Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"But D4 isn't being rushed to a release date!

A tester told me it's not ready and the game is impossible to release!"

Blizzard:

"Hold my beer. We're taking preorders tomorrow"

1667793509202.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure they look at 'release' as 'open beta'. Why keep it bottled up when you can make revenue now and then fix things in 'content release patches'?

Assholes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Unless everyone on here says how awesome it is I’m not even looking at gameplay videos anymore. Fuck whatever Blizzard has become, they get no more money from me.

• 7Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't really kept up with it, I like the nightmare and helltide stuff at the beginning of this.

I tried the demo of Undecember and it didn't click, I'll have to give it another try.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I haven't really kept up with it, I like the nightmare and helltide stuff at the beginning of this.

I tried the demo of Undecember and it didn't click, I'll have to give it another try.
Bullshit.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Unless everyone on here says how awesome it is I’m not even looking at gameplay videos anymore. Fuck whatever Blizzard has become, they get no more money from me.

I'm still amazed how many people are excited about the new WoW expansion on these very forums.

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 11 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Just skimmed thru that vid. Graphically and movement wise that looks great. Movement looks fluid to my eye. Have any of US here on FoH played, and said this is absolute shit? Forget content. Just what you have played and how it feels.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>

I have no idea what game the people he spoke to are playing. The combat stinks and everyone said it feels good?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching the first few minutes of that, movement looks slow and mob density looks paltry. I don't mind moving slow if it's offset by having to mow through swarms of shit, but if I'm moving slowly and the landscape only has mobs scattered around, just not really enjoyable to look at.

Did like the look of leapslamming down cliffs, pretty irksome when the z-axis gets in the way of movement skills.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Watching the first few minutes of that, movement looks slow and mob density looks paltry. I don't mind moving slow if it's offset by having to mow through swarms of shit, but if I'm moving slowly and the landscape only has mobs scattered around, just not really enjoyable to look at.

Did like the look of leapslamming down cliffs, pretty irksome when the z-axis gets in the way of movement skills.

It does look slow, but don't most of these games start that way. Same with mob density.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
It does look slow, but don't most of these games start that way. Same with mob density.

The entire open world is sparsely populated like that, unless you're doing an event. Dungeons are much more densely packed. In the open world you can easily go 5 seconds without seeing a single enemy, fight a small pack of 5ish mobs, then go another 5 seconds before seeing something again ad nauseum

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will see. I don't write anything off until it's released and can see some feedback through the usual means. Just have to read between the lines of the usual fanboys and usual haters. Could be bad, could be good. I hated d3 at the start, but later had fun playing certain seasons and builds(never for long, but it was fun to jump in for a couple weeks at a time).

I do find it hilarious of some of the posters in here, who had no issues giving god knows how much to diablo immortal, but make cracks at this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bullshit.
He starts to read the peoples comment where they clown on it at around ~17 minutes. You can tell he's super excited though and neglects to read into them much.

I'm still amazed how many people are excited about the new WoW expansion on these very forums.
I'm the main one keeping that thread active. I havent preordered the expansion. I have $370 bucks left in my Battle.net balance if i want too. I have beta access and Im reporting back on it. Blizzard didnt touch me in my no-no spot. Besides, if we're being honest.. people have spent their own money on far shittier products in the MMO space lately.

Will see. I don't write anything off until it's released and can see some feedback through the usual means. Just have to read between the lines of the usual fanboys and usual haters. Could be bad, could be good. I hated d3 at the start, but later had fun playing certain seasons and builds(never for long, but it was fun to jump in for a couple weeks at a time).

I do find it hilarious of some of the posters in here, who had no issues giving god knows how much to diablo immortal, but make cracks at this.
This is ultimately how I feel. I didnt mind Lost Ark and I can see where they took a lot of inspiration from it. Im not a fool enough to think that they didnt draw inspiration from the monetization either, though. Most of what Ive read about from people testing Diablo 4 is that... its just kind of generic. Which is a lot more damning than having some bugs. Which, oddly enough, is how I feel about Dragonflight when I play it.

• 3Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
"But D4 isn't being rushed to a release date!

A tester told me it's not ready and the game is impossible to release!"

Blizzard:

"Hold my beer. We're taking preorders tomorrow"

View attachment 441625
Imagine paying for a pre-order in 2022.

But I suppose there are simps for everything these days.

I say that knowing full well I was a simp for the Diablo 2 remaster........

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Memberberries may be fucking with me, but I remember the fallen camps in d2 being like 20-40 mobs right past the first zone, and most of the zones being fairly similarly packed with stuff.

I can understand that movement speed increases as you level, through gear or talents/paragon, but fuck if it doesn't make for boring looking gameplay footage. Worse yet, if they cap it arbitrarily.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Memberberries may be fucking with me, but I remember the fallen camps in d2 being like 20-40 mobs right past the first zone, and most of the zones being fairly similarly packed with stuff.
Yeah that's in the second zone.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider

He mentioned D3 like 5 times in the first 2.5min: this is like D3, this is closest to D3, that is similar to D3... GTFO with D3, it's shit, it destroyed the franchise. I still play D2 every once in a while, 20+ years later. D3? Haven't touched it in the last 10 years. Now this reminded me to have a 10 years anniversary party, 10 years of not giving Actibliz fags any $$$.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Imagine paying for a pre-order in 2022.

But I suppose there are simps for everything these days.

I say that knowing full well I was a simp for the Diablo 2 remaster........
I've got no problem preordering for a game concept or company I like and want to support and encourage avid gamers to do the same. Blizzard and Diablo4 are the furthest from that.

• 3Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got no problem preordering for a game concept or company I like and want to support and encourage avid gamers to do the same. Blizzard and Diablo4 are the furthest from that.
Same here, Hollow Knight as an example was good enough I'll pre-order anything similar Team Cherry creates. Nothing in Blizzard's catalogue is that way any more though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
While on principle I agree with you both, the practice DOES encourage studios (or, probably more accurately, publishers) to release games in unfinished, lower quality states.

In the age of brick and mortar stores and limited game boxes on shelves, pre-ordering a game you really wanted to play made a lot of sense (after playing the beta of WoW, you know I immediately preordered my copy of WoW full release). But in the age of digital distribution I don't get the allure. I know some collectors like the extra stuff they may add to the promotion, but that is, imo, just feeding the beast and falling prey to the marketing machine.

But to each his own.

• 3Like