Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
played last night (weeknights we play at most 2hrs cuz you know)

anyone notice all the spawn timers is off? logged 30mins b/4 the timer for worldboss was up but he was gonna spawn in 10min

i just use helltides and d4planner, both were wrongish

guarantee'd legendary makes the legions and chasing after the goblin worthwhile, nitemares feel nerfed, we were doing 21 as an appropriate challenge, and 22's were too easy don't have a anymore higher levels yet
Even at 60 - I have yet to get the main Aspect for my weapon. Havent seen it drop once this season, where I had multiples of it on Eternal (the ossified one) and I wasnt even 40 with my Necro there. But even w/o that, I obliterate dungeons. I cant tell where there is any density upgrade at all except when I do the events. Ive been doing them for the obols so maybe, just maybe, I can roll the lotto on for the ossified aspect. BUT, they didnt balance the events behind the new density. So if you're unlucky enough that all you get is the mobs that spit from a distance, you're likely to just get a participation trophy on it. At that point, even if you are farming obols - might as well just walk away.

Would really appreciate someone telling me if the Ossified Aspect (not the trait), isnt in the season or it only drops from a certain boss. Hell Tides havent given me shit to work with, either.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Strange. G/f and I are only in our 50's but we see them all the time. Have 3 barbers from 2.0 to 2.1 stock piled.

G/f's intent on finishing the season, but at this pace - I dont think we will. I personally dont give a shit, but thats besides the point apparently. lol

Meh. Maybe 100 wrathfuls and I have seen 2 Barbers.
The density changes didn't really do anything for the mid-game slog. While it feels better combat-wise, and picks up the pace, low tier nightmare is still trash exp.

The slog doesn't pick up unless you are one of the builds that can do t40 NM very early and very fast (and I mean fucking fast). I.E. druid and to a lesser extent necro this season. That's the only time the leveling curve feels "appropriate" for the effort vs amount of fun to be had grinding this piece of shit game. You literally have to be one of the broken specs with high mobility and able to absolutely curb stomp through high NM to make the game feel like it should in terms of items and experience gains.

That's a swing and a miss that'll have to be addressed before anyone who was put off the game returns for any future seasons. A slog is fine if there is some fun or some carrots in it. We know we aren't getting carrots or fun-- so getting the slog addressed is the only thing that might bring people back for another season.

What are you considering mid game?

Also if anyone wants to just bum exp off my NM dungeons, you're more than welcome. Regardless if if you're doing 10+ exp runs, I don't mind clearing everything.

FYI, I am level 91. Doing level 70 NM's. I have NOT seen a new piece of gear in 12 levels now.

Last edited:

KoahLei

Karen
Even at 60 - I have yet to get the main Aspect for my weapon. Havent seen it drop once this season, where I had multiples of it on Eternal (the ossified one) and I wasnt even 40 with my Necro there. But even w/o that, I obliterate dungeons. I cant tell where there is any density upgrade at all except when I do the events. Ive been doing them for the obols so maybe, just maybe, I can roll the lotto on for the ossified aspect. BUT, they didnt balance the events behind the new density. So if you're unlucky enough that all you get is the mobs that spit from a distance, you're likely to just get a participation trophy on it. At that point, even if you are farming obols - might as well just walk away.

Would really appreciate someone telling me if the Ossified Aspect (not the trait), isnt in the season or it only drops from a certain boss. Hell Tides havent given me shit to work with, either.
It's there. Gotten 2 or 3 and I'm 60.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can confirm Wraithful Invokers are dropping consistently in Nightmare Dungeons. I am averaging 1 Wraithful Invoker drop per run.

I actually got my first Barber as a drop in a Nightmare Dungeon. The second one (I needed 2 - 1 for 59 Sorc and 1 for 60 Necro) I needed to grind around 4 tunnels.

59 Sorc did the grinding for them with new Fireball build. Doesn't really work without the gloves, but I find that build more fun than raining down ice.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm still playing my lvl 53 barb - I find helltides really good exp on WT3. I actually run into players from time to time too!

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone still playing after bg3 drop?

still plowing through nightmares and t4 for now with a couple RL buds and having fun, not grinding every night (we are 70~80s), trying new builds and what not. I play a necro so the s1 spice has been fun. i'm sure sooner than later it will get old but blowing shit up with friends is a good time for now.

i received two barbers from the same dungeon within about 3minutes a week ago, was super weird.
It's there. Gotten 2 or 3 and I'm 60.
I got one this morning and I've at least seen two others. Once you hit t4 i feel like loot rains from the sky and Aspects aren't an issue, and you get the better (gold) ones as well.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm still playing my lvl 53 barb - I find helltides really good exp on WT3. I actually run into players from time to time too!

Helltide design really pisses me off. It's kinda fun due to mob density (the meteor showers get old fast though), but then there's the added mental overhead of the fucking timer/schedule, and then having to have my phone open to helltides.com just so I can find the worthwhile chests.

Fuck these developers so hard man. Goddamn garbage always-online MMO horseshit.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

If you are referring to the Aspect of Serration, I can confirm it drops, I have gotten it a few times.

I finally won the lotto and got my first Ring of Mendeln (at lvl 75), and of course it rolled the lowest lucky hit chance possible.

• 1Solidarity

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
The more things I want from this game the more I feel like I shouldn't even play it.

I really wish they had put in the time and effort to make all these legendary powers into uniques. And not this lazy half assed rare with a power on it.

I can't stand the whole account bound items garbage.

I wish it had crafting. I'd even settle for straight copy paste d2 crafting.

