Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
How do you see time played on a character?
View profile -> Heroes

FimQPfD.jpg

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I've gotten 5 marauder pieces (all different), 2 of the other level 70 DH set pieces, 1 natalya set piece, for 8 different pieces (have gotten two of two of them). In a month and a half, it seems fine to me.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
180 played as Crusader. 1 piece of set gear.
221 hours played, 1 piece of set gear, and that dropped when playing my DH.... meanwhile my barbarian has 4 set parts (70 hours), my WD has 5 including both MH and OH (112 hours).

Crusaders is feeling a bit like the short-bus class right now, decent but not holding a candle to anything else. They need to put in a lot of work to make them come close to the other classes in viability in my opinion, starting with resource management and regeneration.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I find this to be an absolute bullshit argument. I don't know if something is wired wrong in my brain or what but I don't mind the 0.1% chance of drop. I played D2 without the crutch of D2JSP and with very, very limited trading because I enjoyed the carrot on stick gameplay. I don't know if it is the WoWification of gamers or what but I don't expect shit handed to me on this easily defined on-rails path on how to obtain it.
Same, I have no problem with "ridiculous" drop rates either. There is this expectation that if you play the game you must eventually get all the best items. If that doesnt happen, the game is broken.I'm having fun bashing monsters, when I tire of one method of bashing I try out another way of bashing monsters with the pile of items I have collected. Those are usually rares with specific skill or elemental mods so not BiS, which would get me ostracized from the clan apparently. At some point I tire from monster bashing in general and quit for a while, play other stuff, whatever. That's ok, this isnt an MMO with quarterly +gooder tiers added. And let's face it, if they made the currently coveted set parts easily attainable, your (not anyone specific) next rant would be for a content patch with more +gooder (if anything I want more broader choice of items to be added, not higher/better stat caps).

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's all well and good to not have the best items on all your characters so long as you can tackle the toughest content without specific items. Or make discernible progress over time. Kadala and the drops you come across early on make the progression to clearing T1 efficiently pretty painless. Get a good weapon or two, some oranges in all your slots, reroll a bit, gems ... all good. Then it get's much harder and the feeling is you're just pulling the handle on the slot machine over and over. Eventually you're like fuck. I not only need to get a jackpot, I need a specific jackpot. Set piece, Wand of Woh, Tasker Theo, Kridershot, whatever.

The other issue is you can't really pick what you want to build. I wanted a fire mage on my Wizard and got Frostburns, and + cold gear so I felt compelled to go cold. If wanted to experiment with a Lightning Barbarian now I'm pretty gimped and I cant build towards it in any meaningful way other than to just grind more gear and get a bigger pool to choose from.

It's got it's pro's and con's. It's good in a way to be surprised by what you get and adapt your build to it. OTOH I'd love to be able to work towards a really bad ass Odyn Son. Which isn't ultra rare, certainly more common than Shard of Hate, but it's what I want. So I'd love a way to incorporate both. Random items as we have now, but add in a way to work for a specific item.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it's all a simple concept. People who have good gear with complete item sets etc think the game is "just fine" but those who have put in what they feel is a good amount of play time that don't have those things think the game needs to be adjusted.

Tenks

It's all well and good to not have the best items on all your characters so long as you can tackle the toughest content without specific items. Or make discernible progress over time. Kadala and the drops you come across early on make the progression to clearing T1 efficiently pretty painless. Get a good weapon or two, some oranges in all your slots, reroll a bit, gems ... all good. Then it get's much harder and the feeling is you're just pulling the handle on the slot machine over and over. Eventually you're like fuck. I not only need to get a jackpot, I need a specific jackpot. Set piece, Wand of Woh, Tasker Theo, Kridershot, whatever.

The other issue is you can't really pick what you want to build. I wanted a fire mage on my Wizard and got Frostburns, and + cold gear so I felt compelled to go cold. If wanted to experiment with a Lightning Barbarian now I'm pretty gimped and I cant build towards it in any meaningful way other than to just grind more gear and get a bigger pool to choose from.

It's got it's pro's and con's. It's good in a way to be surprised by what you get and adapt your build to it. OTOH I'd love to be able to work towards a really bad ass Odyn Son. Which isn't ultra rare, certainly more common than Shard of Hate, but it's what I want. So I'd love a way to incorporate both. Random items as we have now, but add in a way to work for a specific item.
Basically here is how it went:

Vanilla: "All the gear is nothing but +gooderer. We are just chasing impossible to obtain rares that are a combination of all perfect affixes and suffixes and also perfect rolls. None of these define my build they just increase my numbers. I want build defining legendaries!"

