Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Hake_sl

shitlord
I saw a few legendaries with really cool and creative effects, effects that are so extrem that they completely change the gameplay. And I like that a lot
smile.png

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure it can roll 2 sockets.

At any rate I mostly agree with that imgur thing. I've gotten a bunch of legendaries, but they've all been terrible. Things like hats without crit chance or socket, weapons without socket, rings without a single of the trifecta stats, etc.
Got this today. My first green.
frown.png

rrr_img_62283.jpg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I think secondary stats need to change. I swear 3/4 of my 2.0 items have +monster experience on them. The other half probably have increase pickup radius. Is there only a pool of like 3 secondary stats to choose from? They always make me feel like it's wasted potential on an item, even though I know it's supposed to be the "extra" stat budget that doesn't change the item power.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Level 70 items should have 7 affixes instead of 6 and there really need to knock off the required 4 primary 2 secondary bullshit. Other than that it's simply based on a limited stat pool.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You know, I think that any one of us could knock out 10 interesting legendary designs in an hour that just need a balance guy to go over the numbers on. What the fuck do they do all day in Blizzard HQ?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think you underestimate that balancing part. If you watched early RoS beta, there were some hilariously broken legendaries. Solanium, for example, used to have 10x the proc chance. Whole screens just filled with health globes.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
At the very least, let's knock off the D2 nostalgia shit, yet again. I know you didn't post the graphic. But it doesn't help your argument to make false comparisons. You think the loot is shit? Your arguments should be able to stand on their own without making comparisons to another game.

*should* they be bland? No, of course not. But by comparison, they are going to be. If Blizzard was able to make every orange and green piece of loot knock your socks off, they'd have the game of the century. It's a near impossibility to design loot that varied, interesting, unique, and most importantly, useful. That deadmau5 amulet is interesting and unique, looks like fun loot. Not that useful though.
Where did I ever compare to another game? That was you, not me. The argument that most of the legendaries are bad and/or bland stands on its own, because the vast majority of them are. How many have you looted since the patch? How many have you actually used?

Xevy

Log Wizard
As a monk if it doesn't have dex/vit/AR or PR as 3 rolls, there's a much MUCH slimmer chance I'm going to want it. So that leaves 3 rolls left which i usually hope for skilldmg/elementaldmg/critchance for most things. The 'your character' stat (dex/str/int) shouldn't count as a roll since it's always fucking there.

penalty_sl

shitlord
I like how hes comparing items in d3 to items like enigma or windforce. Do you know how rare it was to actually find jah and ber runes to make an enigma? We were all spoiled by the dupers and people running MF bots making those items extremely easy to get. I played LoD for years and I only found a few high end runes. Never found a CoA either.

I'll take the d3 loot system over d2 loot system any day.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Where did I ever compare to another game? That was you, not me. The argument that most of the legendaries are bad and/or bland stands on its own, because the vast majority of them are. How many have you looted since the patch? How many have you actually used?
At any rate I mostly agree with that imgur thing.
You do know we can go back and read your previous posts?

How many? I'm not sure, but I'm going to guess I've used a quarter of them. For how many I've gotten, I'd say that's a pretty good usage rate. And I have a fair amount just sitting there for "if I spec this", or "if I get this other item". Easily over half of my legendaries become usable with a reroll of one affix.

As I said earlier, they can either be mostly really good and drop sparingly, or have some lesser quality ones and drop more often. You cannot judge the items in a vacuum, context is important, and you're ignoring it completely. That is why your argument fails.

Twilering

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking back to whyD2 mod Median XL itemswere so interesting. It's because each weapon and almost every armor piece had an on attack/kill/strike proc effect. Another interesting affix were Reanimates that summon minions for you after killing enemies. And then there was crushing blow, +elemental damage, -enemy elemental resists, +skills, uncapped +movement speed, oskills(cast-able skills you gain only when wearing this item). When you have this many affixes, it's a lot more fun to mix and match armor sets with skills.

