Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I like PoE and I think it added a LOT to the genre (it still has the GOAT "end-game" system of an ARPG ever imo). Problem is that I'm just not always in the mood for what POE is.

I've done both RF and Zombies. While not exactly 5-head, ultra-sweaty, Asian difficult APM, neither of those builds are just "lol right click" either.
Fair enough. I was just responding to your APM point. Not really much can be done about slowing down PoE. We have a discussion going in the Torchlight thread about slowing down PoE.

I would consider RF as close to fewer clicks without going autobomber.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really encourage those of you that are going to play to at least watch the first couple minutes as he goes over the different stats. The middle and end of the video is all stuff thats pretty self explanatory, but I learned a couple new things- like what the orange numbers meant etc. Which now that I know what that stuff looks like and does, I can think of a few new builds. I'd like to see more Crowd Control amplifiers on gear, as that reminds me a lot of the Stagger attribute from Lost Ark.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Stream rewards for a game that's not really watchable. Open tab, unmute Twitch, mute browser tab, come back and collect drop.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stream rewards for a game that's not really watchable. Open tab, unmute Twitch, mute browser tab, come back and collect drop.
Is there any other way to collect drops? People actually watch games for drops? I have always muted it, turned the quality to the lowest I could, then click over to claim drops as I get them. No matter the game.

Your first sentence is just laughable though. You just sound bitter. Go back to immortal and spend more $.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wait till these fags make you strap into one of these and make you watch 3 hours of degens on Twitch to get your pink tinted strap-on xmog.

It was all worth it you say as you redeem the code from your purple gash juice you got from KFC just in time to get the latest generic as fuck looking ridable pixelform.

1685152556703.png

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Maybe I'm just old, but the phenomenon of streamers in general is baffling to me. I'm supposed to spend my time listening to some fuckwit doing solo performance art for a camera while playing a game I can play myself? From the clips I've seen, half these guys are high off their minds on adderall. They're just meatspace incarnations of a social media attention-maximizing algorithm. There's nothing of value at the bottom.

I understand the chicks in hot tubs, at least.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there any other way to collect drops? People actually watch games for drops? I have always muted it, turned the quality to the lowest I could, then click over to claim drops as I get them. No matter the game.

Your first sentence is just laughable though. You just sound bitter. Go back to immortal and spend more $.

All ARPG are pretty terrible stream content.

D4 being lowest on the pole due to game pacing.

Although lowest on a genre that's already at the absolute bottom isn't saying much.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume its because you cant look away to watch chat? Just seems no different then streaming most genres. Streaming MMOs, RPGs, RTS, anything really except slower games where you can watch chat and interact more? Hell FPS games are all about focus as the player, and they do fine streaming.

I dunno, I dont stream. I don't really watch streams either, unless its a tournament or something I cant play, and I want to see how it plays.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm just old, but the phenomenon of streamers in general is baffling to me. I'm supposed to spend my time listening to some fuckwit doing solo performance art for a camera while playing a game I can play myself? From the clips I've seen, half these guys are high off their minds on adderall. They're just meatspace incarnations of a social media attention-maximizing algorithm. There's nothing of value at the bottom.

Depending on the streamer, it isn't bad to have them on in the background while you play to hear their takes or because they have a hilarious personality. People who just stare at a streamer's stream for hours on end are weird as fuck. To me, it isn't much different than having a TV show on in the background while you play.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I always wonder about people who have never found a streamer that just plays the game and interacts with chat about the game, it's systems, how skills work, and just spreads the knowledge they have.

But yea, everything is herp, derp. Or something

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I agree, I'm also a stuck up bitch too cool for everything and apend most nights sipping rare wine while listening to Beethoven and reading about Chess Theory

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I always wonder about people who have never found a streamer that just plays the game and interacts with chat about the game, it's systems, how skills work, and just spreads the knowledge they have.

But yea, everything is herp, derp. Or something

Maybe I could, but why? Plenty of that kind of stuff on YouTube in a condensed and searchable format.

I'm obviously missing something since it seems to be an activity sustainable enough to run a platform around. As I said, I'm probably just old.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

If you think of them as radio talk show hosts of the 21st century it makes more sense.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I find it best to just ignore all the marketing shit and "streamers" hot takes and just try the game, I'm not autistic like most of them so I won't really face what ever issue of the day they complain about. I enjoyed all the beta phases so I will play it for sure until I get bored and move over to playing FF16 which I have not followed either.

I played Rogue in the Server Slam so never tried the changes to Sorc and Necro. How did they play at the end when they had "fixed" the skeletons etc? Not sure if I will start as sorc or necro.