RoS: "To compete I need build defining legendaries. They are impossible to obtain due to rare drop rate. Once I complete the set or get a certain legendary my build is defined but not until that point. I hate build defining legendaries!"

It is a damned if you do & damned if you don't scenario for Blizzard. They pretty much gave the population exactly what they asked for and *shocking* the population isn't happy about it. What is the point of build defining items if they are just handed to you. I've gone over this where the combat in this game is far too shallow to not have a carrot on the stick being chased constantly. Once you get this build defining set or legendary suddenly you'll want adifferentbuild defining set or legendary. There will always be the chase as long as the chase is enjoyed. If people really don't want to grind out and want to turn Diablo 3 from a traditional ARPG drop-chance game and into a WoW token based "epics for all" game (which is when I stopped playing that mess) will be the time I stop playing Diablo 3 as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't hate build-defining legendaries. I hate that there aren't more of them and that they're too rare.

Again, progress, or as you say, carrot, must be perceived in the player's head in order to keep playing. A lot of people who have had really bad luck in spite of high play time, that carrot does not exist. That needs fixing. And we might gripe about it and suggest hamfisted ways to fix it like more build-defining legendaries or increased drop rate or tokens, blah blah blah. We're players, we often times don't know what we want.

The take away is that game fails to dangle that carrot in a steady enough manner for a lot(some?) of the players. So they turn to bots or RIF or farming nameds or quitting. That is ultimately what needs to be fixed.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Basically here is how it went:

Vanilla: "All the gear is nothing but +gooderer. We are just chasing impossible to obtain rares that are a combination of all perfect affixes and suffixes and also perfect rolls. None of these define my build they just increase my numbers. I want build defining legendaries!"

RoS: "To compete I need build defining legendaries. They are impossible to obtain due to rare drop rate. Once I complete the set or get a certain legendary my build is defined but not until that point. I hate build defining legendaries!"

It is a damned if you do & damned if you don't scenario for Blizzard. They pretty much gave the population exactly what they asked for and *shocking* the population isn't happy about it. What is the point of build defining items if they are just handed to you. I've gone over this where the combat in this game is far too shallow to not have a carrot on the stick being chased constantly. Once you get this build defining set or legendary suddenly you'll want adifferentbuild defining set or legendary. There will always be the chase as long as the chase is enjoyed. If people really don't want to grind out and want to turn Diablo 3 from a traditional ARPG drop-chance game and into a WoW token based "epics for all" game (which is when I stopped playing that mess) will be the time I stop playing Diablo 3 as well.
Fair enough and I didnt play Vanilla, I've done 0-70 on two characters and about 130 Paragon since ROS. So not hardcore but not casual either. I dont want epics for all in the sense everyone has everything. I'd like a middle ground. There's no system they'd put in where you'd instantly get everything you want. Further carrots come from more content and items.

By the same token that I dont think casuals should just be handed everything, if they put in a way to target items that people can just pour every waking hour into gaming then get everything and complain there's no more content... oh well.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's all a simple concept. People who have good gear with complete item sets etc think the game is "just fine" but those who have put in what they feel is a good amount of play time that don't have those things think the game needs to be adjusted.
I dont have complete sets but I think its fine. This is going to be the default league when ladders drop, aka this loot wont matter anymore and hardly anyone is going to be playing it. The non HC ladder will have some +better legs and a fresh start which a lot of people will like and essentially make this a graveyard for ladder toons when leagues end.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not advocating this, but would it really be game breaking if you could exchange say 500 forgotten souls for any one targeted item you want? It may not even roll good stats. I fail to see how people would "run out of content" when you're dangling that carrot a mile away, but at least people would say ok, great, I got 5 crappy legendaries tonight I made progress on getting my next piece of gear.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
No, that would be infinitely better than getting nothing but worthless garbage for 10 hours of play time.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not advocating this, but would it really be game breaking if you could exchange say 500 forgotten souls for any one targeted item you want? It may not even roll good stats. I fail to see how people would "run out of content" when you're dangling that carrot a mile away, but at least people would say ok, great, I got 5 crappy legendaries tonight I made progress on getting my next piece of gear.
I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Tenks

I wouldn't be opposed to that and I also wouldn't be opposed to some method of exchanging a bunch of dupes of a certain set for a different slot of that set.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is there a blue post of any form of confirmation regarding the loot % drop list that was posted last week? Or it's pure speculation?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Or instead of all these bullshit targeted loot ideas wouldn't it be cool if you cool take an item you didn't need and trade it with someone who did? You know like all those duplicate set pieces people have that are rotting in the bank, or have been turned into forgotten souls. I wouldn't mind if I could trade the near perfect RoRG that rolled with Dex for my wizard with one that had int on it.

BoA is ass cancer of Diablo.