Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Whats stopping the tin foil brigade from diving in and filling ther inventory with end game items like your boy posted if his theory even works in some sort of way?
Time might have a lot to do with it.
This method still takes a lot of time. Just less than hoping a piece randomly drops.

Depends on the class too. This method does very little for my crusader. I don't want cindercoat or magefists. I want an andy's visage, but I don't consider it worth the time for anything 60+ since the game's possible loot table is pretty bloated by then anyway. I might attempt trying this out for a better Jekangbord, but that's about it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If his theory was correct they'd patch it. They didn't, so I don't believe him. I also haven't seen anyone else claiming this works.
Good. Fixing this fucked up implementation should be the end goal. If it exists, that it still exists should probably point to it not being a simple fix.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If his theory was correct they'd patch it. They didn't, so I don't believe him. I also haven't seen anyone else claiming this works.
IF it is how it works, it's more than a hotfix to get rid of it. There would be an underlying system of how the game determines potential legendary/set drops. IF that is the case, it stands to reason there may have been a software/hardware related reason for it (although honestly that seems less likely than just some designer being an idiot), which would require work to overhaul. The quick 'fix' would be to make gambling give items of the current games' level I guess, but all that would do is make everyone think TealDawn is right and 'fix' the wrong part of the problem.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good. Fixing this fucked up implementation should be the end goal. If it exists, that it still exists should probably point to it not being a simple fix.
It wouldn't be a simple fix for sure. Until I see other people mimicking it then I'm calling shenanigans. I must live in some dream world where I'd hope that Blizzard didn't use freshmen university students to code key infrastructure components of their game. I've seen the money thing and heard about ties to the clock before. I mean this is stuff you learn right away. When I learned about seeding rand() with time, we were told how easily breakable that was - right off the bat.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Saw a link to a YT video about the boss farm and making 1.2billion XP an hour but can't find it again. Anyone recall?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It wouldn't be a simple fix for sure. Until I see other people mimicking it then I'm calling shenanigans. I must live in some dream world where I'd hope that Blizzard didn't use freshmen university students to code key infrastructure components of their game. I've seen the money thing and heard about ties to the clock before. I mean this is stuff you learn right away. When I learned about seeding rand() with time, we were told how easily breakable that was - right off the bat.
There are people right now using his method and gambling multiple of the items they got to drop in their games. Some dude just gambled three mirrorballs after he got 1 to drop in a level 34 game. Same for lute socks, some guy just got 2 gambling in a level 11 game after it dropped for him in a rift. Still far from being proven, but there's seomthing that doesn't sit right with all this: It would be the ultimate Anti botting code. It would guarantee (assuming you have no idea it's in place of course) that you only get the same legendaries over and over and over when botting in a long uninterupted game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Getting mirrorballs is fairly common though, there's few offhands and they're class specific. There's not that many boots either.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
360 hours on wizard, never seen one. Wish it was common
I've got all the legendary and set sources apart from the Mirrorball
frown.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It would be the ultimate Anti botting code. It would guarantee (assuming you have no idea it's in place of course) that you only get the same legendaries over and over and over when botting in a long uninterupted game.
Since when do bots sit in the same game over and over? The whole point of a bot is that it kills something, remakes the game, and kills again over and over. Each game, if it works like this, effectively giving a different loot table.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chantodo's Force is common, they might as well make it a white item. Mirrorball doesn't exist.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting mirrorballs is fairly common though, there's few offhands and they're class specific. There's not that many boots either.
Same I have 9 MB's, 7 Mykens, & maybe 20 Chantodos from gambling for Triumvirates and have yet to get a Trium? I must have cracked the MB code secretly.

When I read the blue post I took it as - RNG is RNG and your simple brain is passively recognizing patterns that arent there. (Basically saying people are simple minded which is true)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate you both lol, I sware I gave up on her and Triums and last night I switched to drop 500 again =( GD Crack

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Leveled up my wizard a bit last night. Figure with a WD, we can share the Int gear and be better off.

For starting off in noob gear on a wizard, I'll have a lot of Fire gear. Does it matter what element I go with? or is it basically go with whatever gear you have, and fine tune it later? Will have to google some wizard fire builds and see what happens.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else getting the same legos over and over again? In the last 3 days I've gotten a 2nd Fulminater, a 2nd Tgods, a 2nd Genzanaku, 2 Sledge Fists, and a 4th Deadmaus neck. It is getting irritating especially since I have yet to see a SoH or Thunderfury or a single piece of Inna's. But to be fair, I've gotten a few more set plans andthese, but still, If I loot another fucking deadmaus necklace I might ragequit.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I've gambled about 5 mirrors, only 1 being a +2. I'd say I've spent a little under 3k shards in total and have gotten atleast 2-3 of each source. In terms of helms, boots, and belts though I've gotten jack shit.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Since when do bots sit in the same game over and over? The whole point of a bot is that it kills something, remakes the game, and kills again over and over. Each game, if it works like this, effectively giving a different loot table.
Since bots have evolved to do rifts on their own. Better leg per hour than chain killing bosses, but probably less gold/XP.