Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Its the exact same shit that happened to new world. I want to even say the network code is being pulled from a central source. There are just too many similarities to how characters are loaded, the lag of which, the invulnerability under certain network conditions, the dupes and more. Im waiting for a leak to come out that AGS devs, Blizzard devs, probably others - are buying network code from somewhere because its "cheaper."
Wouldn't surprise me at all, and probably more than just network code, and probably a lot more companies than AGS/Blizzard.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
But what if the comments themselves are fake and gay? And therein lies the problem with the modern internet. Everything is fake and gay and you cant have shit.

Maybe the solution is...place less importance on pristine marketing. I would rather 1000 "trolls" on every advertisement talking about how bad the advertisement is or how the product turned their uncle gay than the alternative. I'm tired of everyone blaming "Trolling" for their push to censorship in order to keep the image of squeaky-clean marketing.

If we really break down everything into a singular common evil, marketing is the worst because all they did was "Rebranded" lying.

*Company makes insane claim*, "No one reasonably believes that!" MARKETING!

*Company Promises X feature in their product*, "We couldn't reasonably attain that goal." MARKETING!

*Company cuts functional product from production*, "We are making something newer and better and rebranding!" MARKETING!

Just call it what it is, shitty lies to sell shitty products.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe the solution is...place less importance on pristine marketing. I would rather 1000 "trolls" on every advertisement talking about how bad the advertisement is or how the product turned their uncle gay than the alternative. I'm tired of everyone blaming "Trolling" for their push to censorship in order to keep the image of squeaky-clean marketing.

If we really break down everything into a singular common evil, marketing is the worst because all they did was "Rebranded" lying.

*Company makes insane claim*, "No one reasonably believes that!" MARKETING!

*Company Promises X feature in their product*, "We couldn't reasonably attain that goal." MARKETING!

*Company cuts functional product from production*, "We are making something newer and better and rebranding!" MARKETING!

Just call it what it is, shitty lies to sell shitty products.

Don't think you understand how marketing works

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
How many times can the Marketing team pull in new players? How many times before its just exhausted the pool of new players in general?

I reckon it works once per decade. Because we've all been at this point in 2013(?) with D3. Old people like your example aside, you simply get a load of new players through the passage of time.

Let's see who of us fall for D5 in 2033. They can't fuck it up again, right? Third time's the charm!

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
We need to start a player boycott of Blizzard.

They are getting players because it's an event. Think about how good it was when everyone was figuring out Elden Ring together or Baldurs Gate 3 now... it's fun to have that community.

So next time they release everyone needs to band together and choose an alternate game to fuck them over.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
New players? Just go back 50 pages in this thread and look at how many people paid $20 for 4 extra days and are no longer playing.

Basically what Mr. Creed said, perhaps not incredulous enough.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
New players? Just go back 50 pages in this thread and look at how many people paid $20 for 4 extra days and are no longer playing.

Basically what Mr. Creed said, perhaps not incredulous enough.
I think I'm the only person here who bought it who didn't pay for early access lol, I was made fun of for playing Zelda instead.

• 1NPC
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think I'm the only person here who bought it who didn't pay for early access lol, I was made fun of for playing Zelda instead.

You were made fun of because you kept talking about how you thought Zelda was so much better repeatedly when nobody asked you or cared. Then again later when you broke down and bought this anyways

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Good chance that Blizzard are going to abandon this game due to the poor reception and instead try and get normies to pay full box price for more content.

• 2Picard

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Good chance that Blizzard are going to abandon this game due to the poor reception and instead try and get normies to pay full box price for more content.
Diablowatch 2(.5)

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Warehousing D4 as is would be a grave mistake and only intensify the poor reception.

• 1Truth!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Warehousing D4 as is would be a grave mistake and only intensify the poor reception.
Look on the bright side, they might add PvE and talent trees for the new one, just like in Overwatch!

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is not a post about Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I will not so subtly react as a black man...

aaa.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Should be noted they have tenure only until 2025 in the c-suite according to the terms of the merger.

1692213086648.png

Just a year and a few months until changing of the guard. Ybarra likely won't even be there.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If we just get rid of everyone involved in the game it will get better

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The hope is that Microsoft looks at the big 20-year picture, which is a history of ineffective glacial development cycles and massive spending (Titan, Ghost), for moderate results at best. Besides Legion's box sales, and then ripping a good amount of people off with BFA to make it "fastest-selling", the performance has been lackluster for the amount of money and time spent across all of their IPs.

If they look at only the "improvements" Blizzard has made the last 2-3 years, the diverse staff, and "Hey D4 sold a lot of boxes, we're ready to do that again", then they might not find the Blizzard team redundant and lay them all off.

Regardless, the executives at Activision which control balance sheets, funding, and management of all Blizzard projects are gone in 2025 and will be replaced. That's a fact. This will have some type of impact on how Blizzard does things and Microsoft would be dumb to not let Ybarra go-- a guy who only got his job because of MeToo.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If we just get rid of everyone involved in the game it will get better
from these "play w/ a dev"

seems like if they got rid of diversity, we'd have a mucher game

i'm not saying, don't hire chang, if chang is a bomb ass coder, but it's obvious these bitches were hired to fill a quota

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
from these "play w/ a dev"

seems like if they got rid of diversity, we'd have a mucher game

i'm not saying, don't hire chang, if chang is a bomb ass coder, but it's obvious these bitches were hired to fill a quota
Why does this post read like a drunk Dr Sues?