Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm guessing you haven't gambled for the tall mans finger yet because I can't imagine why you'd still be using derpgarg. I actually just finished scrounging up a second zunis set to reroll into +dog dmg when I learned that other wd were re rolling their MAIN Zuni set for dog damage (at ridiculous cost since getting +fa) was a pain in the cock in the first place.
Does TMF dog also get boosted by the pet passives? the extra life and 50% damage one?

Needless

Toe Sucker
are pet builds completely reliant on a specific amount of set pieces for WDs? I'm thinking of leveling mine up at some point because they seem pretty entertaining
I know there are items like the pet damage helmet and what not but moreso curious on how set reliant they are.

Crusaders pretty much need the 6 piece bonus from akkhan to be remotely decent for example lol (somewhat of an exaggeration, but not really)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tasker & Theo + Jeram helm basically Needless but without some +% Physical Damage they seem pretty normal.

UFGT while you grind this weekend at least

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
So with the changes to higher difficulties increases legendary drop rates from horadric caches, is it better to farm cache legendaries on high torments or is the volume of caches from spamming normal split clears still better?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you just want a RoRG, farm on normals. If you want all legendaries, do the highest Torment you can almost one-shot things on, like usual.

Edit: Well farming on torment gives you access to the torment only items and all that. For sheer volume of legendaries you may get more on normal but it's also more boring and missing some items.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So with the changes to higher difficulties increases legendary drop rates from horadric caches, is it better to farm cache legendaries on high torments or is the volume of caches from spamming normal split clears still better?
Ive been nerding with caches the past week and out of 170 I've gotten one non cache leg, it was a WD mask of jeram.

Rng is rng but it seems like its not worth doing torment caches.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last night run, 2 cindercoats, 3 odyn son.... and i needed none of it. Oh randomness.....
I did get an earth set pieace from kadala tho. Bitch finally paid me back.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Tasker & Theo + Jeram helm basically Needless but without some +% Physical Damage they seem pretty normal.

Werd, that's pretty much the plan haha. I'll probably grind my WD up over tonight/tomorrow and then just grind the gear while i watch UFGT and switch off to finish Transistor this weekend~

khorum

Murder Apologist
Does TMF dog also get boosted by the pet passives? the extra life and 50% damage one?
Ya you stack all 3 dog passives (zombie handler, fierce loyalty and midnight feast), stack +poison or +fire and put the TMF ring on. I was doing 120-165m crits with a shit setup in an old video i posted a while back. Nowadays I can get up to 250m crits without harringtons but its way too squishy, my regular t6 farm build is doing 200-240m crits on elites now. If you don't mind the inconsistency (it drives me nuts) you could get 350m+ crits on elites with a harringtons.

The big crits are mostly single-target eyecandy tho, the real workhorse is the burning dogs aura. The aoe crits for 25-30m and pretty much replaces fetishes for big pack fights.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh very nice then, I need to gamble another then. Are you gearing for the dog mainly by going all fire / poison gear? Zunis also?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
At a decent speed(sub 10 minutes), probably. But don't most other classes need a specific gear set to do the same?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Oh very nice then, I need to gamble another then. Are you gearing for the dog mainly by going all fire / poison gear? Zunis also?
Going mostly fire now yeah.. I tried it with zunis but now I'm leaning back towards my rorg-less build (cindercoat strongarms firewalkers) which had pretty good results. I've got a sinking feeling blizz's build-diversity faction managed this 'unintended' nerf with fetishes to coincide with the tmf buff actually.

Either way I can't say I'm displeased to see my rorgs getting stashed at least till 2.1

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

So I went +Fire dmg (fire andy, magefist, working on a cindercoat) and with the flame-pygmies... isn't the Fetish Army fire-based now (and getting my +fire)?

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I went +Fire dmg (fire andy, magefist, working on a cindercoat) and with the flame-pygmies... isn't the Fetish Army fire-based now (and getting my +fire)?
Only 2 of your fetishes become fire breathers, the rest are melee. Also, if you have T&T they are better than Magefist if you are using pets in your build, regardless of element.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm way above that in Armor and AR but my HPs are at like 340k, shit is wrecking me which doesnt make sense.
Running some type of mitigation skill like Blur, Prismatic Armor, etc? To me, Prismatic is almost a necessity for later Rifts. Dominance sucks for higher Rifts if you are solo.

I also recommend to use Frost Nova - Cold Snap. A form of CC will help tremendously...

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I am amazed by all the people who think they need to run the cookie cutter mirrorball conflag build but still want to put on full Tal's and Vyr's, it's like the thought of running arcane for a build built for arcane is beyond them. I have no problem blowing shit up in this game and running T5-T6 is cake. T3 runs tend to take about 5 minutes to complete solo, I might even drop Tal's and go back to full cooldown to keep as close to 100% archon uptime as possible like GiG runs.

Just because you see some video of some asshole with BiS gear running Fire Archon doesn't mean everyone else has to follow.

Phoenix - Community - Diablo III
I run the build that my gear allows. I have yet to get a Wand or Mirrorball despite thousands of shards. I have dozens of crappy 2Hers though.

I keep grouping with WDs who destroy T3/4. It makes me feel my Wizard is a tad underpowered, even with solid DPS.