Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Fucker

Log Wizard
Think of 50 as somewhat of a "softcap" and then another psuedo softcap happens at 70. It's similar to PoE in that regard. Most builds in PoE are "done" by level 85ish and the rest are just filler points for small gains here and there.

People bitching about the leveling speed have never done the 90+ grind in PoE "legit" - before they added 5 ways, pure breachstones, etc.
Worst level grind I've seen was in Anarchy Online. I quit for a year, one woman in the clan played the whole time and still didn't get max level.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Worst level grind I've seen was in Anarchy Online. I quit for a year, one woman in the clan played the whole time and still didn't get max level.

yeah there have been some grinders over the years. I don't think I ever got close to 200 or 220 I forget in AO. I was like ~150 on my Fixer. I spent too much time pvping in that game :p

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished the story, and I enjoyed it for the most part. The WTF part was....

So the bitch can snap Inarus's weapon in half with her wing, but it barely does any damage to you in the boss fight? lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Finally finished the story, and I enjoyed it for the most part. The WTF part was....

So the bitch can snap Inarus's weapon in half with her wing, but it barely does any damage to you in the boss fight? lol
Thats not the final form, I guess you do the fight over again in end game. Its a story fight you witnessed.

• 1Worf

Burns

Level grind is just silly. I wonder how many people are going to nope out of it completely. Game would be a lot more appealing if the level cap was 50.
I haven't seen past 54, but I don't think the level grind will be required unless you want to push the leaderboards (depending on how those are set up) or if they make hitting level 100 part of the season journey. Regardless, I doubt I will ever hit 100 in this game, and if it is part of the season journey then I may not even play those (unless it's the last step on the journey, and it's for something like a second pet as a reward).

As others have said, the scaling is a bit weird. I don't even know how much some of the gear matters, as long as you have the right legendary abilities on your gear (unless you need to hit thresholds to make the build work). While level 45 to 50 I had a gear level average of around level 34. I upgraded to maybe a 41 gear average at player level 51 or 52 and not much changed. I just took my weapon from level 44 to 53 and, again, didn't notice much of a change.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need to nerf the resource burn on ranged mob affix, imo. Got into a room , that you cant kite as its sealed on both ends, spawns about 10 mobs, 4 big knight rares, 4 caster rares and some trash. I trigger my full spirit passive, start casting pulverize, and in the time the animation starts going, they have burned off all the spirit and it cancels the ability. Even though there was spirit to start casting it. Goes through barriers. Made it through half the dungeon kiting around corners and such to build spirit/split ranged mobs up but cant proceed without that room done.

Will just to start salvaging keys with that on it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Lineage 2. So ridiculous. When Korean grind fests were about the PAIN.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shmoopy

About to hit 60 on Frostburn Sorcerer. This is the best of Wow Frost Mage, Diablo 2 Sorceress, and Jaina from HOTS, all combined. Super fun class.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Got up to Tier 9 in Nightmare Dungeons and the Necro pets are starting to get weaker. I'm guessing it gets worse the higher you go.

Might start a Sorc to mix it up a bit as they seem to have some fun builds also.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm slow as hell, I'm 49 and maybe halfway through Act 2. :)

I'm doing all the side content I find though, ended up doing a bunch of dungeons twice since I explore it and then get a side quest that sends me back there.

I don't mind though, I'm playing with a friend and we're having a good time.
Ha, I'm level 27 and haven't done any of the main quest. Just side stuff ever since reaching Kyovashad. And I had early access. That's slooooooooow.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Got up to Tier 9 in Nightmare Dungeons and the Necro pets are starting to get weaker. I'm guessing it gets worse the higher you go.

Might start a Sorc to mix it up a bit as they seem to have some fun builds also.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Skill diversity or better the lack thereof

wg0uqercx25b1.png

From this r/d4 thread:
Sample size were the first SC players reaching max level. Yes "play what you like" but the "fun build" gets old when you get your fun inserted backwards in WT3 or above.

I tried some variations but the way D4 plays in Dungeons most of the time, large groups sizes, not much space to move around sometimes, enemies have insane melee range, shit teleporting on top of you out of nowhere, make some builds really annoying to play. Also some classes have shitty defense options it seems.

I know, Season 1 will fix this, maybe set items, but still. What's so hard to balance 4,5 core skills.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Sounds like Blizzard should sell inventory tabs! They also need loot filters. Damn.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Would kill for loot filter.

L73 now and doing 40-45 nightmare dungeons pretty comfy solo, but they are still hard to carry a 4 man group.

With how slow the 5 glyphs I use are taking to level by the time I get them to 21 I'll hit L100 it seems.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Her final form should be in story. Anything else is just gear farming now.

Ya, because ARPGs always make the hardest boss fight the one that ends the story and begins the real game (gear farming/mass slaughter, like you said).
Sample size were the first SC players reaching max level. Yes "play what you like" but the "fun build" gets old when you get your fun inserted backwards in WT3 or above.

I tried some variations but the way D4 plays in Dungeons most of the time, large groups sizes, not much space to move around sometimes, enemies have insane melee range, shit teleporting on top of you out of nowhere, make some builds really annoying to play. Also some classes have shitty defense options it seems.

I know, Season 1 will fix this, maybe set items, but still. What's so hard to balance 4,5 core skills.
Sample size of people who poopsock their way to max level asap doesn't really mean much but it's also a side effect of everyone getting slapped in the face every time they turn around with videos saying "OMG x skill is MANDATORY or you'll be STUCK ON WT1 FOREVER!" stupid shit youtube clickbait nonsense, or people on forums saying the same, etc.

On a related note, tho, how are sorcs using 4 defensive skills? I couldn't figure out how to use multiple skills of same tier during the first beta, haven't tried since launch since I assumed it still wouldn't let me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lv30 and looks like I'm at the end of Act 3.

So my strategy is to rush the story to mount, then do waypoints/conquests/statues in Act1/2/3 then do one act at a time from there.

With level scaling it feels like there's no incentive to level up, so unlocks take precedence?

• 1Like