Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

khorum

Murder Apologist
There was a blue post about retaining some of the gameplay in small things like picking up gems, going to different vendors and dropping keystones in the rift portal window. I'm generally behind that sort of skeumorphic gameplay, but if they're going to acknowledge that salvaging kadala's mats merit developer action why did they pick the clunkiest remedy? They could've put a salvage tab on Kadala or just boost shard costs 100x so that you spend 500+ shards for a guaranteed leg out of a given item category (which was the other, much older suggestion).

I wasn't playing while 2.1 was on the PTR so I dunno if kadala's prices had been that way on the PTR or if was snuck into live.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Auto-pickup on crafting mats and gems needs to happen forever ago. It cannot possibly be that hard to implement.
Especially since it is already coded for potions. It has to just be a simple flag that needs to be enabled on the item.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Im just getting back into it but I dont think you need M6 for T6 as a DH. A buddy of mine and I were carried through T6's yesterday buy a friend running some weird ass build that threw out slowww lightning balls that were raping and no M6. He was all + lightning and vaulted through the maps doing that LB shit leaving everything dying behind us.

Dont know when they changed Kadala but goddamn she got expensive

@Wiz's in T6, before seasons it was horrible. Wizards could do T6 with the archon build and fire builds but it was no where near as effecient as other classes.
I wanted to try this spec, it works w/o m6? its posted up on diablo fans, as needing M6 and meticulous bolts for the ball lightning to move slow as balls.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wanted to try this spec, it works w/o m6? its posted up on diablo fans, as needing M6 and meticulous bolts for the ball lightning to move slow as balls.
I am like a couple of days into the seasons so I dont know the new items but he didnt have M6. He was using mostly +lightning gear which is what caught my attention before doing all of the runs. The biggest thing I saw was those balls moving so slow just decimated monsters as he ran through.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Everyone jumped on lightning since the guy at the top of the DH ladder fished for rifts and got one that is optimal for the lightning build.

General consensus is standard frostfire with Etrayu and Bombardier is still better in most circumstances that don't involve high density, slow moving packs at high grift levels (lots of HP and take forever to die).

Supposedly it is also decent in groups with a good zDPS to hold mobs in place, but overall if farming T6 efficiently is your current objective, I'd still focus on improving frostfire if I was tight on reroll resources.

Pre-M6 there are definitely better builds.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
He may use m6/sentries normally and wasn't at the time because its not the best for speed clearing.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah he swapped his gear and also put on an SoJ to carry me I know because he gated and told me it would be easier with that lightning shit. My seasons gear is total shit for just dinging, mainly the rare mat is killing me rerolling anything.

I'm assuming with the +hatred chakram & the bow that pulls all the shit in that these are new seasons legendaries? Makes me want to see the new legs for saders and their effects.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Yeah he swapped his gear and also put on an SoJ to carry me I know because he gated and told me it would be easier with that lightning shit. My seasons gear is total shit for just dinging, mainly the rare mat is killing me rerolling anything.

I'm assuming with the +hatred chakram & the bow that pulls all the shit in that these are new seasons legendaries? Makes me want to see the new legs for saders and their effects.
The quivers that enable free chakram and slow ball lightning are not seasonal only. I've been running the lightning build in non-seasonal (using a Helltrapper) and have been able to hit the fastest sentry breakpoint using a Gogok gem. It's very nice. You can have smokescreen up for extended periods of time which lets you fire at close range. Pretty cool.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow that does sound awesome, these must be new. It really adds a lot of depth to have more than one viable build.

@Sinzar / Vesper you dirty little cheater lol, whats your battletag? Can I have your Exalted orbs ?))

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Wow that does sound awesome, these must be new. It really adds a lot of depth to have more than one viable build.

@Sinzar / Vesper you dirty little cheater lol, whats your battletag? Can I have your Exalted orbs ?))
I've found fire, cold, physical and lightning to be viable builds with M6. Poison... not so much.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ive got that slower lightning ball quiver and a 20% lightning uskang somewhere (and like +80% lightning dex gear on my monk)... gonna try that lightning build tonight... HYPE

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man Gig makes bank for streaming D3 lol
Dude has made 2.3k in the first 30 minutes of his stream tonight

edit: 2 minutes later another $450.

edit: another 2 minutes later $500.

Charge back trolls or legit?!

khorum

Murder Apologist

Streamers make bank--that fat kid boogie supposedly makes close to $200k a year from youtube alone. If you want to be afflicted with soul-crushing jealousy go ahead and google how much even middling youtubers make with just a few thousand subs. The monetization programs on Youtube and Twitch weren't well-policed early on they were susceptible to botnet manipulation so you had folks like swenzy gaming the system for easy money. It's gonna be even bigger now that Amazon is putting its treasury behind Twitch streamers in a way that Google will have to answer via youtube.

When the smoke clears from this whole #gamergate thing the one sure outcome will be a major shift from traditional web/2.0 "games journalism" to the more organic lets-play/twitch games coverage. Fact is everyone knows that if you want rich coverage of competitive/pro gaming or MOBAs or WoW or anything that isn't some artsy Dear Esther/Gone Home review you're going to need to wade through forums like these or watch some streams and more likely both.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Ive got that slower lightning ball quiver and a 20% lightning uskang somewhere (and like +80% lightning dex gear on my monk)... gonna try that lightning build tonight... HYPE
It is MUCH better with a helltrapper imo. Because of how everything works, ball lightning fired by you will proc traps, caltrops and especially sentries rapidly if you fire it into monsters (the more the better). This also works well with nightstalker, which powers smoke screen very well. Generally I go with sentries, smoke screen, pet, prep(punishment), ball lightning and marked for death (contagion). Hit smoke screen (if needed), run up to stuff, blast em a bit, maybe put down a sentry, keep smoke screen up (if needed).

Lather, rinse, repeat.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I got a shit helltrapper with only 7% proc rate but I can prolly hit 4.153 with cains... ill give that a shot. Do the lightning balls have a chance to proc helltrapper tick?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar#1142

And I'm not done with Poe! Just taking a break for a week or so to do some D3 since I semi burned myself out grinding 6 classes to 65+ for the challenge in like a week.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Gig has made a $100.00 a pop playing songs on his stream. I remember he was charging viewers that amount to play Molly. Recently someone donated $10k to him but there was a charge back cause it was their parents credit card.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I got a shit helltrapper with only 7% proc rate but I can prolly hit 4.153 with cains... ill give that a shot. Do the lightning balls have a chance to proc helltrapper tick?
The ones you fire do. The chance is modified by elemental arrow (ball lightning) coefficient, but you can hit so much with it that it procs a lot. Sentry lightning balls do not proc helltrapper.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The ones you fire do. The chance is modified by elemental arrow (ball lightning) coefficient, but you can hit so much with it that it procs a lot. Sentry lightning balls do not proc helltrapper.
Yeah I'm already spoiled on the perma-smokescreen invul wtf... I can tell it's gonna get me killed in cold m6--or any other build for that matter. It's actually worse than unity-pair. I still need to roll up new boots to put +earrow on, a non-shit helltrapper and a better meticulous quiver too.