Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I got myself a 64gb 2 weeks ago and have a 1tb ssd on the way. A bit cheaper than going for the 512gb model. But it depends if you are lazy and/or "rich".

Think the ssd arrives today so will take it apart later tonight and install it.

D4 runs really well on it but I'm not quite used to controller in it yet.
Ya I saw you can self upgrade the ssd so I ordered the 256gb for $20. That was a no brainer. 2 week wait for the deck though. Any recommendations on protective cases?

Yeah it’s gonna be weird doing twisting blades on a controller. Watch me end up buying a controller for my desktop.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Ive given up on sorc, feeling mana starved for fucking ever is terrible gameplay.
Sorc is complete ass until you can solve the mana problem. I didn't see mana on lucky hit or high -mana cost items to fix it until lvl 68. Fairly min/maxed Ice Shards at lvl 90 the kill rate is perfect for the game's density. Nm dungeon bosses 5+ lvls above die in 5-10 seconds. Ice nova's CD can be an issue and I'd like to shave another 3-4 seconds off mine.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Good patch, but LOL at the implementation of the dungeon teleport shit.

They could have TP'ed you directly IN the dungeon but nah, let's have you get a loading screen (in an open world) to TP right in FRONT OF IT then load again into the dungeon. Because it makes sense.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I rolled a sorc the other day after my druid got to 80, been trying to play fire sorc and holy shit it's ass. My druid was stronger even before my druid actually got strong, and i'm not even using the popular strong builds on him. The damage is absolute ass, on most of the fire abilities it needs to be at least tripled.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are there any bow builds on Rogue or is everyone doing that Twisted blade skill? Played a bit of it in Beta but did not do any "official" build.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I rolled a sorc the other day after my druid got to 80, been trying to play fire sorc and holy shit it's ass. My druid was stronger even before my druid actually got strong, and i'm not even using the popular strong builds on him. The damage is absolute ass, on most of the fire abilities it needs to be at least tripled.
Just wait till you switch to the one viable build and then try to gear it. Sorcerer really flaunts how blazingly shit D4's loot is. Sorcerer has a very narrow window of viable loot which makes it a complete pain in the nuts to find upgrades for. I'm L70 and still wearing gear from L 50 in some slots, and I only have a few L60+ items.

And then there's the paragon board gayness. I looked at board 4, and it can straight up be skipped in its entirety save for the glyph slot.

Skill tree similarly sucks. Nothing worth choosing from mastery and conjuration.

Oh wait, sorcerer a ranged class? The only viable build puts you in melee range of everything. Fine for lower levels, but not so great when things start hitting hard.

And then the loot...there's only two unique for the one viable build...no frost weapon at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Araxen

Just wait till you switch to the one viable build and then try to gear it. Sorcerer really flaunts how blazingly shit D4's loot is. Sorcerer has a very narrow window of viable loot which makes it a complete pain in the nuts to find upgrades for. I'm L70 and still wearing gear from L 50 in some slots, and I only have a few L60+ items.

And then there's the paragon board gayness. I looked at board 4, and it can straight up be skipped in its entirety save for the glyph slot.

Skill tree similarly sucks. Nothing worth choosing from mastery and conjuration.

Oh wait, sorcerer a ranged class? The only viable build puts you in melee range of everything. Fine for lower levels, but not so great when things start hitting hard.

And then the loot...there's only two unique for the one viable build...no frost weapon at all.

I'm level 68, and yeah, what you said. I am not running a meta build though. I'm doing a frost nova to invulnerable/freeze the mobs and then chaining lighting large packs up. It's fun till you run out of mana which seems part for the course with the class. lol

This will be the first and last time I run Sorcerer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are there any bow builds on Rogue or is everyone doing that Twisted blade skill? Played a bit of it in Beta but did not do any "official" build.
Penetrating shot is really solid and Barrage is decent as well, which also saw a decent little buff this patch.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is +damage from talents (like Weapon Mastery or Malice) in the same bucket as +damage from gear and paragon?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Wudijo saying barrage seems to be the best of them and it seems to be the best of the leveling up ones as well as very strong end game. Pen shot is pretty trash until end game and then it can become absurd with pretty disgustingly high crits. Imo however TB is still the best skill overall but only by a small margin now.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I switched from TB to flurry and enjoy it more the TB. Thinking of trying out the build wudijo is currently working on tho, sort of a hybrid thing:

Ya I will say flurry feels a little more fun to use overall but TB is just simply better. It clears packs at only a slightly slower speed but its single target damage is just several magnitudes better.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Damn. I was going to try Sorc. Guess I'll try Druid. I can't go thru a horrid leveling experience again after Barb.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya I will say flurry feels a little more fun to use overall but TB is just simply better. It clears packs at only a slightly slower speed but its single target damage is just several magnitudes better.

Should also be noted wudijo is against CP builders. He won't make a build that relies on combo points.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wudijo saying barrage seems to be the best of them and it seems to be the best of the leveling up ones as well as very strong end game. Pen shot is pretty trash until end game and then it can become absurd with pretty disgustingly high crits. Imo however TB is still the best skill overall but only by a small margin now.

Seconded. Penetrating shot is junk for grinding/leveling. Barrage build is the smoothest and most aesthetic movement wise. The fact you can drop Barrage then move is too big of an advantage to write off.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Damn. I was going to try Sorc. Guess I'll try Druid. I can't go thru a horrid leveling experience again after Barb.

I'm playing sorc now, with everyone saying how bad it is at high levels I think it's a silver lining since I'm getting this class "out of the way" as I'm learning the game. So better now than later.

Come season 1 I'm obviously going to choose something else, probably rogue or druid.

Whenever they decide to re-balance sorcs and make them more viable, I can always come back to it.

Araxen

You haven't even hit the part of the game where the class is a pain to play. Once you do, you will really hate it.

Yeah, that is what I'm suspecting. As soon as I hit T4, it's going to be endless frustration. Which sucks!