Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
wut? I was giving a guestimate from the devs about when they would release 2.1. I didn't neg anyone. I quoted penalty since it seemed he wanted to know when it would go live.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Been streaming the ps4 version. Some nice changes. If anyone has it on ps4 we should all friend up. Can sometimes get gifts to send to friends on your list. Got a nice legendary from one earlier. Begaro is my psn name and egarehT is the twitch stream.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ultimate Evil edition has its own thread TheRage - got a few PSNs floating in there.

spronk

FPS noob
i still haven't installed D3/RoS but they will each be on sale for $20 each at best buy next week (8/24-8/31), PC version. $16 with GCU

i actually picked up RoS CE for $38 last week at my best buy when I was buying some other shit, was on clearance sale

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're implying that 2.1 will be next week sometime, although they haven't come out and said it as far as I've seen. Probably in case any last minute issues pop up.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Last minute issue: PS4 release not selling well enough. Though, the other thread does seem alive and full of people that also bought the PC version.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
anyone help me lvl my dh quick let me know. Can help you lvl whatever in return if wanted/needed pm me artemis#1332 or on here

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Read the preview to Greater Rifts, still not sure how rift level correlates to loot from rift guardian. I understand how time remaining(when you kill the guardian) correlates to how many successful level ups you get on the rift or your gems, but what about loot from the guardian? Been playing around a bit on the PTR and it seem I get 1-3 legendaries regardless of rift level. Wouldn't that mean you should fail the trial to maximize loot?

Monks are much better off. Now that bells don't suck so much, I don't feel Cyclone Strike is required anymore. And outside of the Implosion rune, it really doesn't feel that effective.

If you didn't like exploding palm before, give the lightning rune a try. It puts palm on your target and a random nearby target. This solves the two problem with using palm: laziness and sustainability. I've always hated palm because it required more accurate target selection than D3 usually requires. With shocking grasp, you don't even have to move your cursor, 2 exploding palms, especially on the target you're already beating, is perfect for most trash. Plus, taking the time to palm 2-3 targets was dangerous because you'd get no healing while doing so. Now, there's almost no interruption in the sustain. Pairs very well with a sweeping winds because it ensures the secondary target will likely blow up too.

So far, I like lightning the best. Good generators: WoTHF - HoL for AE damage and more nados and LoH, FoT-TC for better single target and teleport utility. Good spenders: LTK - SS for stun utility(they haven't fixed some of the nagging hitbox issues with LTK) or WoL-Pillar for very good damage. The lightning runes on palm and sweeping winds are quite good too.

Holy, physical, and fire seem about the middle. Holy and physical both have some decent utility, but it felt kind of odd because putting a build together for those elements had few choices in some spots. Why are they trying to give monks 5 elements? Cold seems to suffer the most for it. Play cold if you have some rimehearts or really need to lock down stuff.

No idea what they are trying to do with tempest rush. The dps is bad and play style is boring.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Cold is pretty decent now. Yeah it's good for locking stuff down, but the cold rune for exploding palm hits very hard and does all its damage at once. With ~50% cold damage and about 650k sheet dps, Rimeheart crits for 100-150 million, and exploding palm (with azturraq fist) crits for 250 million.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy Monks are the highest ranked in the PTR ladders but I think lightning/fire aren't too far behind

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Looks like still jade or physical pet. Pet is having issues with GR 30+ because of pets dying but they are supposed to fix that.

In other news almost all the top crusaders are using the new holy condem build with the ladder only shield (I think) that gives condem no CD at 40 wrath cost. Paired with blade of prophecy. Its pretty much the new "run around and stuff dies" build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cold is pretty decent now. Yeah it's good for locking stuff down, but the cold rune for exploding palm hits very hard and does all its damage at once. With ~50% cold damage and about 650k sheet dps, Rimeheart crits for 100-150 million, and exploding palm (with azturraq fist) crits for 250 million.
Yeah, good point. Still requires a bit of aiming because putting the one palm on the fatty is bad. I'm really lazy.

Holy Monks are the highest ranked in the PTR ladders but I think lightning/fire aren't too far behind
I was looking at that earlier. Is it just the interaction between the smite gem, flying dragon daibo, and FoF? If so, zzzzzzzz. A lot of the profiles were running with no spirit spenders outside of mantra activation or cyclone strike. Why not drop a bell with the extra spirit? Especially if you are running the inner storm rune, you're going to have a ton of extra spirit.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, good point. Still requires a bit of aiming because putting the one palm on the fatty is bad. I'm really lazy.

I was looking at that earlier. Is it just the interaction between the smite gem, flying dragon daibo, and FoF? If so, zzzzzzzz. A lot of the profiles were running with no spirit spenders outside of mantra activation or cyclone strike. Why not drop a bell with the extra spirit? Especially if you are running the inner storm rune, you're going to have a ton of extra spirit.
These are also the people running Monkey set build (they mantra spam for the proc), they do not really need a generator or to use Bells as the proc does everything Bells does but better (more dmg)

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Got my Woh fucking finally!

2132 damage
+670 int
+2419 life on hit
+1 socket

I'll wait for 2.1 and hopefully grab a Ram Gift. Then i'll reroll my socket into 10% dmg. How rare are the Ramalandi Gift (the socket consumable)?

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Got my Woh fucking finally!

2132 damage
+670 int
+2419 life on hit
+1 socket

I'll wait for 2.1 and hopefully grab a Ram Gift. Then i'll reroll my socket into 10% dmg. How rare are the Ramalandi Gift (the socket consumable)?
I've found 3 total in about 7 days, roughly 60 hours of play.