Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
It’s beyond stupid and one of my biggest problems with the game. No public chat makes it seem really dead too.

Like not one of those trannies knows how to program a chat channel.
It's on purpose, they don't want to have to pay for moderators and can't let players chat freely because they might go against "the message".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's on purpose, they don't want to have to pay for moderators and can't let players chat freely because they might go against "the message".
Download Heroes of the Storm.

Enter General Chat.

Read for 30 seconds.

That's why we don't have general chats.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Have been doing this since level 60. Just terrible luck.
The level of "randomness" or lack thereof completely blows my mind. , I was trying to upgrade my helm as a Barb for 15 levels, from 50 to 65, 10 level of tier 3 and 5 level of tier 4, thousands of obols poured into helms. X Not just legos but I would consider any Rare helm with 4 affixes; I was looking for the right affixes, 3 of 4 was in consideration, 2 I could live with if they were the right two; you can always overwrite the Aspect. I once got 10 helms from obols, half legendaries, 8 of them had +Steel Grasp on them. Great, except I don't use Steel Grasp. Not going fast, waiting so I would maybe hit another random seed or something. I would looking for +%strength or +%willpower, +%armor, cooldown reduction, and + damage of some sort, preferably just straight damage. So many BS affixes. I finally after 15 levels I got one that dropped off a World boss with three good affixes and lucked out when I enchanted to a 4th. That it had a good Aspect on it already was icing.

So many bad items doesn't make the "chase" any better, it just removes the excitement one gets when you see an item drop knowing 99.99% of the time even if its a lego/unique its going to be trash/unusable/not an upgrade in your build.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It seems turning off cross-play makes the PVP a solo zone. I farmed up enough of the currency to get the mount tonight. I didn't run into anyone on my PS5.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Enter General Chat.

Read for 30 seconds.

Wait can opposite enemy teams talk to each other in HOTS now? Has Blizzard finally debunked the myth that they use high AI bots to fill spots on their dead game?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So many bad items doesn't make the "chase" any better, it just removes the excitement one gets when you see an item drop knowing 99.99% of the time even if its a lego/unique its going to be trash/unusable/not an upgrade in your build.

Immediately identifiable upgrades were a major part of the Immortal itemization.

The dopamine is just that much bigger for the aforementioned reasons in your post. Both D3 and Immortal utilize more rewarding item systems.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wait can opposite enemy teams talk to each other in HOTS now? Has Blizzard finally debunked the myth that they use high AI bots to fill spots on their dead game?
No. There's a general chat when you enter the game itself. It's a bunch of omega edgelords trying to be outrageous and all I can think is what human being is trying to impress/anger people in fucking HOTS at 2am EST on a weekday. You can usually catch some gamer words in the first 2-3 lines of text. It's like a bunch of Boozecubes with no friends trying to be more outrageous than each other, but no one is listening to them so they're not getting attention and they just keep ramping it up and up. Super sad.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Chris

Potato del Grande
The level of "randomness" or lack thereof completely blows my mind. , I was trying to upgrade my helm as a Barb for 15 levels, from 50 to 65, 10 level of tier 3 and 5 level of tier 4, thousands of obols poured into helms. X Not just legos but I would consider any Rare helm with 4 affixes; I was looking for the right affixes, 3 of 4 was in consideration, 2 I could live with if they were the right two; you can always overwrite the Aspect. I once got 10 helms from obols, half legendaries, 8 of them had +Steel Grasp on them. Great, except I don't use Steel Grasp. Not going fast, waiting so I would maybe hit another random seed or something. I would looking for +%strength or +%willpower, +%armor, cooldown reduction, and + damage of some sort, preferably just straight damage. So many BS affixes. I finally after 15 levels I got one that dropped off a World boss with three good affixes and lucked out when I enchanted to a 4th. That it had a good Aspect on it already was icing.

I've never had good Legs or Boots drop. Ever.

• 1Truth!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I've never had good Legs or Boots drop. Ever.
I switched from Rogue to Barb while waiting for a friend to come back from vacation because once I hit 50 I couldn't get reasonable upgrades to survive solo in Helltides. Barb just rolls through them when as the melee Twisting Blades Rogue I would inenvitably hit an Elite or pack of Elites and bite it and lose my cinders. Now, knowing what I know, once I hit 80/85 on the Barb I may go back to the Rogue (I plan on playing a Necro for Season 1) and will probably succeed but its easy to see why people gravitate towards the classes they do, because the game can be so stingy with good loot for what you need.

