Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...20?page=18#345

Blue Response but was not in the legendary "workaround" thread. But still debunks it none-the-less

Hey all!

For clarity, items and their stats are determined at the time that they're generated in the game world. In most situations, this is when the item physically drops (like from a monster, a chest, or a destructible). In cases where there isn't a physical drop, items and their stats are determined as soon the game creates them. For example, items from Kadala are generated as soon as they're purchased. Item types, stats, drops rates, etc. are not determined, or pre-determined, upon creation of a character nor is that kind of information stored in some sort of seed on the character itself.

It's important to keep in mind that random != uniform or equal distribution. It's completely natural for random systems to included clusters, and for the human brain to interpret those clusters as patterns (even where there are none).

Thanks for the discussion, though! Theories like this are always interesting, and of course can yield great feedback on and insight into potential related issues.
smile.png
I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread up, though, since the theory isn't actually accurate and I'd like to help curb some of the misinformation.

In parting, for your trouble, I'll leave you with this:Heads - YouTube

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
I've rerolled my legendary neck 34 times now trying to get crit damage on it. That's 306 emeralds and 34 forgotten souls. Very close to giving up at this point.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
The blues can't even figure out what items do or do not drop from Kadala. Amusing that they would cite her drop system to debunk a theory about loot generation.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my RORG, and now I'm not sure where to begin re-rolling my set items. Any advice appreciated:

Arcane - Community - Diablo III

I've also got a Firebird helm and boots, and Blackthorn Chest, boots, 2 belts and an amulet. I cant see giving up my Cindercoat, String of Ears or Fire Walkers though.

I feel like the Mirrorball Blizzard to Magic Missile is the most obvious.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I finally got a level 70 MLW to drop but it was dogshit. I need an Arcane SoJ so fucking bad now.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
What are the good solo T4+ classes these days?
Guess it depend on gear? My crusader can solo t5 no problem atm, soloed malth on t6, and while t6 farm is very doable at my gear lvl, still think i need couple few pieces to make it worth it time wise.
Geared barb is another class, that can easily do t6, monk i guess as well. WD pet build. Not too sure about paper classes like dh/wiz, i mean its not they lack dps, but they are also very fragile.

In the end i guess its all about what work for you, and what u think is an efficent way to farm (some ppl dont mind dieing multiple times as far they can clear decently fast etc). For a solo point of view, amongst the 4 classes that i currently play (barb, wd, crus and wiz) crus is the one i feel more comfortable soloing higher torment (do not have a barb with quake set and jumping boots tho eheh).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Crusader if you have Jaken, even better with Gryf. WD basically facerolls the game with a few pieces of pet gear. Barb can do fine if you have 4piece IK or lutsocks + earthquake set. I assume DH can as well once they have cindercoat+fire damage stacked.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It would be extremely easy to debunk the RNG bloke's theory: join a low-level game and gamble something that, according to him, shouldn't be possible. His theories sound ridiculous and aren't backed by any kind of proof, but despite how simple it should be to disprove it, nobody seems to have tried.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Part of the theory was you get 1-5 items on each item types on your loot table. Some dude already spent a few hours in a low level game + gambling and got 6 different types of helms. That debunks part of his shit as being dumb assumption.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It would be extremely easy to debunk the RNG bloke's theory: join a low-level game and gamble something that, according to him, shouldn't be possible. His theories sound ridiculous and aren't backed by any kind of proof, but despite how simple it should be to disprove it, nobody seems to have tried.
That's not the theory. Probably not true at this point, probably would have heard some sort of confirmation from those testing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So is DIII significantly more awesome now with the expansion? I've been considering picking it up.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was funny to see people getting all worked up over an obvious bot, even so we had people test it and debunked it in minutes.

Sunday is just the day I played a ton without interruptions, usually that means more chances at set loot. More time = more chances loot, I think I might have found something here.

Elerion

N00b
So is DIII significantly more awesome now with the expansion? I've been considering picking it up.
It's significantly more awesome for a while, because the content is more varied, the builds are more interesting and the loot is significantly better suited for a self-found playstyle. Depending on your love of farming for +betterer loot, fatigue may set in anywhere from 10 to 200 hours later.