Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'd play D2 again if I still had the account. I'm not paying $20 for it. I lost my CD's and whatever account info I used at the time.

You can get a D2 cd key for waaaaaayyy less than that.

Shit, 10 years ago I was paying like $2 a key. Just look around.

Caliane

i think it was, diablo and his two bros were bad evils, somehow they put their souls into stones? the king is crazy and trying to put the diablo soulstone into his son, then himself, you win and realize you gotta stick it in your own head to contain the evil.
Diablo and bros put themselves into stones, and send the stones to Sanctuary.

Many years later Diablos stone is hidden in the Cathedral Catacombs. Archbishop Lazarous is slowly corrupted by D. D trys to influence good King Leoric, and slowly drives him mad, as the shadows around Tristram darken..
Archbishop Lazarous kidnaps Prince Albrecht and disappears into the depths of the Cathedral which has maddeningly seemed to have grown..

A stranger appears in town to give aid to the cursed town. Dark figures stalk the nights, attacks of unknown creatures assault the inn, and blacksmith..

you arrive too late to save the Prince, the archbiship slams the soulstone into him just before you arrive. Diablo awakens and descends into hell.

you kill Diablo, stick the soulstone into your own head to "contain him" then head East to the land of the Hordradic mages.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
What's with this "pick a side:" thing? As Nephilim YOU were a side. Demons and Angels were terrified of you because you were the rock to their scissors. You were the crux that unsettled the balance between light and dark. I don't remember the details from Act IV in Diablo III, but before female Diablo came and started tearing it all down, the Angels were fighting amongst themselves about you and the fate of the rest of the humans/Nephilim. I recall some self-important Angel prick getting all uppity about it.

Edit - Imperius. I just watched the Act IV intro cinematic.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Diablo 1s side quests were all awesome stories. I remember walking up to the cathedral for the first time ever and the bloody guy that gives you the Butcher quest was my opening NPC experience. What about the story for the Halls of the Eyeless? Shit was creepy as fuck and I loved it. The fact that D3 had villains with dialogue and in-game cutscenes was a travesty.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If this has a non-real world cash auction house, it will automatically be better than POE for me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was more to Diablo 1 than duping? Godly Plate of the Whale, Kings Sword of Haste... those will always be my fondest memory.
Full disclosure, as a young kid, someone told me dupe all your gear you had to drop it onto the ground and press Alt F4. You better believe I fell for that one.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
AH's work best in games with one form of currency. No one is going to be buying/selling high end items for gold. Even with gambling.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Isn't like high end items are the only items.

Everyone knows that the high end stuff will just have a barter kind of thing going on. Be it stones of jordan or something like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
There was more to Diablo 1 than duping? Godly Plate of the Whale, Kings Sword of Haste... those will always be my fondest memory.
Full disclosure, as a young kid, someone told me dupe all your gear you had to drop it onto the ground and press Alt F4. You better believe I fell for that one.

We've all fallen for the "52 Pick Up" once in our lives. And once for the "Alt-F4" thing too. It's nothing to be ashamed of! Provided it is only the once, of course.

I tried 52 pick up on my kid and he just snorted in disgust and walked away. Fucking kids these days, no respect.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
What's with this "pick a side:" thing? As Nephilim YOU were a side. Demons and Angels were terrified of you because you were the rock to their scissors. You were the crux that unsettled the balance between light and dark. I don't remember the details from Act IV in Diablo III, but before female Diablo came and started tearing it all down, the Angels were fighting amongst themselves about you and the fate of the rest of the humans/Nephilim. I recall some self-important Angel prick getting all uppity about it.

The pick-a-side thing was literally the ending of Diablo3's last expansion. It's exactly where Diablo's story ended.

It can only go towards a conflict amongst and between nephalem, since even Imperius and Tyrael knew nothing in heaven or hell could stop the Nephalem. If the pale summoner in the D4 trailer really is Rathma, that would make him Nephalem #1.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
If this has a non-real world cash auction house, it will automatically be better than POE for me.
They're gonna have trading but no Auction House at all. It'll be a race to make the first meta-trading app/site. I like some of the trading ideas they have, including having even the most powerful items bind-on-equip or even resellable up to a few times.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
idk how i feel about david kim. dude is super smart and did a good job with sc2.

idk if trying to live up to sc1 was ever gonna happen but if you look at sc2 it failed miserably in that regard.

• 1Picard

khorum

Murder Apologist
idk how i feel about david kim. dude is super smart and did a good job with sc2.

idk if trying to live up to sc1 was ever gonna happen but if you look at sc2 it failed miserably in that regard.

There's no shortage of gameplay and analysis videos from blizzcon to draw reasonable arguments for or against whichever direction the game is going. The devs' interviews with quin and rhykker have even more information about their philosophies about open world randomization, the economy and roguelike dungeons.

Of all the available information to build your speculation on, why bother with one dev's involvement with a previous project? From the way they described their careers in the d4 panel, most of the developers there were involved in any number of previous blizzard products you're just as likely to be fashionably cynical towards.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
you must be a stay at home mom or something because in the real world managers and leads are ultimately responsible for an end product's design

• 1Salty

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i mean just look at the dude who lead designed d3 originally... you trying to tell me that the 50 people on the team weren't saying shit about the dumb down version of the game and AH from day 1 and that it was some random developers ideas lol

• 1Salty

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
AH's work best in games with one form of currency. No one is going to be buying/selling high end items for gold. Even with gambling.

Is this a joke? PoE's trade sites have shown that any item for any item trading is an amazing way to diversify the economy. The only reason they haven't done an AH is because they don't want to make it too easy to find the shit you want. It is infuriating that they have an elaborate site for trading and won't just put it in the goddamn game so we can avoid AFKers and false posts.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
you must be a stay at home mom or something because in the real world managers and leads are ultimately responsible for an end product's design
Nope, I was just a "real world project manager" for some of the largest capital projects in the world; but thanks for asking. As far your analogy goes, a good project lead would be keeping talent and resources along the critical path according to a formal scope, not micromanaging minutiae like AH and UX design.

So if the game is delivered years behind schedule or ends up costing too much, then sure you can blame the project lead. But there's PLENTY of information out there to whine about, and __ALL__ the remaining blizzard devs are just as likely to be involved in some Blizzard game you're probably fashionably aloof about, so why would you need to draw conclusions about some dev's CV instead of the hours of gameplay and panel discussions that currently exist.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Game is probably pre-alpha and people are seriously overreacting. Alot can happen from here on. Wait till next Blizzcon when the game "should" be in beta and fleshed out more.

• 1Worf

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
are you kidding me... AH = management says we need to rake in the RMT... now the lead designer is responsible for implementing that. he can either push back a little bit or yes man it. dumb down version of a game = accessibilty = management says we need to market to as many people as possible... now the lead designer is responsible for implementing that. he can either put some of his own ideas around while still doing his job then thats not micro managing... PM lol

• 1Salty