Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Got Temerity to drop last night and I am effectively unkillable on my rogue. At 71, I can do Nightmare dungeons that are +28 without mobs being able to even break through my shield. It's absolutely broken.

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Have any of you did the 70 capstone dungeon yet? i realized last night it's "recommended" 70 and not required so im gonna give it a whirl after work tonight at lvl 61.

I tried the capstone on my summoner/bonespear necro at 58. I got to the final boss and everything was a one shot and I took a single bar off him before he basically screenwiped me. Tried again at 65 and cleared the place without a single death. Last boss was still pretty crazy, lots of really close calls but I was smashing his life bar.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well fuck, got two Uniques in 10 minutes and both are "Howl from Below" necro gloves...

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Leveling kinda slow post 50
I think this is intended. 50 is basically the pre-endgame.

They did a good job making it feel like the "real game" starts at 50 instead of starting at 100.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Have any of you did the 70 capstone dungeon yet? i realized last night it's "recommended" 70 and not required so im gonna give it a whirl after work tonight at lvl 61. I've already been doing NM 15 dungeons which are like lvl 68 mobs anyway so it should be fine.

Not having the double exp feels so awful though, going from 45-60 felt like forever, i assume people get that 70 dungeon done asap so they can level a lot faster
I did the capstone dungeon at level 62. I've seen people do it at 61 solo.

However, the lowest level mobs in Tier 4 are level 73, and they hit twice as hard, so you're not going to jump straight into tier 4 until 65 or 66.

• 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So did anyone else have a Monty python holy hand grenade moment when donan says "turn the wheel 3 times, no more, no less" in a5.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could have really like randomized a bit of the dungeon content. Every dungeon is go in, do x to unlock door 1, do y to unlock boss, kill boss.

Also , why am I level 42 and only getting item levels in the 20's ? I am playing on WT2 so I guess relative to WT1 I'm higher level at story checkpoints but just feels like I should be getting better shit at this point.

Some dont even have a boss. Just destroy 3 things, or free 6 prisoners etc. Not all end in a narrow walkway to a boss.

The ones I hate the most is "Clear all mobs", so annoying. I like objective ones, cause I can just run past all the stupid bow/ranged mobs that like to kite me and find rares/bosses and objectives.

The only thing that changes is map layout and affixes. Basically normal ARPG behavior.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
So did anyone else have a Monty python holy hand grenade moment when donan says "turn the wheel 3 times, no more, no less" in a5.

nah i was too annoyed by having to run back because you cant TP with the quicksilver in your inventory or it drops it.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So how are you REALLY fucking yourself. I mean if you play this for the single player experience, which I tend to do in these games, and many others like to solo these gams as well, like how exactly are you fucking yourself? From not being the first in some imaginary race? why would I want to be AFK?? I want to play the fucking game, lol. All the other bullshit is just bullshit IMO. every dungeon is like 1-2 min MAX from a fast travel point. And every game has shit thats repeated. It woull be fuckign awesome if every damned event was uniqe, but that shit is not happening.

I do agree with you about the combat. For some reason combat in this game feels like a chore. The whole generate, generate, unleash gets fuckign old real quick, and like you said, every class has this bullshit.

I didn't say doing it was wrong. You're just gimping your own power, and taking a much longer time than you need to. The classes are clearly balanced to be played together. Every class has some kind of synergy with another class, so your abilities are a certain level of power "because" the expectation that at least one of the synergies will take place. It also overcomes the level scaling for the most part. If you want to make the game take longer to experience solely due to basic friction, I mean, go for it.

I'm going to flat out disagree with you that dungeon runs are 1-2 minutes maximum. It's a lot longer than that. There are some that are short, sure. But a lot of them are not, and you're also not accounting for the fact that not every waypoint has a stash or anvil, so if you go from one dungeon to another one, and neither place has a stash and/or anvil, you need to pit-stop to the main town, and walk to the left of the portal into some house to handle the stash, then to the right of the portal to some building to handle the anvil, bring up the map, find the waypoint to port to, port to it then run to the map on a horse that's going to get hung up on every pebble and rubberband for 5 seconds after every area change. It's pure grift in the name of content. It serves no artistic purpose whatsoever, and exists for no other reason than to take longer to accomplish basic tasks. I will bet you that this is one of the first things that gets changed. Or, perhaps you're Chris Wilson, and want us to feel the burden of our inventory. If that's the case, then there's even less of a reason to play D4 unless you simply like the slower pace.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Why does a randomly generated franchise have 115 dungeons? Are they preset or limited randomness with copy/paste tilesets?

