect.
I got this on my crusader during RoS beta, it was so good even though it was like lvl 50 since I found it while lvling.

Sadly though about the 2H "situation", I don't know if they'll change it because of crusaders being able to use 2H in one hand. Makes sense then for them to be equal DPS, even though that means pretty much any non crusader won't use a 2H almost ever because of it. They could have instead added a penalty on the passive to even it out but I don't know.

There's some semi decent 2H weapons though, there's a mace that gives a random law and switch every minute(laws are like crusader mantras, basically all resist, armor, attackspeed or life regen aura or whatever they were I already forgot), another that still does % damage like the old crushing blow mechanic(up to 8% max health procs, which on a frenzy stacked attack speed barb could end up fairly broken), a daibo that reduces 7sided strikes cd by 50%(with further cdr including the talent I think you could probably drop it down to like 7-8secs cooldown, and considering you're invulnerable while using it...) and then a bunch of caster staves but those are a different matter.

But yeah pretty much 2H are for Crusaders to use with a shield in RoS, other classes probably won't bother unless the legendary has a very specific effect that they absolutely want but a lot of them are weak or can be switched with something else(for example Stalgards is nice but if you dual wield a thunderfury+another proc weapon you're gonna get similar/better results anyway).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I got this on my crusader during RoS beta, it was so good even though it was like lvl 50 since I found it while lvling.

Sadly though about the 2H "situation", I don't know if they'll change it because of crusaders being able to use 2H in one hand. Makes sense then for them to be equal DPS, even though that means pretty much any non crusader won't use a 2H almost ever because of it. They could have instead added a penalty on the passive to even it out but I don't know.

There's some semi decent 2H weapons though, there's a mace that gives a random law and switch every minute(laws are like crusader mantras, basically all resist, armor, attackspeed or life regen aura or whatever they were I already forgot), another that still does % damage like the old crushing blow mechanic(up to 8% max health procs, which on a frenzy stacked attack speed barb could end up fairly broken), a daibo that reduces 7sided strikes cd by 50%(with further cdr including the talent I think you could probably drop it down to like 7-8secs cooldown, and considering you're invulnerable while using it...) and then a bunch of caster staves but those are a different matter.

But yeah pretty much 2H are for Crusaders to use with a shield in RoS, other classes probably won't bother unless the legendary has a very specific effect that they absolutely want but a lot of them are weak or can be switched with something else(for example Stalgards is nice but if you dual wield a thunderfury+another proc weapon you're gonna get similar/better results anyway).
They just need to add a passive bonus to 2handers. Like +100% crit dmg or something.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
One of these JUST dropped for me. It dropped on my Wizard, but I took one look at it and knew I could use it with frenzy/sidearm. I gave it a whirl, and it is way more powerful than I was expecting. From that alone I can derp through T2 and if I play well do T3 with pretty average gear otherwise. I'll have to check when EU comes back up but I think it was a pretty decent roll too, 1334.9 (so close to 1337!) dps and 347% damage on the proc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They just need to add a passive bonus to 2handers. Like +100% crit dmg or something.
That wouldn't be near enough. Here's the issues, now I might be wrong on some of them cause I haven't really delved into mechanics of this game that much as I played it pretty casually but still:
DW gets a 15% speed bonus for free. That's to compensate for not having a shield, however no one uses shields anymore anyway so...
DW can use 2 weapon sockets, which is like 140% crit dmg in RoS and 100ish % atm, but also up to 20% damage done to elites with diamonds(which is a solid alternative if you're not doing a crit heavy build especially with crit % seemingly being nerfed a lot).
DW can get 2 legendary effects, including procs or passive shit and in some rare cases fill up 2 set slots(not that many sets with weapons but still)
Life Gain on Hit proc coefficient only take into account skills and not weapon speed, which makes it heavily skewed toward fast weapons like 1H and even more so due to the first point, the speed bonus for DWing. With lifesteal gone(which scaled only on damage done so speed had no effect) that makes DW way superior at sustaining itself

For 2H to be worth using you'd need to compensate for at least 2 or 3 of these for them to be worth using I'd say. You also get locked into shitty animations longer.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That wouldn't be near enough. Here's the issues, now I might be wrong on some of them cause I haven't really delved into mechanics of this game that much as I played it pretty casually but still:
DW gets a 15% speed bonus for free. That's to compensate for not having a shield, however no one uses shields anymore anyway so...
DW can use 2 weapon sockets, which is like 140% crit dmg in RoS and 100ish % atm, but also up to 20% damage done to elites with diamonds(which is a solid alternative if you're not doing a crit heavy build especially with crit % seemingly being nerfed a lot).
DW can get 2 legendary effects, including procs or passive shit and in some rare cases fill up 2 set slots(not that many sets with weapons but still)
Life Gain on Hit proc coefficient only take into account skills and not weapon speed, which makes it heavily skewed toward fast weapons like 1H and even more so due to the first point, the speed bonus for DWing. With lifesteal gone(which scaled only on damage done so speed had no effect) that makes DW way superior at sustaining itself

For 2H to be worth using you'd need to compensate for at least 2 or 3 of these for them to be worth using I'd say. You also get locked into shitty animations longer.
Well if they have 2handers have enough raw DPS above 1handers it will help as currently it averages between the two 1handers. So having a 1100 and 1300 1hander is really a 1200dps weapon. I think they need an inherent +crit damage (big weapons hit harder?) as well as maybe two sockets or a socket multiplier of 1.5 or some shit. The way they previously had 2handers be viable was just fucking crazy procs. They may just continue that route.