Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't play dumb. The game also allows you to farm CoTA and that has been nerfed repeatedly. You know they don't intend for farming of CoTA, the only thing stopping them is the retarded design of their own engine. You know this isn't their intention just as much as CoTA farming.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
There are dozens of spots like COTA. I made a fortune, literally, in legendaries and XP/gold farming ghom. There is nothing dumber than that, but it's efficient. And there dozens of things like this you can farm, spots with always a pack of elite or a named that you can just farm efficiently. If I am forced to farm for every single one of my loot, and I've already put over 400 hours in this shit, you bet your ass I'm going for the most efficient way right now. it doesn't mean if my friends are on I don't rift or do bounties with them, but when there's nothing better to do it's farm time, and the least of my worries is 'how did blizzard intend for ME to farm in this game?'

Dis

Confirmed Male
At this point though, I seriously doubt you will ever see RIF nerfed. If anything, the will boost risk vs. reward for grouping IMO to "discourage" RIF type setups, but they will certainly not nerf it. As of now, it is their intent because it is designed to do so, if they nerf it so be it.

Would you call me running through all the ACT bounties, announcing in RIF that the 3 spots open for 5 free cache turn ins constitute abuse? I dont see it that way, I just see it as a cool way to make some random folks happy, I enjoy that kind of shit. IE being social...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
and the least of my worries is 'how did blizzard intend for ME to farm in this game?'
Whether you worry about it or not doesn't change that it's abuse.

At this point though, I seriously doubt you will ever see RIF nerfed. If anything, the will boost risk vs. reward for grouping IMO to "discourage" RIF type setups, but they will certainly not nerf it. As of now, it is their intent because it is designed to do so, if they nerf it so be it.

Would you call me running through all the ACT bounties, announcing in RIF that the 3 spots open for 5 free cache turn ins constitute abuse? I dont see it that way, I just see it as a cool way to make some random folks happy, I enjoy that kind of shit. IE being social...
Technically, yes. I'm not worried about Blizzard reprimanding anyone for it, or RIF, even nerfing either of them. They obviously intended it as a way to encouraging grouping throughout the whole endeavor. Don't take the usage of the word as some sort of judgement. I abuse it just the same as anyone else. Again, it's supposed to draw attention to the fact that players are dissatisfied with playing the game as designed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if players are dissatisfied. I'd say players would prefer to play efficiently and RIF is more efficient than farming tokens and running rifts yourself. At the end of the day the bounty/rift system is still being used but the burden is being spread.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Whether you worry about it or not doesn't change that it's abuse.

Technically, yes. I'm not worried about Blizzard reprimanding anyone for it, or RIF, even nerfing either of them. They obviously intended it as a way to encouraging grouping throughout the whole endeavor. Don't take the usage of the word as some sort of judgement. I abuse it just the same as anyone else. Again, it's supposed to draw attention to the fact that players are dissatisfied with playing the game as designed.
Yes but I will bet you in typical Blizzard cunt form they will say that players just seek out the most efficient styles of play instead of admitting that they fucked up their own game in very fundamental ways.

Dis

Confirmed Male
The only reason I run rifts is xp (LOVE THAT GRIND!) and possibility of legs dropping along the way. If I am preoccupied with something else (meaning total focus is not on game), I will "leech". I always carry on me 300 rift frags at all times, when I get below that I farm hardcore with the DH.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I usually avoid people that have less than 3 open slots because I suspect they're doing exactly what you're doing. The bargain is a guardian kill for your 1.666666 frags.
whats wrong with 2 ppl running rifts doing what 1 person running the rift would be doing?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You sure they aren't dissatisfied? Most of them would rather sit at the character menu, clicking a username as fast as they can, then plowing one dude. Rather than actually playing the game.

Tenks

You say "most" like the RIF community is brimming with like 250k people. It seems to have about 3500 most times I check. The min/max'ers will always find ways to maximize efficiency.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You say "most" like the RIF community is brimming with like 250k people. It seems to have about 3500 most times I check. The min/max'ers will always find ways to maximize efficiency.
No, of course not. I'll rescind that, poor phrasing on my part. The min/maxers will resort to increased efficiency. Everyone else will just quit. There's a problem with the core of the game all the same. That RIF leeching is as popular as it is, is just an indication of that.

Tenks

I wish I knew more casual players to take a pulse on how they feel. Sadly D3 vanilla caused most of the ones I know the give up entirely on the game. All of them didn't even know an expansion was out.

Murked

No, of course not. I'll rescind that, poor phrasing on my part. The min/maxers will resort to increased efficiency. Everyone else will just quit. There's a problem with the core of the game all the same. That RIF leeching is as popular as it is, is just an indication of that.
I love how you base the state of the game off of 1 forum, with mostly shitty gamers who complain about everything lol.

Tenks

Getting tired of a game that doesn't introduce new content is aproblem with the coreof almost every game ever.
I'm still holding out hope most of RoS' development time was spent creating the framework around the game to create new and interesting loot. They clearly fixed a few things like being able to hotfix almost all drop rates and adding in more interesting set bonuses (if the old system allowed that or not, who knows.) Now it should just be a matter of making items with these cool stats (come on .. all rune sets is pretty cool imo) and putting them into the next season. I wish Blizzard was a bit more transparent with their ideas but this has always been the Blizzard way so I doubt they will.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know even by Rerolled Neckbeard Salty Gamer standards you seem pretty jaded on this subject. The fact is people are going to find farms that have the best payout.. Doesn't matter if it's Meph runs, or Pindle runs, or Baal runs.. some people like the farm the same shit over and over again. The more they try and put restrictions on it the worse it gets. They said "we don't want people farming one mob over and over so they made all act bosses drop dogshit loot" now they make you farm one mob over and over again for crafting materials. They guys running this game don't know what to do with it and everytime they try and lock something down it blows up in their face. How many times has the shitty quest system in this game been the cause of exploit after exploit.

People want to RiF because it's more rewarding than playing the game, people bot because it's more rewarding than playing the game, they need to cut out all the restrictions and just make it fun to play the game and rewarding which seems to be your point. I doubt anyone would disagree but the chances of that happening are slim to fucking none.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wish I knew more casual players to take a pulse on how they feel. Sadly D3 vanilla caused most of the ones I know the give up entirely on the game. All of them didn't even know an expansion was out.
I'm playing 6-8 hours per week, paragon 150 so i'm not truly "casual", I still think the game is fantastic and I have no idea why is everyone bitching gear is hard to acquire, it's a fucking Diablo, the only reason this didn't happen in D2 was the rampant duping and botting.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Come on, man. I just want to jump around. Why must you taunt me so.

99oO5bG.jpg