Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Neph_sl

shitlord
I haven't had the time to sit down and play through Act V until this morning...

No ending CGI? WTF? That's half the reason I buy any Blizzard game.

What's up with Tyreal musing about the hero being corrupted in the future? Seems like a weird premise for the next expansion.

I played through with a Wizard and it was pretty awesome seeing the D2 Sorceress (Isendra) in Pandemonium. She trains the D3 Wizard, but is killed by an assassin in between D2 and D3. Can anyone spoil who visits the other classes? I've tried googling around, but I couldn't find much other than the names of who each class talks to (based on their achievements): Barb = ''the Guardian", Crusader = "Master Crusader", Demon Hunter = "Halissa", Monk = "the Patriarch", Witch Doctor = "Enkasi". I'm guessing that these are just the teachers of the other classes, but are the named ones D2 classes?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No, it drops all of the block chance gained. Works exactly like sharpshooter.
Didn't someone say a few days ago that sharpshooter technically never drops to 0 and always leaves you at 4%? Think this one is a lot shittier though, but you do get a pretty good blessed shield burst if it's stacked, with shield bash though by the time you reach the target you probably block some shit and it's wasted.

Neph, spoilers:
Hallissa is the female DH little sister(maybe male too? not sure) who died when they were young because she got possessed by demons, she died in front of the DH which is what motivated her to become a DH. For the Crusader, it's simply her master, the previous crusader that wore the name, the only "interesting" part is that when you receive powers from other spirits, they're all the crusaders that wore your name, instead of random shmucks. Haven't done others

Chris

Potato del Grande

What's up with Tyreal musing about the hero being corrupted in the future? Seems like a weird premise for the next expansion.

I played through with a Wizard and it was pretty awesome seeing the D2 Sorceress (Isendra) in Pandemonium. She trains the D3 Wizard, but is killed by an assassin in between D2 and D3. Can anyone spoil who visits the other classes? I've tried googling around, but I couldn't find much other than the names of who each class talks to (based on their achievements): Barb = ''the Guardian", Crusader = "Master Crusader", Demon Hunter = "Halissa", Monk = "the Patriarch", Witch Doctor = "Enkasi". I'm guessing that these are just the teachers of the other classes, but are the named ones D2 classes?
Wow I didn't get that it was the D2 Sorc. So that means that she was killed by the D2 Assassin?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't someone say a few days ago that sharpshooter technically never drops to 0 and always leaves you at 4%? Think this one is a lot shittier though, but you do get a pretty good blessed shield burst if it's stacked, with shield bash though by the time you reach the target you probably block some shit and it's wasted.

Neph, spoilers:
Hallissa is the female DH little sister(maybe male too? not sure) who died when they were young because she got possessed by demons, she died in front of the DH which is what motivated her to become a DH. For the Crusader, it's simply her master, the previous crusader that wore the name, the only "interesting" part is that when you receive powers from other spirits, they're all the crusaders that wore your name, instead of random shmucks. Haven't done others
Yeah, ss resets to 4.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Why is the crafting in this game always so fucking stupid? The number of blue crafting mats shit requires is just absurd, and stuff doesn't drop in the quantities that it used to pre-2.0.

These guys are such fucking morons I swear.

-edit- After looking over the entire list, it's entirely possible some of them are bugged. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the mat costs across the entire list. My legendary bracers use 120 of the blue mats, the Sovereign bracers use 60, and most other things tend to use 12 or fewer. Then one thing uses 45 of the yellow mats. Whatever.

Elerion

N00b

Monk:
You meet Patriarch Whatshisface, who is apparently the Monk's old teacher / master. She calls him "father", but I'm guessing that is honorary and not literal. The patriarchs are the leaders of the monk order (The Act 1 intro video goes: "I must carry out the will of the patriarchs, I am their eyes, where they wish to strike I am their fist", etc).

The Monk is surprised that Patriarch Whatshisface is dead, as she saw him only weeks ago. He says the reapers (iirc) came to them and killed him and several other patriarchs in the meantime. After killing the guardian by the soul prison, a bunch of patriarchs pop up Obi Wan Kenobi style and grant you the power to kill Malthael. They don't say anything interesting.

