Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why you would go lightning hammer over fire or holy(limitless). In my testing, a monster will only get zapped 2 times max per hammer. Limitless and Burning Wrath will put out much more AE damage per hammer. And all that aside, every hammer build is going to suffer from horrible windup times. 2-3 fist and the pack is dead. 2-3 hammers and you might have killed them some of them?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mirroball +2, cindercoat that was missing INT so I rerolled resist all hoping for INT and wound up with 3 sockets, which will eventually be filled by 840 INT worth of topazes, just going to take forever to get them all. Set plans too, what a night. I love this patch and the buffs.
Yeah I did a couple T1 rifts, about 5 T3 rifts and a T4 rift and didn't get much. Two 2H and an axe and a couple plans.

Spent about 500 shards on sources and got a Ball of Hate and Winter Flurry or something that wasn't a Mirrorball.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
What are other crusaders settling on? I like holy shotgun, but I don't think it works too well without the full set to backup its high wrath cost.
The FotF build pretty much requires 4-piece Akkhan's and is not worth using without it--although, maybe with a non-FoH rune it could be useful since the 3 beams can now affect a single target.

But, at this point, if I did not have the gear for that build, I would try some sort of Fire build. Something like:Crusader - Game Guide - Diablo III

Cindercoat/Magefist/Fire Andy's is relatively easy to gamble. A Maximus would be great if you have it. Build would work well with a BoP as well. If a Mortal Drama is your best weapon, then switch out Condemn for Bombardment/Annihilate and one of the passives for Lord Commander. If wrath is a constant issue, switch out Firestarter for Embodiment of Power (you may want to do this anyway).

I think some sort of variation of that would be the best progression build while you farm up the Akkhan's set.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Diablo Fansand shitty paste job for those that can't read it.

Anniversary Dev Stream Highlights
The anniversary Developer stream that went for several hours earlier today had some interesting bits of information shared. Here are the highlights of the conversations with Wyatt Cheng, Josh Mosqueira, Brian Kindregan and several other devs (Disclaimer: There might be some errors in the information due to being able to collect it during the live stream only, but the major part should be correct) :

Seasons:
When a season ends, the loot and other benefits will carry over to the normal game
Players will be ranked per character and class
Each season will have new legendaries
Tiered Rifts:
There will be different leaderboards for season and non-season Tiered Rifts
Tiered Rifts will also be separated between Normal and Hardcore
The speed of clearing a Tiered Rift will take part in determining how difficult the next one will be
Tiered Rifts will most probably serve as a benchmark for balancing classes
Nephalem Rifts:
Pandemonium rifts were excluded from the options for Nephalem Rifts in patch 2.0.5
Rift Bosses will be tuned so that they deal pretty equal damage - this will not buff them though, but the opposite: the stronger attacks will receive some nerfs
The progress bar will be filling up differently depending on the type of monster killed
Set Items:
Set items will be available for transmogrification in the future
Underwhelming sets will be revamped (No ETA yet)
Lore:
In the early development stages there was an idea that Leah would accidentally kill Deckard Cain because she couldn't control her powers
Chances are there will be a new Angel of Justice now that the 'position' was vacated by Tyrael
The ending strongly suggests all the Prime Evils have been released, not just Diablo, but the devs aren't willing to spoil too much of the story
Other:
Ground effects such as Plagued are currently bugged and deal too much damage - this will be hotfixed (see the Blue posts below)
An interesting fact: the battering ram in the Act 5 Pandemonium fortress entering does not move - it's the background that does
The devs have been thinking about the idea of Legendary gems as a reward from Tiered Rifts
They plan on doing something about the fact everyone uses Emeralds almost exclusively for their weapons
There are ideas about stashing the crafting mats in a similar way to the Gold and Blood Shards in order for inventory space to be saved
Currently there are no plans for additional Stash space being added
The Anniversary buff does not affect Kadala's loot
Clarifications on Undocumented 2.0.5 Changes and Upcoming Fixes
The Blue posts below are addressing several issues:

The undocumented buff of Elite mobs' ground damage
The change in Barb's leap animation so that the two genders will travel the same time and distance
Buffing of Rare Plans drop rates along with Legendary plans drop rates
Hellfire Ring proc-ing 0% damage
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Elite ground attacks ninja-buffed to majorly OP. Go near a Plagued or Desecrator pool and barely touch it, your hit points will drop faster than Hogan's wrecking ball in custard. I was gonna say we need to be informed of these changes, but considering that idiotic decisions are never admitted by Blizzard.......here we go again.
Wyatt just mentioned this in the anniversary Twitch stream, actually. Some of the ground effects are doing too much damage currently, and we intend to tone them down. We don't have an ETA to share yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we do. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Leapquake barb, let's get it fixed! I am of course talking about the leap animation. The earthen might fix wasn't all that bad, you can find ways around it. For bad players you are going to learn to adapt, even I admit the fury return was far to good. Anyhow, my real frustration was the animation "tweak" blizzard did instead of making male barbs up to snuff with female barbs they just put a small delay during leaps. To most people and trolls this doesn't make sense to them? Why?
We're really grateful for the feedback regarding this change, and I'd like to provide some insight regarding why this change came to pass in this manner.