They are mostly copy pasta with aesthetics by region from what I see. Very limited boss types at the end with a few variations of kill X to complete as well.

Some of these postings "omg I endured 115 dungeons, no fun" (the game forced you, right?). I wonder how POE ultras manage to play the same boring map 1000 times for a 0.2% chance of a nice item. You guys sure you got the arpg genre right? D4 gives you a ton of various activities after finishing the story and really, don't grind all the shrines, then grind all the dungeons, then grind 500 tree glyphs etc.

The game didn't force anything, but there is zero chance I personally go back to do any sort of map chores once the new game smell wears off and having the completion bonuses is worth it for the future.

Also the "tons of activities" does not exist anywhere in this game. PvPvE zone, Helltide/Legion, 3 World Boss & Nightmare Dungeons all of which share the same exact 12 versions of events with a similar number of NPC types. You're literally doing the same handful of activities reskinned and no matter which flavor of shit you decide to eat first nothing changes that.

But none of that is important as it's a game about loot and blowing shit up and that part is pretty enjoyable.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Some of these postings "omg I endured 115 dungeons, no fun" (the game forced you, right?). I wonder how POE ultras manage to play the same boring map 1000 times for a 0.2% chance of a nice item. You guys sure you got the arpg genre right? D4 gives you a ton of various activities after finishing the story and really, don't grind all the shrines, then grind all the dungeons, then grind 500 tree glyphs etc.

Because:

The dungeons in poe are random every time and to complete the dungeon objectives, you need to simply kill the map boss. You don't have stupid shit like "collect this item on the far left side, then run to the far right side to collect the 2nd item so that you can open a door that leads to an area where you must kill all the monsters in the area, then open a door to kill a boss." If you want to clear the full map in poe, it's optional. Hell, you dont even have to kill the map boss if you already have completion. But in D4, it's not optional. There's no shortcuts. You must do the "quest" for the dungeon every time.

It's far more monotonous than poe's system. It sucks too, because I actually like D4s mapping system far more than PoEs. But PoE's is definitely more fun due to how it's implemented.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Fat jogger crying over the loss of his dipshit son. I hated that character.

Dude it was super projected too when you meet them.

"OH MAN WHAT EMOTIONAL HOOK THEY GUNNA USE TO GET ME TO CARE ABOUT CHARACTERS??"

• 1Barf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I will never understand developers fascination with making it tedious or difficult to change your spec or skill load out. Especially in ARPGs where there are multitudes of options and a high desire to experiment for much of the player base.

This is why ARPGs turn into "meta" fests with people just copy/pasting build guides... because it's such a hassle to actually experiment yourself.

I didn't care for Lost Ark but I thought it's system of allowing you to change your skills wherever you wanted, anywhere in the game world, for free was a great system. Instead most games are bogged down by annoying limitations regarding what should be a fundamental aspect of the ARPG genre

On a side note, Torchlight doesn't charge anything for respecs until level 80, and even then getting respec points is laughably easy. You have full knowledge of your build working well before level 80 and are free to experiment. It's a good system as well, just like LAs.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They are mostly copy pasta with aesthetics by region from what I see. Very limited boss types at the end with a few variations of kill X to complete as well.

The game didn't force anything, but there is zero chance I personally go back to do any sort of map chores once the new game smell wears off and having the completion bonuses is worth it for the future.

Also the "tons of activities" does not exist anywhere in this game. PvPvE zone, Helltide/Legion, 3 World Boss & Nightmare Dungeons all of which share the same exact 12 versions of events with a similar number of NPC types. You're literally doing the same handful of activities reskinned and no matter which flavor of shit you decide to eat first nothing changes that.

But none of that is important as it's a game about loot and blowing shit up and that part is pretty enjoyable.
This is the part where some shitlord comes in and says "welcome to ARPGs."

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback from you and Aladain (and Voldeth in discord). I was very much waffling on it but I wanted to give people time to give opinions that aren't new game smell. And it sounds like it's really going to be a play for a week and forget about it forever type of game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users