Disclaimer: The problem on Rogue was obviously mine and my playstyle. 1-50 on Rogue was so easy and fun but I didn't adapt very well for the tougher game in WT3.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I switched from Rogue to Barb while waiting for a friend to come back from vacation because once I hit 50 I couldn't get reasonable upgrades to survive solo in Helltides. Barb just rolls through them when as the melee Twisting Blades Rogue I would inenvitably hit an Elite or pack of Elites and bite it and lose my cinders. Now, knowing what I know, once I hit 80/85 on the Barb I may go back to the Rogue (I plan on playing a Necro for Season 1) and will probably succeed but its easy to see why people gravitate towards the classes they do, because the game can be so stingy with good loot for what you need.

Disclaimer: The problem on Rogue was obviously mine and my playstyle. 1-50 on Rogue was so easy and fun but I didn't adapt very well for the tougher game in WT3.
Use Flurry, Twisting Blades may have higher theoretical DPS but you'll lose damage to not having perfect positioning - which will happen if you ever need to dodge something - and there's a short ramp up time Flurry doesn't have.

I had Puncture/Flurry then Dash/Conceal/Shadowstep for movement and Posion Imbue for burst damage.

Damage reduction from Vulnerable and other Vulnerable buffs are way better with Flurry too since it applies it to everything very quickly.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Use Flurry, Twisting Blades may have higher theoretical DPS but you'll lose damage to not having perfect positioning - which will happen if you ever need to dodge something - and there's a short ramp up time Flurry doesn't have.

I had Puncture/Flurry then Dash/Conceal/Shadowstep for movement and Posion Imbue for burst damage.

Damage reduction from Vulnerable and other Vulnerable buffs are way better with Flurry too since it applies it to everything very quickly.
Thanks! I have seen videos from Raxx and NeckTwo advising this very thing as well. Its respec ahoy once I head back and my build was almost the same, except I was Shadow rather than Poison Imbue and I didn't have Conceal; Obviously Puncture to apply Vuln and Twisting Blades for the main attack. Now I need to log back into the Rogue to see what my build was <desperately tried to avoid ADD>

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It's hard to spec out of poison because there's just so much enjoyment in chunking a boss in 2 seconds. I wish the game had boss heavy affixes or had more bosses in certain modes, so keeping poison would be even better. I'm running no poison right now after messing with Rapid Fire/Barrage/Pen Shot (none of them feel as satisfying combat wise as TB/Flurry so I ended up back as flurry with shadow imbue). All my aspects/gear is altered to support no poison now so it's not a matter of switching points back either.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks! I have seen videos from Raxx and NeckTwo advising this very thing as well. Its respec ahoy once I head back and my build was almost the same, except I was Shadow rather than Poison Imbue and I didn't have Conceal; Obviously Puncture to apply Vuln and Twisting Blades for the main attack. Now I need to log back into the Rogue to see what my build was <desperately tried to avoid ADD>
It's exactly the same/gear build, just with Flurry so respec is super easy as long as you have +Flurry gloves ready to go.

The movement skills and imbuements are all personal preference.

• 1Solidarity

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Flurry is a little better for early and mid game but end game twisting is massively superior. It basically does the same aoe dmg while having like 5x the single target dmg.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Enter General Chat.

Read for 30 seconds.

Worked just fine on old school battle.net when you could just make your own chatrooms like IRC.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It’s beyond stupid and one of my biggest problems with the game. No public chat makes it seem really dead too.

I really felt that impact on Last Epoch. Even though it had zero multi-player at the time, there was the ability for global chat.

The game seemed alive with it, and I didn't really realize how much of an impact it made until it was disabled for a few weeks for a fix.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
People would have to want to talk to them in order for them to see that benefit.

Talking with Software Dev's who had never done anything at an agent/front line basis was clear as day in how they designed things. Same thing here probably

Chris

Potato del Grande
The devs are all trannies who moderate discorda and subreddits in their spare time, they know they don't have the resources for moderation and know how much effort it takes to protect groomers. So no chat.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users