The animations between the male and female Barbarian for Leap is something that's been different for quite some time, since the original Diablo III release in fact. Of course, the difference wasn't very noticeable as, at the time, you couldn't Leap multiple times back to back.

With the introduction of Lut Socks, this magnified the previously unnoticed difference, and we agreed that we needed to fix it to make sure both animations were completing at the same time and therefore performing equally. We do agree the fix went in the wrong direction, and as a result you'll see a change in a future patch where both Barbarian genders will Leap at not only a faster pace than the current implementation, but faster than the original female animation. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Something was buffed...just not legendary drop rate. Now i'm getting.....wait for it....RARE PLANS! EVERYWHERE! BUT NO LEGENDARIES! WHATS GOING ON!?
Yep! The patch notes specifically call out Legendary crafting plans having an increase in their drop rate, but it turns out that all of them were increased. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Hellfire ring - Proc does 0% damage.
Hi Everyone,
Just letting you know we are aware of this issue and we actually have a hotfix on its way out to you guys that should resolve this. Thanks for the reports! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea ground affixes were murdering over my lunch-Diabloing. Did 2 rifts, got like 6 legendaries + a lego plan. All trash but it's nice to at least get rolls on them for now. Also the gold find change makes for hilarious gold find numbers on your sheet, in T3 on my monk I had 1937% in a full group. Got almost a mill from clearing a rift. I imagine if you stacked gold find on a ranged class you could utility/get carried through even higher tiers for some significant gold farming. I think that may be the only thing that actually scales properly into higher torments right now. They should model other shit off of that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What are other crusaders settling on? I like holy shotgun, but I don't think it works too well without the full set to backup its high wrath cost.
I like the new Punish buffs, especially running the new Towering Shield passive. With Hold Your Ground and +block chance on your shield, Roar is an amazing rune for AoE. I've been using pound for single-target, but I'm still a tad bit underwhelmed by it, especially with all of my +fire gear going to waste. The problem is, crumble is the only fire rune and it's pretty terrible. So, I'm still deciding on a solid single-target spender.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Anyone else getting Random BSODs from Bnet/D3 app? I've had this PC for a few years and never had one before last week. I'm pretty certain it's either the new Bnet app or D3.

The forums were pretty worthless in regards to a fix. Seems there are still a few code kins for the Blizz people to work out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I like the new Punish buffs, especially running the new Towering Shield passive. With Hold Your Ground and +block chance on your shield, Roar is an amazing rune for AoE. I've been using pound for single-target, but I'm still a tad bit underwhelmed by it, especially with all of my +fire gear going to waste. The problem is, crumble is the only fire rune and it's pretty terrible. So, I'm still deciding on a solid single-target spender.
I usually shy away from builds that rely on mobs attacking you to do damage. It's unreliable so you can't build around it. Roar's proc is never going to be a large percentage of your damage, otherwise you're killing too slow.

Unless you really need that 5 wrath per attack, I guarantee you that Condemn or Heaven's Fury in the same slot will do more damage in all situations.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone else getting Random BSODs from Bnet/D3 app? I've had this PC for a few years and never had one before last week. I'm pretty certain it's either the new Bnet app or D3.

The forums were pretty worthless in regards to a fix. Seems there are still a few code kins for the Blizz people to work out.
Neither of them should be able to BSOD your system. It's most likely a bad driver or RAM. You should post the BSOD error on a tech support forum.

added: I'm glad they found a problem with ground effects. I thought I had fucked up my spec somehow when I died on T2.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hope they revisit Hellskull. The shield effect is now completely useless.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'm kinda pissed since I salvaged 2 of them in the time I was using the Jek. Now I'm back to FOTH and spending shards looking for another.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm kinda pissed since I salvaged 2 of them in the time I was using the Jek. Now I'm back to FOTH and spending shards looking for another.
I always keep at least 1 of any items that has a unique effect for this reason
smile.png