Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's not even that though, having the ability to hook up your bro who just started playing with some old gear is always a nice thing. Or if your buddy decided to make a wizard, you're a wizard with a lot of extra gear, toss it his way. etc.
Fuck random trades, it just completely nullifies your ability to gear up a friend etc.
Can you still technically do that with rares ? But yeah, the new system is pretty weird, it gives you some perspective on how horrible buying your upgrades on AH was when we look at gutting trading as an imporvement.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Note that some trading will still happen, to craft a 70 legendary you need a white version of the base item, and considering how many item types there are and how rarely white loot drops, it'll be pretty hard to get the specific ones you need just from playing the game. Most people will just auto-salvage all white loot they get, too, so there's not going to be a big supply of these. Eacg legendary also needs drops from a specific boss to craft, so people will trade those as well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty pleased with the Hellfire Ring I got the other day... is this a good roll? I guess I can reroll the extra gold at lv70.
Blackfyre - Community - Diablo III
I'd say having both life% and vit is a bit of a waste, would have been a lot better with a DPS stat like crit on it instead, but eh. You probably won't be using it at 70 anyway, and I'd probably reroll the life% than the gold personally, gold is useful and so gold find might actually be useful too in ros.

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
Note that some trading will still happen, to craft a 70 legendary you need a white version of the base item, and considering how many item types there are and how rarely white loot drops, it'll be pretty hard to get the specific ones you need just from playing the game. Most people will just auto-salvage all white loot they get, too, so there's not going to be a big supply of these. Eacg legendary also needs drops from a specific boss to craft, so people will trade those as well.
The boss parts are bind to account.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guys, I have no idea why but for the last two days whenever I load up D3 it totally screws my computer to hell. I'm talking serious internet lag in and outside the game. It also makes my programs start taking massive amounts of resources to the point that I have to reset my computer to make it go back to normal. I tried every other game that is loaded on my computer and none of them make this happen. What the fuck is it doing?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guys, I have no idea why but for the last two days whenever I load up D3 it totally screws my computer to hell. I'm talking serious internet lag in and outside the game. It also makes my programs start taking massive amounts of resources to the point that I have to reset my computer to make it go back to normal. I tried every other game that is loaded on my computer and none of them make this happen. What the fuck is it doing?
Blizzard Agent might be fucked up. It used to fuck me over real bad when D3 originally came out. I apparently had an out of date Agent and it would just act like it was downloading something, but afaik it wasn't.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This happens to me if I leave a VM open. Doubt you're in this case, but if you are -- try shutting down your VM.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well, I got pretty lucky tonight. Met some people that were unloading stuff from the AH that they couldn't sell, and they gave me some pretty good gear now.

Have 130 dps on my WD, and have jumped from torment 3 to torment 5 for COTA.

Although will probly stay at torment 3 because it's way quicker.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I read up on the Hellfire Machines finally, I see you need 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor to get things to drop, how do I go about getting 5 stacks of it? I assume I just need to start the encounter with 5 stacks or I need it when the bosses die?

Juvarisx

Florida
That is old information you do not need that anymore. Just start a game minimum of Torment 1 and farm away.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's not even that though, having the ability to hook up your bro who just started playing with some old gear is always a nice thing. Or if your buddy decided to make a wizard, you're a wizard with a lot of extra gear, toss it his way. etc.
Fuck random trades, it just completely nullifies your ability to gear up a friend etc.
You can still give them a giant ruby to socket in their weapon and they'll just plow through all the content. Then once they're max level gear upgrades rain from the sky.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh nice, thanks! Is it still only specific bosses or just any?
There is a keywarden in each act that drops that act's key. All of them are big purple mobs with Keywarden in their name. You'll know when you see one.
Act 1 - Fields of Misery
Act 2 - Dalgur Oasis
Act 3 - Stonefort

It used to be that the Act 4 warden dropped the machine plans, which you only need to get once. I'm not sure if that is still the case or if you can buy them from Squirt in Act 2 (someone mentioned that the other day).

Here's a wiki about it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh nice, thanks! Is it still only specific bosses or just any?
There are three keywardens, one in Act 1 Fields of Misery, one in Act 2 Dahlguar Oasis, and one in Act 3 Stonefort. There is also a keywarden in Act 4 Silver Spire level 1 that drops the infernal machine recipe and a chance to drop any of the other three keys.

The wiki Haast linked is pretty outdated since it talks about NV and Monster Power, but the locations are accurate. I think Squirt sells the Hellfire Ring recipe, not the Infernal Machine plans. Those still drop and they dropped for me the first time I killed the Act 4 keywarden post 2.0.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know I'm late to the party, particularly with the ah closing down, but the demon's skin plan is pretty amazing. I thought I had a pretty good belt, but was able to roll an even better one with the plan + bonus to my primary attack, it can roll both up to, I believe, 350 primary stat and vit as mine rolled 334 dex and 323 vit. Also, the bracers roll 15-20% elemental damage bonus instead of the 10-15% on the razorspikes.

Elerion

N00b
The act 4 keywarden seems to have the same key drop rate as the act 1-3 wardens, but it is random which one you get. As the zone is relatively quick to clear, and you don't have to argue with your pals about which keywarden you should farm, it's generally the only warden we farm when we're grouped. If you end up with a drought of a specific key, you can go farm that one solo to fill in the gaps. You'll want lots of machines anyway.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Glad the AH is gone. It was getting a little stressful trying to buy everything I wanted for achievements/recipes/etc and selling off everything else before it closed. Now just to grind away some paragon levels and level a few more hardcores to 60.