I'm no expert on Diablo lore, but as far as I could remember the character had never been introduced before that point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wow I didn't get that it was the D2 Sorc. So that means that she was killed by the D2 Assassin?
I think it's based on the short story that's on the website. In it, the D3 Wizard is taken as an apprentice by I assume the D2 sorc and later surpasses her(the title Wizard is one given only to the most powerful mages/sorceresses). She is however killed by an Assassin sent by the mage guildmaster because she tried to cast a spell that fucked up an entire town. Interestingly, the assassin is then sent after the D3 Wizard, after she's left for Tristram to investigate the Falling Star. I don't believe it's the same assassin as the one in D2 though but I don't know the backstory, it's a special assassin group that's only goal is to eliminate mages, to keep that shit under control.

The DH also follows the backstory on the website.

The monk backstory seems to be unrelated to the monk character, he mentions one monk of much higher rank was sent to Tristram in it. The WD one is also unrelated, the Barbarian I haven't read again(I was bored so I read most of them the other day before RoS release) so not sure.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Does Lyndon's story really just end with "oh lol I killed your brother --her husband/your ex"? Or am I missing another piece?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't believe it's the same assassin as the one in D2 though but I don't know the backstory, it's a special assassin group that's only goal is to eliminate mages, to keep that shit under control.
Do you mean that the assassin in D2 is from a special assassin group or the one in the short story? Because the D2 assassin was from "a special assassin group that's only goal is to eliminate mages, to keep that shit under control".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you mean that the assassin in D2 is from a special assassin group or the one in the short story? Because the D2 assassin was from "a special assassin group that's only goal is to eliminate mages, to keep that shit under control".
Oh yeah meant I didn't know the backstory of the D2 assassin, so then it's very possible it's the very same assassin that killed the D2 sorc and is now after the D3 wizard. Or her apprentice, whichever.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Seems likely that the D2 assassin killed the sorc then.

Do the other classes (other than Wiz) have Tyreal questioning their power? If not, then could the Wizard be the baddie for the next expansion?

Chris

Potato del Grande
A big dissapointment in this game is how the D2 heroes have been treated. The D1 heroes are all corrupted bosses in D2 (Blood Raven = Rogue, The Summoner = Mage, The Dark Wanderer = Warrior).

I would also expect more cameos unless I missed something other than Wariv's corpse which I only found last week. Asheara is not really the most memorable of characters - the only thing about her is that she was nearly naked with a giant snake... which they fucking missed out. How can you go to the locations of the towns in Act 1, 4 and 5 and not have a single cameo from them?

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
A big dissapointment in this game is how the D2 heroes have been treated. The D1 heroes are all corrupted bosses in D2 (Blood Raven = Rogue, The Summoner = Mage, The Dark Wanderer = Warrior).

I would also expect more cameos unless I missed something other than Wariv's corpse which I only found last week. Asheara is not really the most memorable of characters - the only thing about her is that she was nearly naked with a giant snake... which they fucking missed out. How can you go to the locations of the towns in Act 1, 4 and 5 and not have a single cameo from them?
The Necromancer had a random spawn event!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Heaven's Fury with Fires of Heaven isn't so bad after testing it a bit, plays like DH Cluster. Kinda need to run both Righteousness(for bigger wrath pool) and Long Arm of the Law(for Unstoppable Law of Valor) but with Judgement and Shield Glare Zealous to refill, you can basically pop any elites in one big burst. Feels much better than everything else I've tested to kill elites with. For the small shit I just use Condemn with Eternal rune and use the nukes without the rest of the cooldowns. Main downside is the 45secs cd on Laws, but I do like how it melts shit instantly. It's a very cost efficient spender, it's just also very expensive so a bit clunky but after using Cluster Arrow without Cindercoat for a long time it's really not that bad. Considering crafting the Reaper's Wraps and hope I get str+crit or holy, but apparently the material from Malthael is bugged and doesn't drop as much as it should so might not do that until hotfix.