Why is gem crafting tied to your level? Wth is that about.

Only 4 stats per item? That's dumb

Also why so many stupid ass stats that are 99% the same thing

The whole armor stops magic damage is fucking dumb. They want to fix resists? Then make armor only block physical damage.

The AA grid looks like a 8yr old made it. Why is it so ugly eith almost no graphics? And why do squares instead of 6 or even 8 sided spheres. These would have allowed for so much more diversity.

Yeh I know. I'm kinda just venting about it lol. But Jesus christ

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stat progression and Ability progression should be seperate systems, it sucks getting an item which is a stat upgrade but wrecks your build or vice versa.

All these legendary powers should be on the paragon board. It should be avaliable from lv1 and maybe even have boards be something you obtain through gameplay.

lost

<Bronze Donator>

Ossified exists but I haven’t seen it much. Kind of like exposed flesh.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I finally put my finger on why the game feels so off compared to prior Diablo games (or any other game honestly).

There's no fucking enemy impact sounds. They have death sounds. And your abilities have sounds. But THERE ARE NO SOUNDS FOR IMPACTING ENEMIES. The easiest way to notice this is to hammer on a strong skeleton that will take 30 seconds to kill. This is where I finally nailed it down, doing the WT4 capstone with my wife at level 60, thus everything took awhile to kill. I've always had this feeling of impotence and frustration when things don't die within 0-2 seconds. Now I know why. It's because I feel like a fucking wet noodle doing nothing, because I don't hear some kind of impact sound coming from the monster I'm supposedly whaling on. Skeletons especially would usually have some sort of bone crunching/crackling sound. Even fucking Everquest got this right.

Fucking hell these devs blow chunks. How do you release a supposedly-AAA game that has no fucking impact sounds?

-edit- for more detail, the ability I most used was druid pulverize, which has an ability sound akin to a bass whoosh. When you dump 4 of them back to back (with barber heart especially, thus HP doesn't move for a bit) and nothing happens, it's VERY noticeable. Releasing 4 bass whooshes into an enemy's face to no effect is pretty fucking demoralizing. Hearing something crunch is how you get your players to feel good about trying to take down tough shit.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 9 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fucking hell these devs blow chunks. How do you release a supposedly-AAA game that has no fucking impact sounds?
Well if they went out into the desert to record genuine impact sounds against a pig carcass, that would invoice some form of violence and anti-veganism, which is against Blizzard's core values.

Also I'm not sure if gay men, trannies and fat women are capable of swinging an axe to get an impact sound.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I switched my barb spec up since I got a Fields of Crimson. WW with rupture and points in anything bleed related is fun fun!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I finally put my finger on why the game feels so off compared to prior Diablo games (or any other game honestly).

There's no fucking enemy impact sounds. They have death sounds. And your abilities have sounds. But THERE ARE NO SOUNDS FOR IMPACTING ENEMIES. The easiest way to notice this is to hammer on a strong skeleton that will take 30 seconds to kill. This is where I finally nailed it down, doing the WT4 capstone with my wife at level 60, thus everything took awhile to kill. I've always had this feeling of impotence and frustration when things don't die within 0-2 seconds. Now I know why. It's because I feel like a fucking wet noodle doing nothing, because I don't hear some kind of impact sound coming from the monster I'm supposedly whaling on. Skeletons especially would usually have some sort of bone crunching/crackling sound. Even fucking Everquest got this right.

-edit- for more detail, the ability I most used was druid pulverize, which has an ability sound akin to a bass whoosh. When you dump 4 of them back to back (with barber heart especially, thus HP doesn't move for a bit) and nothing happens, it's VERY noticeable. Releasing 4 bass whooshes into an enemy's face to no effect is pretty fucking demoralizing. Hearing something crunch is how you get your players to feel good about trying to take down tough shit.
Isn’t this the game they went out into the desert to record fire, insect noises and coyote farts? Bragging about how hard they went at the sound aspect it’s funny to hear they even fucked that up.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider

Holy shit. I can't unhear this now

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

you have a point, b/4 i got rogue unique dagger, i would count the times i heard the knife throw "puncture", b/c i use combo pts, 3 puncture and i can use flurry. now that i have the unique dagger, 1/2 or 3 punctures can fill up the combo pts, so i don't even listen no more

sound is worthless and has no "impact"

• 1Dislike

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Stop making Barbarian sound fun damnit! This must be what those people hoping for a new movie feel like in the meme Dredd 2 thread.

cover4.jpg

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The more things I want from this game the more I feel like I shouldn't even play it.

I really wish they had put in the time and effort to make all these legendary powers into uniques. And not this lazy half assed rare with a power on it.

I can't stand the whole account bound items garbage.

I wish it had crafting. I'd even settle for straight copy paste d2 crafting.

Why is gem crafting tied to your level? Wth is that about.

Only 4 stats per item? That's dumb

Also why so many stupid ass stats that are 99% the same thing

The whole armor stops magic damage is fucking dumb. They want to fix resists? Then make armor only block physical damage.

The AA grid looks like a 8yr old made it. Why is it so ugly eith almost no graphics? And why do squares instead of 6 or even 8 sided spheres. These would have allowed for so much more diversity.

Yeh I know. I'm kinda just venting about it lol. But Jesus christ

Why?

they don't play their own games
they don't like "Gamers"
they look at their fanbase as retarded and entitled males
they filled out their employment records with diversity and inclusion

It was apparent way before D4. They don't have the skill nor intellect left at the company to build good (entertaining, high quality, not grifty...) things for AT LEAST 5 more years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users