Adding area damage, reduced cooldown, reduced resource cost in 2.0 helps, but there's still too many legendaries that are just so boring. Maybe when the 2nd expansion adds another 3-4 affixes, the items will reach a point where they're complicated enough to be interesting.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You know, I think that any one of us could knock out 10 interesting legendary designs in an hour that just need a balance guy to go over the numbers on. What the fuck do they do all day in Blizzard HQ?
I think the problem with unique items is that you have to create a whole new graphic, and item effects for them, with the latter needing a lot of testing, especially the more unique effects. It's easier to just piece together existing effects so you have a pretty good idea of the item's power.

Does anyone have any idea why do we even have so inflated stats in the first place ? I was trying to figure that one out and the only idea that seems sane is that they are leftovers from when they were allowing people to assign stat points so they made them really powerful just so we don't end up with another "str for gear, dex for block, rest vit" ala D2 and never went back on that.

That graphic's creator needs to shot, it would be only worse if it was written in comic sans. The game is pretty playable, maybe in 6 months when we have stashes full of legendaries we will be complaining about imba shit, but that simply doesn't apply right now.

Median XL absolutely nailed it, I loved it but I question the ability of an average player to understand an item with more lines than McDonald's menu.

Hake_sl

shitlord
I think secondary stats need to change. I swear 3/4 of my 2.0 items have +monster experience on them. The other half probably have increase pickup radius. Is there only a pool of like 3 secondary stats to choose from? They always make me feel like it's wasted potential on an item, even though I know it's supposed to be the "extra" stat budget that doesn't change the item power.
Not only it's always the same secondary stats, but also the numbers are super low.. +80 exp. per monster ? wtf...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Secondary stats can be rerolled. Every monk will try to reroll their secondary stats into their OWE stat type. Everyone else will probably try for PR, health globes or gold.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just got back into d3 myself and ive had meh luck with legendaries - So im wondering is the best setting to farm them on T1 or what? Also how do the legendaries actually differ on one setting from another?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You do know we can go back and read your previous posts?

How many? I'm not sure, but I'm going to guess I've used a quarter of them. For how many I've gotten, I'd say that's a pretty good usage rate. And I have a fair amount just sitting there for "if I spec this", or "if I get this other item". Easily over half of my legendaries become usable with a reroll of one affix.

As I said earlier, they can either be mostly really good and drop sparingly, or have some lesser quality ones and drop more often. You cannot judge the items in a vacuum, context is important, and you're ignoring it completely. That is why your argument fails.
You're grasping at major straws here. Because I agree that items are bland and bad doesn't mean I'm comparing to D2 with some nostalgia and oh my god games where so much better. No, items are just bad.

Most of the legendaries just aren't even usable, they don't even meet a baseline for usability. Half of them don't even have unique effects. We could start making them usable by having some mandatory stats. Like a socket on weapon, crit chance on hat/bracers. We could get rid of half the 2h's. That's just to start in an easy way that actually makes the tag mean something.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're grasping at major straws here. Because I agree that items are bland and bad doesn't mean I'm comparing to D2 with some nostalgia and oh my god games where so much better. No, items are just bad.

Most of the legendaries just aren't even usable, they don't even meet a baseline for usability. Half of them don't even have unique effects. We could start making them usable by having some mandatory stats. Like a socket on weapon, crit chance on hat/bracers. We could get rid of half the 2h's. That's just to start in an easy way that actually makes the tag mean something.
The sockets I believe come with the expansion. Players can augment items in the expansion, so that will help a little bit. I do agree though that at the moment only sets and certain drops feel legendary. Most of the regular legendaries are shard bait. Bracers have crit chance. I just crafted some nice ones actually. In fact, crafting makes things to simple.

To be fair the problem I am having in this game is that there is no incentive to play more difficult modes. I can get the exact same items on torment 1 as I can on Torment 6. Why do I care about paragon levels if my character already stomps through the content that rewards me the best? ROS I imagine with the different play modes will solve some of that problem, but it would be great to have unique and powerful drops come off named mobs on Torment 5-6 that gives incentive and a reason to play beyond a certain point. Certain extremely powerful items should only drop off extremely challenging play modes. I hope ROS does this or this game will be worse than it was before 2.0.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I just got back into d3 myself and ive had meh luck with legendaries - So im wondering is the best setting to farm them on T1 or what? Also how do the legendaries actually differ on one setting from another?
T1/2/3 farming depends on your DPS. IIRC legendaries remain the same, but the chance drop increases with difficulty in Torment.