Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Does anyonecare about any of that at this point? Vampire powers were pretty cool but not something that's going to make me come back I just stay updated waiting for the shit show that is their itemization update.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I will agree that Blizzard wants to sell MTX. See above about some singular WoW MTX making more than the entirety of SC2:WoL. They've been on the MTX train pre D3 I think.

I disagree that they are competing for GGG's market share. In this forum alone, what percentage of people are actively posting in the D4 and PoE threads? I don't count btw, I haven't played D4.

Transactions stop being "micro" when they surpass the $5.00 or $10.00 mark. $65.00 is absurd for an in game skin and I bet 90% of you still buy it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

1708790437120.png

apparently it was 200k to 500 last night

by most guesses, leaderboard/gauntlet/mid-season happens in 10 days, will be interesting to see how big and long the bump will be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think when you boil it down to the base level, there isn't really much in D4 that I would consider fun.

I played 1, 2, and 3 all when they were relevant and in Era and they all had an enjoyment factor that kept you coming back for more.

I didn't find that to be the case here in 4. Now, to be fair...I never pushed pass level 75. I thought the campaign was OK, but there wasn't really any desire that I had to keep going, nor did I find other classes very interesting either.

I just think D4 forgot to include the fun and exciting aspects of an arpg, and instead focused on trying to reinvent every system to introduce more of a grind to keep players interested.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
AAA games aren't made to be fun anymore, haven't been for a long time.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think when you boil it down to the base level, there isn't really much in D4 that I would consider fun.

I played 1, 2, and 3 all when they were relevant and in Era and they all had an enjoyment factor that kept you coming back for more.

I didn't find that to be the case here in 4. Now, to be fair...I never pushed pass level 75. I thought the campaign was OK, but there wasn't really any desire that I had to keep going, nor did I find other classes very interesting either.

I just think D4 forgot to include the fun and exciting aspects of an arpg, and instead focused on trying to reinvent every system to introduce more of a grind to keep players interested.

Also forgot to include Diablo

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's nothing for me to buy a game and give up on it quickly if I get tired of it. D4 I got two characters to lvl 50ish and that was it. Only game I've bought in the last 20 plus years that I felt like I didn't get my monies worth. It definetly was missing any aspect of fun or accomplishment.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Biggest thing I noticed about myself with Diablo 4 is that I would rush through all the actual content, towing my g/f around while she complains about wanting to look at everything - only to get to level 70ish, realize there aint shit to do and put it down. Then pick it up when my g/f wanted to play just to be annoyed the entire time because getting any semblance of an upgrade was like hitting the fucking lottery in real life. In a make believe world, I want to win the fucking lottery all the time. Not be reminded of real fucking life. The seasonal shit is just fucking gimmicky bullshit that is 1% of what they actually promised seasons would be like when they were developing the game.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This turd worth playing yet? Was waiting for it to come to Game Pass, but might not even be worth free.

Is there even a non-season mode? Like D3 I never got into the seasons, just enjoyed dicking around single player building characters.

• 1Seriously?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This turd worth playing yet? Was waiting for it to come to Game Pass, but might not even be worth free.

Is there even a non-season mode? Like D3 I never got into the seasons, just enjoyed dicking around single player building characters.
It's more fun waiting for Last Epoch servers to come back up than to play this. The story goes downhill after the first 10 minutes after the tension evaporates because the main villain is already exposed.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nah.

The biggest problem is that the devs have no clue what is going on. They can't figure out why people play ARPG's, and I'm not being melodramatic here. Further, they can't figure out damage formulas, and they keep dropping the ball in big ways. For instance, season 2 had a bunch of laughably OP builds, and people were beating the end boss with vendor bought gear. Er, ARPG's are about loot, so what's the point of loot if you can beat the game with shit you bought off a vendor? Granted only a few builds could do this, that they existed at all was WTF.

Season 3 (current season), they alternate teams for the seasons. This season has a pet that was useless at the start, so the buffed it. Aaannd the pet itself could then beat the endgame boss. For fuck's sakes. Even worse, the teams aren't working off the same basic code base. Season 3 is based on a different version than season 2, and reintroduced bugs the other team fixed in season 2. There were other features slated to be released with the start of season 3, but had to be pushed back. Then they pushed it back again. Them dropping the ball always happens and they don't give a fuck.

Season 4 is supposed to fix loot, but considering that they can't even get simple percentages right, we all know the gear fix is going to be one giant clusterfuck.

You can give it a poke when it hits Gamepass. I wouldn't pay money for it.

If you want to get your ARPG on now, give Last Epoch a look. Full release V1 just dropped last week. I have ARPG burnout, so can't offer a valid opinion on it, but head over to the thread and give it a look. Only $35. If they haven't fixed the servers yet, play in full offline mode.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Even worse, the teams aren't working off the same basic code base. Season 3 is based on a different version than season 2, and reintroduced bugs the other team fixed in season 2.
Is this a common development practice? After we release, the release branch is merged into master. Is each season branching off master really early and then never merging master into their branch?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is this a common development practice? After we release, the release branch is merged into master. Is each season branching off master really early and then never merging master into their branch?
It's called code diversity bigot

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's called code diversity bigot
Progressive stack on commits, a straight white male can't edit the code of anyone else without their permission and asking is a microagression questioning their competence.

This explains resists being broken. Must have had a BIPOC code it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Don’t waste your time nor money, play it on Gamepass. Spend your money on Last Epoch. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy the game and I’m a huge Diablo fan.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The bare bones were there. Some decent art. It was a really expensive buy for just the campaign and main story.

It's not mechanically better than mobile game Immortal even by Season 3. The grinding doesn't give those dopamine hits you can get in D2, D3, Immortal. I doubt Season 4 will change that-- but if they go hard on itemization overhauls it could potentially surpass Immortal in terms of loot/game mechanics.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Goatface

had zero desire to play d4, but it came with my xbox. in the last 5 years or so, only real games i have been playing are minecraft and terraria so it is a change and fun till a point.
the other day, found out in couch co-op, the 2nd player will auto-follow you around. now have an 80's nero minion that dies alot. it added a new challenge which has been good. there is no real point to it, but other the extra boss mats. if wondering, nero is full minion build with ‍sacrilegious soul ring, so corpse explosion and tendrils work automatically.
don't think mid-season patch will really improve anything, but guess will find out tomorrow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The bare bones were there. Some decent art. It was a really expensive buy for just the campaign and main story.

It's not mechanically better than mobile game Immortal even by Season 3. The grinding doesn't give those dopamine hits you can get in D2, D3, Immortal. I doubt Season 4 will change that-- but if they go hard on itemization overhauls it could potentially surpass Immortal in terms of loot/game mechanics.

There "bare bones" are literally Diablo 3. They added on to D3, didn't even change the code for stash/inventory. Pathetic company and pathetic game.

• 2Like