Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in finance and I can tell you with my tin foil hat it would 100% make sense they shut it down for that or more than likely for AML / KYC reasons. You have to be able to show where funds are coming and going to ultimately and prove if you are audited that the end point isnt a terrorst organization or some kind of nefarious government or organization. Not to mention the OFAC limitations on countries, politicians, and everything else that would apply to real currency coming from the AH.

Hake_sl

shitlord
Question: people who got very few set items, what torment difficulty are you farming ? I know I didn't get any set before starting to speed farm T3.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Tenks, correct about PoE. The RMT in that game is stupid and was just out of control, websites would fluctuate wildly on conversion rates by the hour depending on bots and RMT. The REAL issue in PoE imo is that ladders are ranked by level (experience). Since there is no currency in PoE everyone uses orbs / maps. When you are racing for a ladder top 10 world or whatever you are screwed unless you RMT or got insanely stupidly lucky with map drops. You couldn't afford to exalt a level 75 map 10x to roll for the highest XP bonuses (+Magic +Pack Size) because the RMT had inflated prices so badly.

Juvarisx

Florida
As long as you are a centralized administrator of any virtual currency you will fall into these rules. Yes the legislation was mainly targeted at Bit Coins, you are correct, but it very much applied to video games as well. The only 100% way to fall outside these rules is to basically have it like World of Warcraft, or Everquest etc. As long as Blizzard does not provide a way for you to trade gold / blizzard balance / items into IRL currency then they are completely off the hook in terms of the laws. They can stipulate that hey if you sell your gold for IRL currency you account is subject to termination (which they do), but that is just there to cover their ass more or less at this point.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't follow PoE but from what I understand the main issue was botting being rampant so they punished the non-botters by gutting the drop rate. Basically conceding to the botters "you win" and sticking it to legit players. Again this is another reason I'm so against any form of open trading. There may even be a good chance I'd leave the clan if they offered in-clan trading because we have so many botters as well. Bots today are far more advanced than they were back in D2. They can do more and perform more complex tasks than simply running Pindle over and over. So even if they guard themselves from doing runs like that the botters would just catch up by using more advanced scripts to do things.

I wouldn't exactlyhateadding some form of TC to D3. Like make it so Butcher has an increased chance to drop boots, Belial for chests, ZK for Bracers and so on. It would make focused grinding a bit easier. It could be an overall good quality of life enhancement. But I would only like to see that if trading is kept to a minimum.

And unless I completely misunderstood what you posted it sounds like if Blizzard let you make BlizzardBucks with real money but offered no way of transferring your BlizzardBucks back into real money is where the issue would arise. Since the RMAH was driven by BlizzardBucks and they already had a workflow to get BlizzardBucks back into real life currency I don't see how it's an issue. It also read more like it was directed towards more BitCoin operations. I don't know if Blizzard housing your BlizzardBucks would make them a money service. Either way they still support BlizzardBucks currency to buy games so wouldn't they be under the same guidelines and stipulations with or without the RMAH?

quite the opposite. The problem was you could trade virtual currency in game AND that currency had a real currency number attached to it, and it could be transfered both ways (other games only allow one way transfer, can't get money through the company for your virtual currency)
That falls right into being categorized a MSB, with all the shit that goes with it.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
@Tenks, correct about PoE. The RMT in that game is stupid and was just out of control, websites would fluctuate wildly on conversion rates by the hour depending on bots and RMT. The REAL issue in PoE imo is that ladders are ranked by level (experience). Since there is no currency in PoE everyone uses orbs / maps. When you are racing for a ladder top 10 world or whatever you are screwed unless you RMT or got insanely stupidly lucky with map drops. You couldn't afford to exalt a level 75 map 10x to roll for the highest XP bonuses (+Magic +Pack Size) because the RMT had inflated prices so badly.
Good lord... Glad I never played that shit. Sounds absolutely retarded!

Dis

Confirmed Male
Question: people who got very few set items, what torment difficulty are you farming ? I know I didn't get any set before starting to speed farm T3.
It is RNG, T1-T6 offers little difference, I have seen more set drops in T2/T3 than I have in T4/T5. If you polled a million different players you would get probably get a evenly divided opinion on what Torment drops the most shit. Simply put, RNG.

Time spent efficiently killing = highest odds of getting drops

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In the time I played, my DH got 8 Marauder's, 3 Natalya's, 5 Shadow, 2 Helltooth, and one Monkey King's and almost all of it came from T1.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Running T1 fast > Running T3 slow for drops. Like I've said until they address the issues of higher torments not being worth it the idea build and gear is whatever lets you kill shit on T1 the fastest. That means maximize movespeed via gear/plevel/skills (ie: have movement abilities) and pure offense to just faceroll elites. That is pretty much the magic formula.

Only reason I run T2 at the moment is RiF seems a ton easier to fill if you're above T1 -- for whatever reason. Purely anecdotal evidence also.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only way to get a decent drop rate in this game is to get to the point where you're running T3 or ideally T4 as fast as most people are running T1. That's when shit starts rolling in. T5 and T6 might as well not exist for the purpose of efficient farming of items.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I didn't mean solo. You really need to be farming in efficient 4 man groups on T4.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Preferably in a group of same main stat and/or class!

Same answer as RIF. That people say that's the only way to obtain set pieces *reasonably* is indicative of a problem with the game. I can't just play the damn game, I gotta do RIF or split bounties or 3 other barbs/crusaders have to be available.

Tenks

I've gotten zero sets while in groups or doing RIF

I take that back I got a dupe Raekor's BP that I sharded while soloing a rift opened via RIF

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Recal needs to run with my group tonight, you have the exact opposite of pieces I have for quake / IK's.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm in finance and I can tell you with my tin foil hat it would 100% make sense they shut it down for that or more than likely for AML / KYC reasons. You have to be able to show where funds are coming and going to ultimately and prove if you are audited that the end point isnt a terrorst organization or some kind of nefarious government or organization. Not to mention the OFAC limitations on countries, politicians, and everything else that would apply to real currency coming from the AH.
KYC is the fucking devil.
Org ID is in my future
frown.png

I had farmed a bunch of T6 unburied named mob farming, otherwise it's been 90% T1 rift farming, 8% Normal A1 split bounty farming, and 2% T3 rift farming. I've gotten two set items in the last week, and two set items since release of RoS.

Recal needs to run with my group tonight, you have the exact opposite of pieces I have for quake / IK's.
We gonna farm Malth at all? I need me some wraps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whenever you need im down Ao, I did him last week but its rough on T5 unless no one is a carry. With a starmetal WD or two if Murked comes it becomes way easier. Biggest issue is that green shield eats fetishes in .005 seconds.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I've gotten 9 set items since RoS came out...

1 was a Firebirds (or whatever the Wiz set is) piece
3 Chantodo's Will (the offhand)
5 pieces of Blackthornes (3 belts, 1 leg, 1 chest)

Tenks

You can just farm T2 Mal pretty easy to get the component. I think it took me like 30 minutes maybe to get two.